- - - - - new maps maps map

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

So I mainly play co-op team deathmatch and the maps get stale sort of quickly. there aren't too many in the rotation. which, i think this game could use more maps in general, which of course, i'm sure everyone agrees.

I was thinking, it would be pretty cool if new maps could be created but in the same environments that already exist.

for example, there could be another "prosk" map but in a different section of the city. so the same buildings and environment models could be used except just rearranged to make new geometry. they could be named "prosk alpha" and "prosk beta", whatever.

bazaar could have it's buildings and hills rearranged to make a different map except "on the same planet" or whatever. call them "bazaar sector A" and "bazaar sector b".

just throwing it out there.

I don't suppose maps like bazaar, last echo, origin, etc. are going to be added to co-op TDM, idk.

But I do know creating completely new environments for maps could be time consuming so i'm just proposing an idea to utilize what's already in the game. new maps with a fraction of the work to create.

• claisolais, Bergwein, nepacaka and 3 others like this

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 30 posts
I second this idea, as well as from what I've dug up in my research there are maps that aren't in the game such as jackal and sentium to name some but yes more maps and for us siege players we would really like bazaar add to the siege line up please

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

I second this idea, as well as from what I've dug up in my research there are maps that aren't in the game such as jackal and sentium to name some but yes more maps and for us siege players we would really like bazaar add to the siege line up please

So you mean maps that are "in the game" but just aren't available for multiplayer? WTF. 

It seems like they've really been focusing on new mechs. Which is awesome, of course, but i think the variety of mechs is pretty strong now.

Game modes and maps is what needs attention, in my opinion. 

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 30 posts
pretty much, there are other mechs too alot of what's been coming out has been in the game, it's a bit of rabbit hole once start researching

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Hopefully we'll get the new map they accidently live streamed called "highways" I jus wish they would put prosk and bazaar in rotation for siege and MA
  • (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 30 posts
agreed, maps jackal and sentium would be nice too
  • (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

How are more people not backing this? 

Mind blown.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

was suggested alot of time (use already exist prosk / origin / uptown brushes to create a new maps). personally think it is very simple and good idea. +1

• Liederkranz and Badtings like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

How are more people not backing this? 

Mind blown.

PC players have all gotten tired of asking for things?

We all want new maps, but Reloaded can't micro-transact maps.

3 points I have made multiple times before:

New pilots benefit most from new mechs and will monetize. 

Long term pilots want new maps as we have all the mechs.

We need a new map to go with the relaunch to build hype and because it is overdue.

They can't even rent private servers at the moment which indirecly monetizes maps.

RLD needs to work through their update roadmap, and once we see some evidence that they are prepared to create maps, then we will get back in the suggestions area with ideas/diagrams and concept art, etc

Edited by 6ixxer, 07 May 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Have me sign a contract, pay me $0.01, and commission me (or someone, anyone, with some talent) and then hold a bake-off in LA for three new maps.  Sell a badge which grants access to the new maps on a new server region.

Likewise, do the same for a single-player campaign.  One bake-off for plot/storyboard, and another set to create 16 or so map/scene boards.

Let the winning creators be able to use materiel for their portfolio, but give up the commercial rights-to-use.

And for God's sake, recommission the guy who did Laila to do a few more.

Edit:  Yes, I know, we've been over this before.  Trotting it out for the PS4 guys.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 08 May 2017 - 04:44 AM.

• Liederkranz likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Pretty sure it's not as easy as it might seem unless you want to half ass it.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Pretty sure it's not as easy as it might seem unless you want to half ass it.

The thing about crowdfunding/sourcing is eventually, out of the vast pool that is Hawken fandom, you'll find someone with the drive and talent to pull it off.  Nepa,for example.

• Liederkranz likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Hopefully we'll get the new map they accidently live streamed called "highways" I jus wish they would put prosk and bazaar in rotation for siege and MA

I would note that Bazaar and Prosk were taken out of the SG and MA rotations for very good reasons. Both are highly conducive to either very stale camp-fests or one team getting bent over and spanked the whole game.

So you mean maps that are "in the game" but just aren't available for multiplayer?

Pretty much everything that RLD has released so far was stuff that the previous company, Adhesive Games, had left in various states of finish and deployment. Many of the mechs that are new for the console build sport chassis that have been in the game but unavailable since at least 2014.

All I want RLD as far as maps for now is to re-introduce fight club servers with test arena. They could texture and modify it to get acquainted with the whole map-building thing.

An interesting point does follow from the OP though: it would be fairly easy to add more modes to existing maps. Things like mayhem servers, fight clubs, or bunker siege could spice up the rotations with almost zero effort.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 08 May 2017 - 07:47 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

If there exists variations within a map (more specifically, geometry and route layout), how will the game client handle such variations? Will it be considered a new map at that point, or will it continue to load as the same map? Many pilots study the maps, and some will argue that it's the reason for their success in this game.

In order for this upcoming idea to work, it's going to require a "drop in" chaotic environment, in my opinion (e.g. Team Deathmatch: Chaos Mode, or TDM-C)... nonetheless:

Or more interestingly, how about making certain characteristic of maps—cover, walls, textures, space, routes, elevation points, lighting, and so on—RNG. In other words, the game client can and will interpret these characterics of that map and will uniquely generate a "seed" for those particular players at that point in time. No map will be alike.

But... this won't work for competitive scenes. These scenes require (and actually, demand) a level playing field - basically a predictable, good foundation to work with. Certain exemptions would have to exist for private servers, but the option would be there if server admins see fit.

Would be pretty interesting for all game modes - in particular, MA/Siege. Would be even better if Reloaded(?) brought back 16 man servers - not 18 or 24 though, you can leave those out.

But back on to the OP's suggestion: wouldn't hurt to add that in, but I doubt that'll be a feature, as it's just too much work for something arguably petty. At that point it would be better to just make another map from the ground up.

Edited by Draigun, 09 May 2017 - 12:59 AM.

TpsOr7F.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Or more interestingly, how about making certain characteristic of maps—cover, walls, textures, space, routes, elevation points, lighting, and so on—RNG. In other words, the game client can and will interpret these characterics of that map and will uniquely generate a "seed" for those particular players at that point in time. No map will be alike.

Isn't that how that 3rd person costume party game sorta works?
Warfame or something.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

warframe is myst meets every space RPG with genji be4 genji was genji, in space, with backstory, ridiculous "ninja" marketing, and ridiculous maps

pain in my ass for several months

did i mention ridiculously fast?

and its an mmo

with pretty shitty pvp, you'll be changing camera angles every 3 seconds, and while pve maps are randomly generated the pvp maps are well.....they designed their equivalent of "bunker" and its all on a rotation....same as here XD

but those pve maps are one of the most ridiculous aspects

Edited by ArchMech, 09 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Was never fond of Warframe... so I wouldn't know.

TpsOr7F.png

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

more environmental hazards plz

perhaps even yeti-like creatures that pop out occasionally?

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new maps, maps, map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users