• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hey All. My name is Chaplain5, and in defiance of common sense, I use the 36M. :P

All right, so I know that this mech badly needs a buff. But for the moment, I am really trying hard to make it work for me, to squeeze some functionality out of an awesome-but-impractical mech.

Does anyone have an ideas? Tips, strategy? Has anyone made this mech work well?

This signature is under construct

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Camp at bottlenecks, bail as enemy team breaks through, if they carry emps, weep. 

Edited by JackVandal, 30 May 2017 - 01:06 PM.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

seriously, you're gonna need some sort of other-worldly battle awareness to really make this thing work - the time that it takes turret down and spin the guns up means that you're going to need to predict enemy movement/objectives like 10 seconds in advance - not an easy task to do in hawken at all.

the weapons on this mech are crap unless you're in turret mode, and you're damn near stationary while turreted.

Edited by coldform, 30 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Strategy: Play something else.

• Meraple, nepacaka, wischatesjesus and 1 other like this

Spoiler

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

dual wielding mech with minimal competitive viability?

I think I found my new mech.

• coldform, Rainbow_Sheep, Bergwein and 2 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

imho a 36M needs orbs, shield, orblording internals and a pocket tech.

but even with that it's still not that good compared to a G2 assault with an AR.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

this is the c frame with the b frame hp, right?

i have one--i can't even stay alive in bots-tdm with it, ffs, much less get a >1.0 k/dr.

fun, but pitiful.  i haven't been brave/stupid enough to play it pvp yet. my mmr sux bad enuff.

• FRX23 likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Ornual

Ornual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Not to sound like that guy , but it probably will lol.

I'm probably one of the only guys on xbone who can use this mech to any practicality. It is by far one of the hardest mechs in the game to actually score high decently with. My opinions on how to use it would be as follows..

Use a mk3 Detonator/ Mk3 Shield dome.

Since the update it probably will differ for internals than what I did run, though I would be comfortable with running either deflectors/fusor, deflectors/fuel converters or fuel converter/fusor.

Play extremely close range to the enemy mech you are trying to kill. The 36M is super squishy, but i'm fairly sure it is the fastest heavy in the game. Shield mode is suicide, only good way to use it would be shooting at distracted enemies fighting your team, ideally dropping into it from behind. (if you boost while dropping to shield mode, it appears to do so a fraction faster than doing the normal shield mode animation. 

Hope this helps! :)

Edit: He's right here, had a brain fart and forgot to add about that ;p

Click weapons every 3 seconds to maintain a spin, then hold to start spraying.

Edited by Ornual, 30 May 2017 - 03:19 PM.

PC/Xbone Hawken player. Community Organizer for the Hawken Community Xbox group (2100+ members and counting).                                                                                          

Controller FPS controls over Keyboards any day!                                      

N8GCbTB.png

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
It's a great mech. Love playing. Looks nasty and if you catch a group in a corridor in turret mode.... muahaha. Does need a little buff love though. Click weapons every 3 seconds to maintain a spin, then hold to start spraying. Anyone with good headset going to hear you a mile away but maybe that's better as they'll know their impending doom !! 4 slot repair kit unfortunately is where I saw the best results. You have to be an orb fuzzy bunny for the time being with it. Yeah I know, wa-WAHHH ! Incredibly fast C class though.
  • TangledMantis likes this

wmmoney.png

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

So:

Keep weapons spun up.

Repair Charge. Shield. Detonator.

Repair Kit.

Highly situational turret mode.

Chokepoints.

Anything else I should know? Thanks guys. :)

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

36m Turret mode has to many disadvantages:

1. Can't run.

2. Can't dodge.

3. Can't Jump.

4. Can't Hover.

5. Can't use deflectors. = LESS defense in turret mode.

6. Can't turn fast enough to track anything.

7. Can't 180 turn.

8. Sitting duck for EMP.

9. Sitting duck for splash damage.

10. Sitting duck for pokers.

11. Sitting duck for snipers.

12. Sitting duck for anything that can sneak up behind you.

13. Get instantly run over if 2 or more enemies jump you together.

14. Takes to long to transform. Unlike in the TV shows, enemies don't have the courtesy to stop attacking you while a long cut-scene plays.

