Photo

360 NOSOPE SABOT DEATHMATCH EVENT--PRIZES INCLUDE: 6 $50 COMPED SAN DIEGO ZOO TICKETS, 4+ HAWKEN COINS, MERCH, AND 850K+ HC

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
To everyone bitching and whining about losing MMR, I'd like to point out that tickle lost about 400 MMR playing and practicing for the B-Team last season.

So clearly the appropriate and most efficient thing to do here is hold another TPG season in the space of 10 days and have you all play on the B-Team.
  • coldform, Aregon, MomOw and 3 others like this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Kirk and I would be delighted to spectate and commentate this most glorious event. We're probably going to do it drunk though, because I haven't Hawkened with my Kirksiepoo in a while and we need to make up for lost time. He's been f*cking off raising his first child or whatever. What a nerd.

Also, Kirk doesn't know he'll be doing this with me. Don't worry, I have my charms. He'll be there.

Edit: okay if Kirk doesn't show up I'll make my fiancee do it

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 21 December 2015 - 08:39 AM.

• coldform, JeffMagnum, eth0 and 4 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

To everyone bitching and whining about losing MMR, I'd like to point out that tickle lost about 400 MMR playing and practicing for the B-Team last season.

So clearly the appropriate and most efficient thing to do here is hold another TPG season in the space of 10 days and have you all play on the B-Team.

or invite some noobs in the bots-tdm servers to training, target (you) practice, while boosting their MMR, much bigger HC/XP. jump into a DM server and let them rip you up for a few rounds. rinse, repeat until mission accomplished. voila!

:yes:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
I qualify with, uh....43 accts.

(Not really)

I can spring for a coin or a hoodie. Pm me, jeff

Edited by Lunatic, 21 December 2015 - 09:00 AM.

• JeffMagnum likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
Okay so I'm gonna add inci since I owe him from a while ago and also everyone under 2k MMR when I get home; Luna can enter too since he's donating a prize. Anyone who pitches in a coin or other Hawken merch or MC to the pool can play. At this point I'm considering holding multiple DMs to allow everyone to participate, but ultimately my intention is to distribute as much stuff as I can to players who normally wouldn't win events for late holiday presents so you aren't guaranteed a spot unless you get your MMR below 2000 like I said earlier or donate.

Edited by JeffMagnum, 21 December 2015 - 10:15 AM.

• PoopSlinger and eth0 like this

d1eZeG3.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Okay so I'm gonna add inci since I owe him from a while ago and also everyone under 2k MMR when I get home; Luna can enter too since he's donating a prize. Anyone who donates a coin or other Hawken merch or MC to the pool can play. At this point I'm considering holding multiple DMs to allow everyone to participate, but ultimately my intention is to distribute as much stuff as I can to new players for late holiday presents so you aren't guaranteed a spot unless you get your MMR below 2000 like I said earlier or donate.

I'm really not too bothered either way, but I see a participant list that's only 6 players long and applicants being turned away. If you want to get a bunch of sub 2k players in here you need a better way to advertise.

Also, It seems silly to allow someone in who has intentionally tanked their MMR. I could probably drop 500 mmr in an afternoon, but 700+ hours into the game wouldn't just magically vanish. A 360 noscope-off seems like it would level the skill a bit as well.

With that said, if you really want to make sure you distribute it nicely, you should just raffle based on who shows up rather than requiring victory.

EDIT: I would happily exclude myself from the prize list to enter. I just want to participate in some super MLG n0sc0pe shenanigans. 

Edited by Hyginos, 21 December 2015 - 10:25 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

This sounds like a way too bad idea to raise so much disscusion about. What are guys? Like, bored?

Oh...

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
New addition: everyone can play some if they abide by the rules but I still am giving the coins to people below 2K MMR unless I get way more donations than I expect. Let me see how many people are interested and then I'll iron out how it'll work.

Edited by JeffMagnum, 21 December 2015 - 10:44 AM.

• eth0 and CoshCaust like this

d1eZeG3.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Edit: okay if Kirk doesn't show up I'll make my fiancee do it

So... Kirk?
  • crockrocket, CoshCaust, ticklemyiguana and 2 others like this

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
To the people who offered up gifts in any capacity: I very much appreciate your contributions, but I got sick and I'm currently extremely sleep-deprived so I'll respond appropriately with relevant info when I wake up. Thank you to everyone who intends on donating. Stay tuned, this should be pretty entertaining. The Hawken community is great but I am beyond exhausted and can't string together cohesive messages right now. Expect a major update probably within 24 hours but definitely within two days.

