• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Do you find that tapping the space bar brings you too high and wish to jump lower? Do you wish to type while you repair? Look no further!

Since English is my third language, I thank DerMax for correcting me on my use of "Consistent" (in the video), I meant "Continuous".

How to:

Go to HawkenInput.ini in (typically located at C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config) and insert these lines below [Engine.PlayerInput] (replace KEY with the key of your choice, watch out not to conflict with other commands using the same key) :

Bindings=(Name="KEY",Command="Jump")
Bindings=(Name="KEY",Command="StartHeal")
Bindings=(Name="KEY",Command="EndHeal")

If this does not work, you will need to add the lines ALSO below [HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput]

The command "Jump" is a very small hop that does not use any fuel and is used with other movement. Although it doesn't use fuel, it still shows you up on radar, similarly to dodges.

Use the jump with:
A-classes bunny hopping and dodge boost hopping for more control/efficiency.
With Air-180 jumps for less airtime.
Looking ridiculous.

The command "StartHeal" and "EndHeal" are both actually part of the C button repair function - pressing C gives the game the command "StartHeal" and releasing the C key gives the game the "EndHeal" command. Normally you can't type instructions to your teammates in pub games, even though while repairing it would be the best time to do that. This allows you to do just that, make one key start the repair and another one to stop it (or tap C quickly).

When you have the commands assigned to keys in your keyboard, it's easier for you to assign those keys into your gaming peripheral thumb buttons and whatnot.

Edited by (KDR) Kopra, 12 October 2015 - 01:20 AM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Lioot and 9 others like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Does the jumping improve the already present boosthop? Since it doesn't use fuel and the current jump does, does it have any sort of fuel saving benefit in that way?

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

On mobile, so my control of the video is crap so forgive me if its covered: how's this work with AC?

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Does the jumping improve the already present boosthop? Since it doesn't use fuel and the current jump does, does it have any sort of fuel saving benefit in that way?

It does, kind of. You will still be "initiating boosts" (= uses a burst of fuel) more often because your hops are shorter, but it could be more efficient and faster, but harder (since you will have to do more of the hops = more possible mistakes). I speculate that it's more efficient at least for the dodge->boostjump->dodge maneuver.

On mobile, so my control of the video is crap so forgive me if its covered: how's this work with AC?

AC works normally. You won't be jumping as high, so your air dodge distance will probably be shorter because you'll be hitting the ground before the end of the dodge, if you dodge almost immediately after a small jump.

Edited by (KDR) Kopra, 09 October 2015 - 07:26 AM.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Might make for some brutal skate hopping.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

giphy.gif

I like the color scheme in that vid  :nuke:

Edited by dorobo, 09 October 2015 - 06:42 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Aregon, Houruck and 6 others like this

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Awesome!

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

#newmeta

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Just in time for TPG playoffs. Typing while repairing will be nice, too.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

This may be me just being a killjoy, but am I the only person who really gets uncomfortable the second I get to know I can alter something in the game that you originally wasn`t supposed to? I mean the chat thing is alright, no problem on that one, but that jump thingy.. I mean it probably doesn`t change much at all really, but I am just sceptical by nature when it comes to things like so. 

• Kopra likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

This may be me just being a killjoy, but am I the only person who really gets uncomfortable the second I get to know I can alter something in the game that you originally wasn`t supposed to? I mean the chat thing is alright, no problem on that one, but that jump thingy.. I mean it probably doesn`t change much at all really, but I am just sceptical by nature when it comes to things like so.

Changing configs has been a staple since the history of fps gaming. If the devs don't like something, they can patch it out.
  • Houruck likes this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Changing configs has been a staple since the history of fps gaming. If the devs don't like something, they can patch it out.

Yeah I know that and it is as I said most likely nothing too major for many, but to deny I am sceptical is a lie. Of course I am sceptical by nature which may play a big role in my opinion and some other bollocks things probably helps making me unsure of it.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Knowledge70

Knowledge70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Back when I played with a 360 controller, the button over the left trigger (forgot what it's called) would have me jump without hovering. It was back before Ascension and I can't remember what I did to fix it. 

That is all.

I'm optimistic.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

With an infil you can make it all the way across the front line bridge buy jump/dashing and still have about 25% fuel left.

With that said the I think jump skating is slower. Jump floats a lot less then the normal hover so you will hit the ground and lose momentum before the dodge comes back up.

Unrelated: apparently air dodges are free off jump pads, at least in explore mode.

EDIT: I was able to use traditional skate hopping to cross the FL bridge and ended up with the same amount of fuel as jump skating. Needs more testing.

