• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

StephenHawking

StephenHawking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello pilots,

I haven't played Hawken since shortly after the Technician was released. I feel like there's a whole lot to take in getting back into the swing of things.

Is there anything I really need to know? Is my EOC Inf still godlike? Or my Heat Scout?

Are things mostly the same? I quit when things slowed down a whole lot and they changed things to make everything so much slower like Mechwarrior.

I looked around in the garage and played a quick bot match but it was hard to tell if things were still like they were shortly after release pace wise.

Are the kill proc internals the best ones to get? (reduced cd and armour regen)

Is EMP nerfed? I remember having to dodge green balls all day everyday.

Help an old man out?

Regards,

StephenHawking

• comic_sans and M4st0d0n like this

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hey buddy! Long time no see.

Yeah, much has changed, emp is now shot out like a hockey puck that will emp on contact or on a timer when missed.

Eoc is regarded as the weakest primary, but can still be used to great effect, heat scout is still good, but outshined by bigger mechs in comp play.

They cut the health of all the classes so a's are closer to the release ttk, with c's being beefier.

Air dodge internal and the preponderance of air combat will be the biggest things to get used to.

For internals, extractor with repair kit is considered op and air dodge is ubiquitous.
  • comic_sans likes this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Welcome back cupcake! Phed has got it, but shameless plug: War Wednesday is tonight if you'd like to play somewhere not pubs or just chat it up with us. teamspeak ts5.gameservers.com:9125

EOC travel speed will probably feel a little slow in the air but it's still got a good punch. I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time.

• comic_sans likes this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Welcome back cupcake! Phed has got it, but shameless plug: War Wednesday is tonight if you'd like to play somewhere not pubs or just chat it up with us. teamspeak ts5.gameservers.com:9125

EOC travel speed will probably feel a little slow in the air but it's still got a good punch. I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time.

You could probably get caught up on everything and maybe even get back up to speed just by attending this one night.  Welcome back!

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

welcome back! see ya in game!~

oyoy

oyoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

"The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities."  -- you. :turned:

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Welcome back old man!

Heat scout still OP, but I haven't met pros using EOC infil so far.

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Is my EOC Inf still godlike?

All I needed to read was this to know how long you have been gone. A very, very long time, lol.

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Shields are now visibles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: old, return, alpha, beta, cupcake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users