I am fairly overwhelmed with the support I have gotten but we'll likely have a variety of prizes and I intend on distributing them as fairly as I can

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 21 December 2015 - 09:06 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 21 December 2015 - 08:58 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Are prizes HC (didn't really get it)? I can donate 150k HC.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
I don't think there's a way to donate HC afaik

d1eZeG3.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

7. ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE UPDATE: 1M+ HC; another coin and possibly Hawken merch, courtesy of Luna; and the main surprise, 4-6 comped tickets to the San Diego Zoo, worth $50 each (courtesy of WmMoneyFrmMissori--thank you man); and whatever else people give until the tournament starts are now prizes. I'm going to hold a raffle--now everyone is eligible and they can exchange their gifts in any way they please. My YouTube videos are also being monetized and I'm going to donate a good portion of what I make from that to buying other items people suggest in this thread to the pool. I'm getting in touch with Badtings to see if he can do any graphic design work for advertisements to pass out, and I can compensate him for his work with money I make. If other people want to contribute using their skillsets, I can pay them for that with what I collect as well.

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 24 December 2015 - 12:20 AM.

• coldform, crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer and 4 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

awesomeness

i fckn luv all you milges and scubs

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Is this gonna be after new years? I'm at my parents place until then and their internet is fuzzy bunny. If I have to I'll high ping no scope but I'd rather not

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Yes, it'll be after that. We can work out when is best to reach the maximum number of people.

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 24 December 2015 - 01:34 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I messaged LadyTiggs to see what she can do regarding donating almost all my spare HC which is around 500K, and it'd be nice if I got a prominent in-game tile from Reloaded too. And should I wait to hold the event until the game gets well-tested content and balance patches so new players will be exposed to a more polished version of Hawken? Anyone can monetize their videos or streams as long as they agree to donate a predetermined percentage of what they make to this and their content is relatively appropriate; I'll review applicants for the ads I'll crowdsource from community members to decide these things.

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 24 December 2015 - 08:01 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

If anyone wants to be generous and help me purchase things for this, donate here. I'll buy merch, MC, and other suggestions in this thread to encourage interest in this event along with future ones and compensate people who contribute their talents or prizes with the vast majority of what I raise and use the rest for streaming and recording equipment and a connection that isn't ridiculously slow DSL. This is probably easier than everyone PMing me unless you have a physical prize on hand already. 

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 24 December 2015 - 04:28 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Another 200K HC has been donated by someone

d1eZeG3.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Jeff, you have a one-time option?  It wants me to pay you a salary...

You should call me Luna.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Wait, so are people actually able to donate HC now?

JgQjgkx.png

some_person_

some_person_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So is it too late to enter this, or are signups still going on?   I didn't see the original post until the 21st when it seemed like signups were closed.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
The zoo tickets will be in-hand within a couple weeks and I'm also going to donate 100x $5 MC codes from markee to a free raffle for players under 1800 MMR. Rebranding this event and my profile is coming soon as well after I consult with connections. If you want to make a one-time payment instead of committing to something longer-term then send me a pm and I'll tell you my PayPal, but so far I'm getting $55 monthly from people starting sometime within the next week or so

Edited by Brumbpo Tungus, 24 December 2015 - 07:54 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Zoo tickets by end of next week latest - WmMoney is no hoser!

wmmoney.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

The zoo tickets will be in-hand within a couple weeks and I'm also going to donate 100x $5 MC codes from markee to a free raffle for players under 1800 MMR. Rebranding this event and my profile is coming soon as well after I consult with connections. If you want to make a one-time payment instead of committing to something longer-term then send me a pm and I'll tell you my PayPal, but so far I'm getting $55 monthly from people starting sometime within the next week or so

Damn son, you're getting fuzzy bunny done. You might just be the man for the fuzzing job

Also marked doing something for hawken? Maybe I got that whole thing wrong

JgQjgkx.png

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

How long does a single 360 spin prime a shot for?  Do I have to fire immediately after spinning for the shot to count?  Should probably make a rule for this so faggoty min-maxers like me can't gain an advantage for thinking all superior-like to fuzzy bunny-tier plebs like Tickle

Edited by Xacius, 25 December 2015 - 03:55 PM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

How long does a single 360 spin prime a shot for?  Do I have to fire immediately after spinning for the shot to count?  Should probably make a rule for this so faggoty min-maxers like me can't gain an advantage for thinking all superior-like to fuzzy bunny-tier plebs like Tickle

Xac... you're better than this.  Pls?

You should call me Luna.

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Xac... you're better than this.  Pls?

I'm really not, actually.  

You sure we're talking about the same person?  

dlg597

dlg597

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm in. When is it happening?

