Photo

Five things that hold this game back, and don't allow it to take off toward success.

- - - - - Revive Hawken Community p2w Grinding Solutions Lack of players Clarity Design Personalization Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

OrbitLike

OrbitLike

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First of all, these five ideas are really, really personal. Personal opinions. It's very important, as even i realise that i can't be 100% right and opinions are opinions, nothing more and nothing less. Also, this is the first time i show up in this game again after LOOOOOOONG time. Straight to important things, the following points are the reasons why i think this game will never manage to be alive once again, unless solution is found. Those are not random, but in order.

1) The matchmaking restrictions.
Still this problem is plaguing this game. I struggle so hard to find games, because the game itself doesn't allow me to play as i am in a different level than players in that game. Given how small this community is (500~ players, more or less) i doubt that such limitations should be there. This should be active only when the community will be bigger. Personally, i don't care if in said server i'll get my ass crushed: I just want to play.

2) Lack of satisfactory grinding.
Grinding is probably one of the reasons why f2p games are played. Play few games, unlock that sweet ass item you always wanted. I feel like Hakwen has so much potential on this aspect and it's left there, not used at all. Perhaps, i expect too much from a mecha game, but given the lack of TRUE personalization on our mechs, players will NEVER sit down there and play just for the joy of unlocking those sweet ass legs for their favourite mech. Given how easy it is to unlock mechs, i really don't feel the need to play a lot. There is total lack of that "My mechs are growing" feeling. All i can get is internal parts that i can't see, and change the gameplay just slightly. I feel no impact at all.

3) The "p2w" blaming.
I've tried once while in a game to say "p2w" in chat after a player killed me; Of course, the reaction is what i expected. "noob cry", and other things that follow that line. While i do not believe that this game is p2w, the community feels so attacked on the personal level when someone says that. This is the wrong approach and will make players feel more like this game is p2w, while it's quite the wrong call. This game is guilty of only one thing: Not even trying to defend itself.

4) The in-game menu isn't welcoming at all.
I really feel like the menu itself needs a new whole design. It feels really mediocre and messy, with things shoved at your face right and left. At least for me, it really feels unwelcoming, and straight out makes me want to close everything and play something else. This game truly needs a new and more appropriated menu, with less mess and more clarity. League of Legends' menu is the perfect example: When you open it, you have everything you want to see in front of your eyes, without overloading you with informations and little details you truly don't care about.

5) Items and mechs managing feels really amateur and rushed.
This is probably connected to the "The in-game menu isn't welcoming at all", but i still like to see it as a different thing: While the way things are displayed at you even in the true menu feels disappointing and quite the mood-killer, even the way things are managed feel rather disappointing to me. When i open the menu, i really don't feel like opening the garage and managing things around (Perhaps, there are no reasons on why i should do that); If this game had a different system (Maybe, Armored Core styled personalization) People would be way more happy to play just to build that mech they always imagined.

Good. I think i managed to pull up 5 points on why i think this game doesn't make it a game that can be competitive with other f2p games. Pulling up blames without actually suggesting solutions is quite the rude behavior, so here is how to fix those problems and bring this game to the next level:

1) Disable all and any form of restriction this game has on matchmaking, since the community is too small and seeing only few servers, and 50% of them can't be played because i play on a lower\higher level than those players, kills the mood. I want to play, i don't care about anything else. Apply those limits when you will have a bigger community.

2) Change the whole system: Give more reasons to players to make them sit here, and play all day long this rather fun game. Just thinking that while playing this game, you unlock parts to build up your dream-mech will make people stick around and enjoy it even more.

3) This is community related. There is no solution, beside the change of Community's mentality.

4) Make the menu more clear and welcoming. Perhaps, look at League of Legend or even the new Battlefront menu. Clear, simple and powerful.

5) Make mech\items management more clear. Clearly attached to the previous as solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Revive Hawken, Community, p2w, Grinding, Solutions, Lack of players, Clarity, Design, Personalization, Gameplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users