Photo

36M and Vytro: Video? Screenshots? Review?

- - - - - 36m vytro

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

If I had to choose a replacement for the Breacher, I'd actually go for the Mini Flak.

This would force the Vytro to use only the Charge Cannon for mid to long-range engagements. At Point-D range (where it could use both weapons), it's low health will work against it. I think this sounds like a satisfactory nerf without being a total loss.

This signature is under construct

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

If I had to choose a replacement for the Breacher, I'd actually go for the Mini Flak.

This would force the Vytro to use only the Charge Cannon for mid to long-range engagements. At Point-D range (where it could use both weapons), it's low health will work against it. I think this sounds like a satisfactory nerf without being a total loss.

You could achieve the same thing, arguably better, with the t-32 bolt, and still keep the charge mechanic gimmick to boot (Not that we necessarily need to keep that as a gimmick, just sayin'.)

Edited by DeeRax, 27 October 2016 - 08:14 AM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Hitscan dont self damage.
Im ok with a hitscan,sustain primary like AR which can poke ok at range and work with scope but itd still be pretty versatile up close so it might be better with the eoc and everyones un-favorite the pn-223

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

We're doing alright with the feedback. This community is vocal and passionate about the game. It's really hard for everyone to give us feedback on design when they aren't being honest with us.

Sorry, I don't understand the last sentence. Can you elaborate a little, please?

• Miscellaneous, DeeRax and ARCH3TYP3 like this

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Sorry, I don't understand the last sentence. Can you elaborate a little, please?

I had trouble understanding this as well.

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I think what he is saying is that our honest feed back helps...

he understands why we get a little upset sometimes because we are a passionate playerbase and he wants to hear our thoughts...

though im only guessing this may not be what he means at all lol

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

this forum also has a tendency to troll and shitpost.

he's probably like

671256e55e7b94c478f77c4dd2aa2641afb98ec7

• eth0, Flifang and DeeRax like this

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

its fun but i think the ability is pretty bad. you cloak but you walk almost half your base speed and then charging the rail gun cancels it.

• Miscellaneous, nepacaka, DeeRax and 2 others like this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Still only 1 Vytro video and 0 36m videos.  Do we have no one playing on the consoles that can provide footage?  I'd like too see more gameplay of the new mechs, see how they work.  Stuff like fire rate of the charge cannon is a totally mystery.

• DemitronPrime likes this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

By this I meant if people aren't allowed to be brutally honest, it's impossible to take feedback - as your feedback samples are tainted at that point. If you don't allow people to speak their mind, you only what you want to hear and make decisions for people, not with people.

• Miscellaneous, MomOw, talon70 and 2 others like this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I second this.  If you leave off an AOE splodey-gun then it has its limitations on corner play.

• DeeRax likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

ok played vytro some more and after rigorous scientific testing and peer review, my conclusion is as follows:

the ability is hot steamy garbage. its officially worse and somehow more redundant than reaper ability

• Miscellaneous, nepacaka, DeeRax and 2 others like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

ok played vytro some more and after rigorous scientific testing and peer review, my conclusion is as follows:

the ability is hot steamy garbage. its officially worse and somehow more redundant than reaper ability

It is look like ability can work only for runaway, you can't use it for attack someone due it still working on heat. Sad.
  • DeeRax likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I 2nd Silver's suggestion to drop the visual stealth and have the ability just completely conceal you on radar for the duration, even while boosting and firing, and even if the other team is using a scanner. It would be a lot more useful, and far more unique, than just a gimped, non-functioning version of Infil's camo (Which arguably has it's own problems even, i.e. get rid of the fuel drain!).

Is RLD currently capable of making a unique ability, or can they only copy/paste and edit values of pre-existing stuff?

Edited by DeeRax, 01 November 2016 - 10:48 AM.

• Zebanchi likes this

2XhpJes.png

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

But I think this is the whole idea.

See, everyone's upset about how OP the weapons are, and now they're upset about how under-powered the ability is. The bad ability balances out the OP weapons. So overall the Vytro is not OP... I think?

That's the impression I got, anyway.

This signature is under construct

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

But I think this is the whole idea.

See, everyone's upset about how OP the weapons are, and now they're upset about how under-powered the ability is. The bad ability balances out the OP weapons. So overall the Vytro is not OP... I think?

That's the impression I got, anyway.

NO IT'S NOT BALANCE, IT'S JUST ALL-AROUND BAD DESIGN.
You don't balance an OP aspect with something that's useless garbage and then get to call it "fair and balanced and fun to play."

Edited by DeeRax, 01 November 2016 - 11:28 AM.

• Miscellaneous and -Tj- like this

2XhpJes.png

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

TL;DR:

1. Replace breacher with something (Mini-flak, t-32 bolt, heat cannon, and EOC repeater all seem like good choices, for reasons).
2. Fix the ability so that it's actually functional, or replace it with something else (Like the "radar invisibility" suggestion in this thread)
OPTIONAL (BUT SUGGESTED): Replace the scope function with a unique secondary-firing option for the Charge Cannon.

• MomOw and StubbornPuppet like this

2XhpJes.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

OPTIONAL (BUT SUGGESTED): Replace the scope function with a unique secondary-firing option for the Charge Cannon.

Oooh. Like maybe it's alternate firing option could be a shorter range "spread-charge"... or a "stun-gun".
  • DeeRax likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

... or a "stun-gun".

Please.. No... Not that... Noooooo!

*convoulses while having flashbacks of stunlock

Edited by -Tj-, 02 November 2016 - 03:39 PM.

• DeeRax likes this

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

or a "stun-gun".

Anything that can consistently halt the movement of an opponent is not fun.  Its like Mei. and Mei is the devil's child.

A good idea for it would be to have a design where you have a sort of casing around the gun, and the secondary mode for the gun would be to pull back that casing exposing a sort of tesla coil that can do damage to multiple opponents but doesn't have a lot of range

• DeeRax likes this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I would play Mei.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

i found a bug with vytro. vanguard turret mode doest work against the charge cannon. i do more damage than if vanguard were standing up. breacher and charge cannon do 196 dmg from the front

• PoopSlinger, JackVandal and DeeRax like this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

i found a bug with vytro. vanguard turret mode doest work against the charge cannon. i do more damage than if vanguard were standing up. breacher and charge cannon do 196 dmg from the front

I'll have to check that out... is it only the charge cannon? If so that should be relatively easy to fix.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

only the charge cannon

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Anything that can consistently halt the movement of an opponent is not fun.  Its like Mei. and Mei is the devil's child.

Noted... but I guess I didn't think of that as the implied meaning. I wouldn't suggest anything that halt movement, just more that it does very mild damage while sort of mildly screwing with the targets fluidity (slightly glitchy aiming, a bit of stagger in your step, reduced jump height and air mobility). It could make the alt fire a good teamwork promoter.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 04 November 2016 - 08:10 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 36m, vytro

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users