EDIT2: can you imagine if we had done this when you could cancel weapon raise delay? Holy fuzzy bunny.

Edited by Hyginos, 09 October 2015 - 08:22 PM.

• Guns_N_Rozer and Kopra like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

giphy.gif

I like the color scheme in that vid  :nuke:

This guy literally hacks two printers by lifting the lid on the scanner and touching the glass

• dorobo likes this

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Ok, now we need rocket and grenade jump. :P

Edited by kvazarsky, 10 October 2015 - 03:50 PM.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

With an infil you can make it all the way across the front line bridge buy jump/dashing and still have about 25% fuel left.

With that said the I think jump skating is slower. Jump floats a lot less then the normal hover so you will hit the ground and lose momentum before the dodge comes back up.

Unrelated: apparently air dodges are free off jump pads, at least in explore mode.

EDIT: I was able to use traditional skate hopping to cross the FL bridge and ended up with the same amount of fuel as jump skating. Needs more testing.

EDIT2: can you imagine if we had done this when you could cancel weapon raise delay? Holy fuzzy bunny.

I will also do some experiments later. I think how purely you execute the 'skate jumping" has a big effect on its efficiency. I might try a macro approach so I can just focus on the mouse movement and see how they compare.

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Ok, now we need rocket and grenade jump. :P

+1. Exactly my thoughts.

• MomOw likes this

Festivals end, as festivals must

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Tried this for jump,startheal,endheal with G,I,O, respectively. Not sure if I copypasta'd your commands wrong or if I have to sacrifice a virgin, still can't get it to work.

Has anyone else had luck with particular keys or experiencing a similar problem?

EDIT:

I had to add a duplicate under [HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput] as well as [Engine.PlayerInput].

I got it to bind to  B by ctrl+f "B" and nuking every line that had it bound first, then putting Bindings=(Name="B",Command="Jump") under both headings I mentioned.

Thanks heeeegs!

Edited by eth0, 11 October 2015 - 05:58 PM.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Tried this for jump,startheal,endheal with G,I,O, respectively. Not sure if I copypasta'd your commands wrong or if I have to sacrifice a virgin, still can't get it to work.

Has anyone else had luck with particular keys or experiencing a similar problem?

I had to add a duplicate under [HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput] as well as [Engine.PlayerInput].

I got it to bind to  B by ctrl+f "B" and nuking every line that had it bound first, then putting Bindings=(Name="B",Command="Jump") under both headings I mentioned.

• eth0 and Kopra like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Actually also I had to do this originally, but then later tried with a fresh hawkeninput.ini and it worked with just the lines below [engine.playerinput]. I had tried with [hawkengame.r_playerinput] first and thought it was then useless.
I will add this to the op.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

This guy literally hacks two printers by lifting the lid on the scanner and touching the glass

oh and he also manages to hack the statue of liberty

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
I now tried with the Front Line bridge. (about 675 meters long)

(Estimated error margins 150 ms)

Normal bunnyhopping 19,65 seconds (had to use explosives with FC to get from end to end)
Smallbunnyhopping 19,16 seconds (also had to use FC here)

Normal Skating 18,67 seconds
Smallhop skating 17,64 seconds

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I now tried with the Front Line bridge. (about 675 meters long)

(Estimated error margins 150 ms)

Normal bunnyhopping 19,65 seconds (had to use explosives with FC to get from end to end)
Smallbunnyhopping 19,16 seconds (also had to use FC here)

Normal Skating 18,67 seconds
Smallhop skating 17,64 seconds

Manually or with a macro?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Manually or with a macro?

Manually.

I also tried to do the skate jumping with a macro but the difference between times was quite nonexistent. (17,64s manual vs 17,45s macro).

You can incorporate turn commands with 

Bindings=(Name="KEY",Command="Axis aBaseX  Speed=+325.0 AbsoluteAxis=100 | PressRight")

Bindings=(Name="KEY",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-325.0 AbsoluteAxis=100 | PressLeft")

^ Put those under the [Engine.PlayerInput] and [HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput] to make your mech turn at max speed with a keyboard input (I think a fine tuned value instead of 325 might yield faster turn rates considering the "sweet spot" speed).

The macro as seen in SteelSeries Engine:

LrjGKzL.png

Where I had p for "jump", g for "turn left" and i for "turn right" commands.

Edited by (KDR) Kopra, 12 October 2015 - 09:07 AM.

• eth0 likes this

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

#newmeta

Could be. I could easily script this into a more fuel efficient jump+hover.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

more like exploit, no meta

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members