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
if you are running sabot mechs w/out air 180 you're just phoning in your 420 bro scopes

Source: I'm CraftyDus
  • PoopSlinger, coldform and crockrocket like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

This is actually a good question. Ideally the shot should be made the very instant you're done with your spin. Most of the time a correction would have to be made as predicting where your opponent is after the time it takes to spin (~0.6s plus lag) is really hard even when you take into account the huge spread of the Sabot. Past 20 meters (against a B-class) as long as you can fit the mech hitbox inside the spread pattern (around 7 and -7 degrees from the center, both pitch and yaw) it's irrelevant how well you aim as it's almost classic probability from there.

The max turn rate is (at least with keyboard input) ~180 degrees per second so you can make an 18 degree correction each 100 milliseconds. So in 100 milliseconds you can make a correction that makes you hit guaranteed, from a position where you would just miss guaranteed, with a 4 degree margin (18-14). Reaction time should not be a significant issue as with 110 horizontal FoV you would be seeing your target for the ~100ms (if the enemy ends up right in front of your view after the spin) the average 1337 person needs to be able to react at least according to the amount of 100ms entries on websites. Okay, most people's reaction times are not 100ms. The 200ms reaction time can be circumvented by being a mastermind, by reading the radar and already knowing your opponent's position. So is 100 ms enough? For some, it might be.

But, in the spirit of the tournament and for the convenience of the competitors and judges alike, this shot primed time should be tripled to 300 ms (which is about the equivalent of the duration one turns while using the 180-spin) which gives a relatively safe margin of error, taking things like lag of the competitors into account. With an intuitive rhytmic qualification, it's easy to monitor: Spin, spin, shoot! Which should take just under 1 second if executed in pure form.

Edited by (KDR) Kopra, 27 December 2015 - 07:09 AM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Amidatelion and 3 others like this

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

This is actually a good question. Ideally the shot should be made the very instant you're done with your spin. Most of the time a correction would have to be made as predicting where your opponent is after the time it takes to spin (~0.6s plus lag) is really hard even when you take into account the huge spread of the Sabot. Past 20 meters (against a B-class) as long as you can fit the mech hitbox inside the spread pattern (around 7 and -7 degrees from the center, both pitch and yaw) it's irrelevant how well you aim as it's almost classic probability from there.

The max turn rate is (at least with keyboard input) ~180 degrees per second so you can make an 18 degree correction each 100 milliseconds. So in 100 milliseconds you can make a correction that makes you hit guaranteed, from a position where you would just miss guaranteed, with a 4 degree margin (18-14). Reaction time should not be a significant issue as with 110 horizontal FoV you would be seeing your target for the ~100ms (if the enemy ends up right in front of your view after the spin) the average 1337 person needs to be able to react at least according to the amount of 100ms entries on websites. Okay, most people's reaction times are not 100ms. The 200ms reaction time can be circumvented by being a mastermind, by reading the radar and already knowing your opponent's position. So is 100 ms enough? For some, it might be.

But, in the spirit of the tournament and for the convenience of the competitors and judges alike, this shot primed time should be tripled to 300 ms (which is about the equivalent of the duration one turns while using the 180-spin) which gives a relatively safe margin of error, taking things like lag of the competitors into account. With an intuitive rhytmic qualification, it's easy to monitor: Spin, spin, shoot! Which should take just under 1 second if executed in pure form.

I'm hard.

• Amidatelion and LaurenEmily like this

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

btw I'm not dead or anything since I dropped off the face off the earth for like a week; I was just in the hospital and didn't have my phone. fuzzy bunny's all good now though and this is still on. 

• Amidatelion likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I was wondering.... 

You should call me Luna.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

gnbxhYM.jpg

These finally arrived today after an extended wait due to USPS being slow around the holidays. I haven't heard back in a week regarding the coins, so I think I'm just going to bother Reloaded directly via support ticket until I get them or can arrange their future distribution. Also, yes/no on holding this after the game (hopefully) starts to get content updates? I'm leaning toward yes since that'd give new players a better first impression and also because it gives me time to hash out how the other prizes are going to be handled. 

• coldform likes this

d1eZeG3.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I would say wait for a patch. Knowing our luck, they'll release it the day of the tournament.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I would say wait for a patch. Knowing our luck, they'll release it the day of the tournament.

Logic is backwards. Schedule the tournament for tomorrow so they release the patch.  :tongue:

• coldform and _incitatus like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Logic is backwards. Schedule the tournament for tomorrow so they release the patch.  :tongue:

MATCH WAS YESTERDAY LOL

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

It really did already happen?

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com