• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

So I've been thinking ever since the old tutorial resurfaced on the subreddit, how hard would it be to put a walkable mech in the garage map? Maybe have it exlorable in the 'map exploration' mode.

Just curious, nothing more.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

For those unfamiliar, this is the old training:

In the video, the area where you learn to dodge to avoid missiles are the same buildings shown on the loading screen between joining matches. They just cleaned up the quality of textures a bit.

Edited by nokari, 03 April 2015 - 02:51 AM.

• dorobo, Dr_Freeze001, MomOw and 1 other like this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

-snip-

Aaahhh, the memories...

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

zupsero

zupsero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

why did they change it? The old one looks beauiful

also, a walkable garage would be so cool

Edited by zupsero, 03 April 2015 - 01:08 AM.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

why did they change it? The old one looks beauiful

Many of us have asked that question as well. :tongue:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

THIS is the kind of Grit I miss from the old days. Not the TTK. Not the skill trees or whatever else. The GRIT.

• dorobo, Dr_Freeze001 and SparkyJJC like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Screenshot of when you first exited the garage:

hawken06.jpg

Aerial view of the whole training area. The garage is the big building to the left of my radar:

screenshot00015_by_nokari-d5re9e9.jpg

• dorobo likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

This is cool but is it still all there ? i mean does the game load that whole damn thing every single time just to view your mech ?

(no wonder my syncing takes ages damnit)

Edited by LaurenEmily, 03 April 2015 - 02:51 AM.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

This is cool but is it still all there ? i mean does the game load that whole damn thing every single time just to view your mech ?

(no wonder my syncing takes ages damnit)

This map doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't since the Ascension patch. The current garage "map" is a very small space that's just the garage itself.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

This map doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't since the Ascension patch. The current garage "map" is a very small space that's just the garage itself.

Okay i kinda guessed maybe not.. That map does look very cool though, shame they scrapped it..

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Okay i kinda guessed maybe not.. That map does look very cool though, shame they scrapped it..

It's no longer in-game, but an older version prehaps. 

Actually, I've gotta try and get an old version of Hawken, can someone help me out with that?

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

It's no longer in-game, but an older version prehaps. 

Actually, I've gotta try and get an old version of Hawken, can someone help me out with that?

I don't think any of those will work anymore. IIRC, every time they put out a major update we had to download a new version of the app and none of the previous versions would sync to the account server. Only the latest would. If you tried it now you'd probably just get a "Failed to sync" error trying to log in or create a new account. 

Edited by nokari, 03 April 2015 - 03:15 AM.

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

I'm sorry but who in the right mind changed that beautiful introductory/training map for the current VR shite.

I didn't get to play on that map but this new VR bollocks is just pathetic.

• SparkyJJC likes this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

CornR

CornR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

wouldn't you just walk once in the garage and never touch it again? Sounds a bit pointless

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

What if you had a customizable garage you could walk around. Maybe even invite 1 person at a time there and have duels outside the garage?

• Tankman95, LaurenEmily and Amazia like this

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

What if you had a customizable garage you could walk around. Maybe even invite 1 person at a time there and have duels outside the garage?

This is an awesome idea! +1

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

That's what the private servers are for.

I'm sorry but who in the right mind changed that beautiful introductory/training map for the current VR shite.

I didn't get to play on that map but this new VR bollocks is just pathetic.

The old map was unfinished for a long time, was easy to get out of (as seen in my screenshot above), and not well optimized. It would be cool if they could revise/recreate it though.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

That's what the private servers are for.

You can use private servers to go back into the garage area that no longer exists? Neat.

But, joking aside, the main point was having the garage area come back. 1v1 battles are just a bonus for the area.

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

You can use private servers to go back into the garage area that no longer exists? Neat.

But, joking aside, the main point was having the garage area come back. 1v1 battles are just a bonus for the area.

I don't see the point in having it just for the garage when we already have it for a map DESIGNED for duels.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I never said it was just for the garage. I merely gave out an idea. A customizable garage area one could also duel in. Or just invite a friend over, really. Nothing to do with a want for a "duel mode" because I don't really care about that. That said, there's no point in making the customizable garage a battle stage in and of itself, hence why I said it would allow 1 person. One person in a customizable garage setting seems the simplest to incorporate compared to, say, 12.

In short, I was giving an idea of the garage returning and possible ideas for it, not suggesting a duel mode.

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I never said it was just for the garage. I merely gave out an idea. A customizable garage area one could also duel in. Or just invite a friend over, really. Nothing to do with a want for a "duel mode" because I don't really care about that. That said, there's no point in making the customizable garage a battle stage in and of itself, hence why I said it would allow 1 person. One person in a customizable garage setting seems the simplest to incorporate compared to, say, 12.

In short, I was giving an idea of the garage returning and possible ideas for it, not suggesting a duel mode.

But for what purpose? We all have the same garage. What is the point of having 1 other person walking around your garage at a time doing nothing but looking at what they also have? How often is anybody going to do that? It's like inviting your friend to sit in an office waiting room with you.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I said customizable. As in you can change things in it beyond showing what mechs you own.

Also there have been games that have done similar things to what I suggested. But I was just throwing out an idea, man.

I mean, a garage you can call your own, with your own design (probably not close to Metal Gear Solid 5 levels, of course) that you can invite a friend over to mess around with. The dueling thing was just a way to add a practical use beyond just looking at stuff. Might also give more seasoned users something to do that already have what they want mech-wise.

Again, just throwing out an idea on bringing that garage back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duggestion, idea, old, map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users