15. Barely functions with a tech, useless without.

Advantages:

1. You do more damage if anyone lets you hit them!!!

So when is 36m viable? When it can shoot people in the back that aren't focusing it, or camping chokes in bot destruction were it can get the buffs that it requires. Sounds like it should have been given stealth mode instead. Turret mode is a tank that can't tank.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

So:

Highly situational turret mode.

yeah, very situational... if enemies stand still near with you, and don't shoot in you, ignore you, and probably blind. you can do something.
imo, his turret mode should have at least:
+15% front armor
-5% back armor

the same with g2 grenadier. without bonus armor his ability can work sometimes, if you use ricochet from revgl and enemy behind wall and can't shoot directly. but fuzzy bunnyng revgl don't have ricochet. it should be atleast +15% armor too, because without moving you will ded supa-fast. literally, it working only if enemy not look at you, not see you, don't want to kill you and don't want to play in hawken. maybe afk.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

So:

Keep weapons spun up. is this possible during the turret transition? also, wouldn't the accidental shot light you up on radar?

Repair Charge. Shield. Detonator. repair charge, ok.  sheild + turret mode = asking for an EMP. detonator? I haven't ran det since before S3.

Repair Kit. Ew. any self-respecting pilot would stay away from orbslut internals, even with the recent nerf.

Highly situational turret mode. situational = not viable in ALL situations.

Chokepoints. maybe.  maaayybe.

Anything else I should know? Thanks guys. :) play another mech until they figure out how to make it not crap.  the core tactic is easy to pick up on.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

So:

Keep weapons spun up. is this possible during the turret transition? also, wouldn't the accidental shot light you up on radar?

When repairing in the Incinerator, a fully spun-up PPA will still revolve for 5 seconds or so, so I would imagine they'd stay at least partially spun if you transition from firing to turret immediately. 

Repair Charge. Shield. Detonator. repair charge, ok.  sheild + turret mode = asking for an EMP. detonator? I haven't ran det since before S3.

Repair charge is a solid choice, shield is if the Enemy doesn't use their EMP's much, and det is primarily useful for mechs that deal heavy burst damage, something that the 36m lacks. 

Repair Kit. Ew. any self-respecting pilot would stay away from orbslut internals, even with the recent nerf.

This smells of orblord. Orblord is for sycophants and products of incest. 

Highly situational turret mode. situational = not viable in ALL situations.

I'm not sure if you realize this isn't a good thing. Being versatile is better than being situational, just look at the Assault. 

Chokepoints. maybe.  maaayybe.

If you're gonna spam chokes, Incinerator and Grenadier do it better. 

Anything else I should know? Thanks guys. :) play another mech until they figure out how to make it not crap.  the core tactic is easy to pick up on.

If you like the 36m, try the Incinerator. It's better and has a remotely useful ability. 

• coldform likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

36m Turret mode has to many disadvantages:

14. Takes to long to transform. Unlike in the TV shows, enemies don't have the courtesy to stop attacking you while a long cut-scene plays.

Anyone else thinking Robots in Disguise?  :tongue:  :yes:

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Okay, so what I've gathered here is that there are, in fact, varying opinions on this mech. Most people think it's bad but they disagree as to how bad. :P

I'm going to go with Ornual's advice and give it a shot. I think my biggest problems are these:

1. I wasn't using Repair Charge.

2. I was using the turret mode most of the time. Yah, call me a n00b. You'd be right.  :thumbsup:

3. I was standing off at a range. I did that to counteract my squishyness. But it looks like a good offense is the best defense. I'll try playing it like a fat Raider (I guess we can't say that anymore now that it's the Marauder lol) and rush 'em.

Thanks guys.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Okay, so what I've gathered here is that there are, in fact, varying opinions on this mech. Most people think it's bad but they disagree as to how bad. :P

I'm going to go with Ornual's advice and give it a shot. I think my biggest problems are these:

1. I wasn't using Repair Charge.
2. I was using the turret mode most of the time. Yah, call me a n00b. You'd be right. :thumbsup:
3. I was standing off at a range. I did that to counteract my squishyness. But it looks like a good offense is the best defense. I'll try playing it like a fat Raider (I guess we can't say that anymore now that it's the Marauder lol) and rush 'em.

