- - - - - vytro charge cannon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

So I unlocked the Vytro yesterday and it's a cool mech. I used it for a few games and did horrible with it. Maybe I'm just not used to having two weapons that have to charge or the combination. Usually I can do pretty well with the sharpshooter so you would think that would translate directly to a mech with the same role and class.

Anyway, it seemed like the fully charged charge cannon does pretty similar damage to the sharpshooter's sabot rifle. I would have to use them both again to really compare (which I will) but that was my initial impression.

Since the charge rifle has to be charged to deliver full damage that really hurts its rate of fire pretty significantly. On top of that, while you hold a full charge it builds heat so you only have a limited time window to wait for an open line of fire.

This made it pretty difficult to land a hit at the right moment. It seems like the sabot rifle is capable of very similar damage but at the instant you pull the trigger, which doesn't really make sense and sort of makes the charge cannon feel inferior. 

My suggestion is to possibly give it a slight damage increase or make it able to pierce through multiple enemies like a true rail gun (which, honestly is exactly what it looks like). Maybe it could instantaneously build a certain amount of heat in the target it hits. That way if the enemy has a lot of heat built up when hit, a charged shot could possibly shut down enemy's weapons for a bit due to overheating. Of course, the amount of heat built up in the enemy would be proportional to the charge cannon's shot.

These are just ideas off of the top of my head.

Trying to think of something to makeup for the long charge time. Feels like a high risk, low reward type of weapon. 

WHAT SAY YOU?

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

(PS4)kdesmo

(PS4)kdesmo

• PlayStation Members
  • 18 posts

I agree the vytro is difficult to pull off as a duelist, but it does well in the ambush department.  I think a bit of AOE on the charge cannon would be enough to get the vytro up to par.

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

Anyone else have some input on this? Maybe a dev or 2?

.. ..   .   ...     ..   @   <------(tumbleweed)

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts
The vytro charge cannon has a strange bug where if fired at a group of enemys it chains to nearby enemys and gives a hit marker but dose no damage even though visually it looks like it should

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Ok i assume you lot found and fixed my bug that made my vytro useful so now i wonder what is its purpose other than being a worse version of the civ [which i hate] 

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Right now i believe it is clear that the vytro is a mech i hold close to my heart so could we have a new primary weapon for the vytro [and kerby] maybe shake up the feel of the mech and give it the hawkins RPR i dont know i personally do not like the breecher

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

thanks for the shotty intentional or not

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vytro, charge cannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users