Photo

What's The Status On In-Game Chat? Alternatives?

- - - - - vc voice chat voice chat feature shooter fps hawken

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MegaZoneEX

MegaZoneEX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I know this is on the "To Do" for the new team. Ive been on here since beta and it baffles me how voice chat isnt enabled yet.

I know a lot of new players including my little brother who would be professional at this game and continuing to play if in game voice chat was enabled again.

Maybe im missing where exactly the propriety is for this feature. A shooter should have in game voice chat, typing just cant cut it here.

On the other hand, in the mean time, what are some alternatives have people been using to communicate(other than typing..)? 

• Luaq likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

*coughcough*

• Meraple, eth0, MegaZoneEX and 1 other like this

MegaZoneEX

MegaZoneEX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for this my firend

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

2ilypgh.gif

• eth0 and DieselCat like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

I know this is on the "To Do" for the new team. Ive been on here since beta and it baffles me how voice chat isnt enabled yet.

I know a lot of new players including my little brother who would be professional at this game and continuing to play if in game voice chat was enabled again.

Maybe im missing where exactly the propriety is for this feature. A shooter should have in game voice chat, typing just cant cut it here.

On the other hand, in the mean time, what are some alternatives have people been using to communicate(other than typing..)? 

nothing can be done about new features and things like that until they can push client patches which they are a few months away from at the least. patience padawan 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Merl has a recent interview with th'Capn on youtube where he talks about voice and its priority vs other things.
  • Luaq likes this

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

It's nice, but doesn't solve the real problem. Lucky enough we are on the forums and know about this though it's not the same as in-game voice chat, for the new players or maybe some vet's that actually don't go on forums, in-game voip has to come back.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

It's nice, but doesn't solve the real problem. Lucky enough we are on the forums and know about this though it's not the same as in-game voice chat, for the new players or maybe some vet's that actually don't go on forums, in-game voip has to come back.

Nowhere are we saying it's a replacement. OP's thread is specifically asking for what the HKTS is - a fully armed and operational battlestation alternative.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vc, voice, chat, voice chat, feature, shooter, fps, hawken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users