Thanks guys.

My initial instinct was battle turkey gatling gunner... too squishy. What is fun is when you load this bad boy with speed internals... whoa baby it's fast which makes me keep going back to those internals only to remember after a few rounds why I changed them. Good luck though.

wmmoney.png

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I tried playing this mech.  I sat behind a A-class with both barrels ripping into it, yet somehow the A-class took the damage, gets out of it and literally destroy this mech almost instantly.  Never mind more than 1 opponent, the thing just gets destroyed.  Needs some major adjustment.

Basically, can't move (slow!).  Weapons are useless (spin up) and doesn't seem to really do damage on anything.  Aim straight but it misses (this may be related to the hit registration though).  Crap mech until it's actually buffed. 

Edited by Draco3, 04 June 2017 - 05:34 AM.

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

575 health on a heavy mech is a joke.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I've been working this mech for a while,  trying to get an angle on it.    Here goes....

1:   It's not a Deathmatch mech.  Get used to it.

2:   Feather the trigger a bit... to keep it on boil.   This is NOT hard.   any experience with the Incinerator should have you used to this.

3:   Tempting as it is to just open fire and unload lead,  don't.  Heat builds up to quick.  I don't aim for a set mech.  Target choke points.  Attack CLUSTERS.

You have to see this mech as say a Support class in Battlefield.  That 500 round gatling gun is fuzzy bunny for hitting a target.  It's just suppression fire.  Be judicial on the trigger,  manage heat,  and you'll lay down more damage than you know...

4:  Bring SHIELDS.   Lot's of em.   For repair.  For heat cooldown.  For your friends abandoning you to die, by your lonesome in the heat of combat...

5:  Again.. if you have the mentality to not take on any 1 mech,   but to suppress a zone...  it can do major damage!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks for the tips Bad_Benny.

So:

1. Suppression. Target groups in chokepoints.

2. Shields.

And, is it just me, or does this mech have a seriously big fuel tank? It's boost speed is crazy for a heavy mech too. I can boost for quite a bit, and my airspeed doesn't seem too bad either.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

in the game of Dota 2.  you will possibly rarely or ever see Techies play in competitive gaming.

there are fuzzy bunny heroes and there isn't. not saying urs is retarded. it's actually great. like techies great.

valon79

valon79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

well its a rough one, to start most play a burst game and it doesnt have it.  if you lose a spin up or both u are dead.  idk why its decent speed but in turret it is the slowest.  i did some jump in testing vs decent players with it.  in jumping in without spin up u lose half hp before u can fire, spun up is decent fight but with less accuracy of weapon and less damage, and less hp than the g2a...its a less everything of the g2a and we all know how that was.

gopherAnime

gopherAnime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Spent enough time to upgrade to G2-36M. Besides bots & absolute noob crts, the mech's not enjoyable.

C mech with fastest walk & lowest HP, closerange suppression, very weird design. Not fast enough or long range enough to chase down mechs like Marouder. Everyone hides/flanks right before dying so a terrible KD is normal (using g2 full orblording). KD 1/1 is rare.

Spread too large, ineffective even point blank.

A faster house won't evade more bullets.

Heat capacity is high, but takes forever to clear the heat then wind back.

Vs noob slow flying scout: took over 5 seconds to kill.

Vs m turret at a distance: some 20 seconds & overheat.

Full HP 36M pre-woundup, flanking 1/2 HP assault: 36M dies most times.

Vs Assault with smg + vulcanXT: just run

Vs Kerby: go hide

Vs any mech: die, or hide behind your friends & spam

Pros:

Helps lower mmr

High assists (if there's enough players)

Fix ideas:

Reduce spread, keep the same short range.

More hp?

Make turret transform very fast or more front defense?

Edited by gopherAnime, 05 August 2017 - 01:28 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 36m, tips, strategy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users