• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Vivox would be nice, I agree.  It was broken though (there are notes all over from the previous dev team).  They had even nearly completed a Steam voice integration it was so bad.

There are a few options to explore, Vivox being the more expensive of them.  We're down to needing some good gameplay and generalist programmers, btw.  We'll be sure to take a look at it again.

What do you guys think of Curse Voice?  It's crazy-easy to integrate (far, far easier than anything else).

Are you asking community programmers to actually make a move on this or simply their opinion?

I sincerely think this should be a dev decision on which program to use or else threads will become a nutshell of arguing which is better. Like I said in my last thread, it curse voice is that easy and a stable/good quality program, isn't the choice between the two easy?

Since I don't know what are the differences between theses programs are I tried to find a brief description of what they do:

http://www.vivox.com...ated-voice.html
http://www.curseinc....ice-integration

Edited by Luaq, 16 August 2015 - 09:28 PM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Since Curse is (apparently) free, Curse. We can still upgrade later but for now I would be happy with ANYTHING regarding that topic. Better 1 than 0. An upgarde to the next level can always be done ... "soon". :]

• Luaq likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I think Curse is a good move. I got for Robocraft and it works pretty well, as well being really easy to work with. If it's that easy to integrate, I don't see why not. And as Fake said, we can look at better (read: more sophisticated) options later.

• Luaq likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Free is a better choice because of the current state of the game. There's like 1 bazillion servers up right now. That's derailing enough money from the devs right now.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

As long as it automatically has teammates isolated to talking to the team only while the match is in progress, make it so.

• Luaq likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

As long as it automatically has teammates isolated to talking to the team only while the match is in progress, make it so.

89589,keepcalmandmakeitso1KTKYV.jpg

Edited by Sorroritas, 17 August 2015 - 07:18 AM.

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

It would be nice if we could have a survey in-game about this.
(Off topic, 16player servers are fawken awesome)

pearlpixel

pearlpixel

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Vivox is definitely trying to get better with their integrations. Plus, each game is differently integrated so the devs of a game are the ones who decide how the ui looks, etc, based on the contract I presume.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Soooo, any news on that matter? Any plans coming "soon"?

Edited by Luaq, 19 September 2015 - 10:44 AM.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

unfortunately hawken can never sell any piece of free code

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

unfortunately hawken can never sell any piece of free code

Um...

The licensing that comes with the free (gratis) code allows developers to sell their products.

Lol. Microsoft even used GPL licensed code for windows.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

sorry for poor choice of words, rather i should have said it would be up to community to use any of the voip that reloaded doesnt have permission to incorporate, in that regard i suggest discord https://discordapp.com/this can be tailored to hawken in the future quite easily aswell to automaticaly launch discord channels when joining server/team 

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Discord client is great, but no option to host your own server, so no.

Vivox allows them to integrate the client into the game, ADH has already attempted vivox, as its binary is included with hawken installation. Reloaded prolly already has it integrated on the server side, as well, another leftover from ADH.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Iirc, in the February dev update, Josh indicated that he now has Vivox behaving as "smooth as a water slide".
  • Luaq likes this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

An in-game & working  Vo/IP system with stability enough would be much appreciated; indeed.

Also a little tweaking for the mute player feature to "mute" or hide the chat text of any muted player as well..

just my 2 cents

• Luaq, Brother3J and HoneyBoomBoom like this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I heard! Was so exited about this! This Thread old though! haha

HoneyBoomBoom

HoneyBoomBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Also a little tweaking for the mute player feature to "mute" or hide the chat text of any muted player as well..

just my 2 cents

The individual mute feature would be a must for me... it's bad enough to have to read what some people spew, let alone listen to it.  That's in addition to a global mute/unmute option for comms in general, yeah? 

• DieselCat, Luaq, Brother3J and 1 other like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i think we should just use the teampeak and be happy

Edited by (thc)OdinTheWise, 19 February 2016 - 09:21 PM.

• HoneyBoomBoom likes this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

But how are we supposed to berate and drive away our new teammates?

Besides I miss the soothing sounds of Suicideneil's nasaly voice telling me how to play siege.
  • coldform, MechFighter5e3bf9, Jelooboi and 1 other like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Or any other 3rd party Vo/IP software as for example RaidCall or any other..

And talking about Vo/IP, the main problem I actually see with lack of a working ingame susbsystem like this is how new players do perform during a MA and/or Siege match. Most of the times, It's hard to type and play well at the same time. So suggesting actions or typing intructions in order to help them to adapt and perform well requires dedication and patience. Thus it's a good thing to hear from the very devs that this issue will be solved relatively soon ergo it's taken into account.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voip, voice, communication, gameplay, strategy, teamplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users