• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

w00zla

w00zla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys,

at first I'd like to say that I instantly fell in love with this game despite of not even being lvl 30 with only 30 play hours.

But I see a lot of potential, the basic gameplay is a lot of fun and the community is quite nice :)

So a BIG THANKS to the devs here!!

But now for the "issue" I have with the UI of the game, or better said the radar:

I find it quite essential in modern teamplay-based FPS games to be able to distinguish the members of the party I play with from other players at first glance!

In Hawken, I did not find any special indication or anything that highlights a party member in-game (despite of scoreboard of course).

It would be great to have a highlighting for other party players on the radar and HUD, simply a unique color for symbols and names of them would already be perfect ;) 

Of course I can just look out for the right player by name, but its often hard to exactly locate players only by HUD information (radar is totally useless here), especially in situations with a lot of action and fast movement :D For me, that fact really kills the benefit of playing in a party and trying tactics with them... especially since the other party features like grouped server join (and leave!!) are not implemented very good or not at all, but thats another topic I think.

And I wondered a bit that I didnt find any other post regarding this topic .... is this already planned and I missed that, or are the other players just satisfied with the party related features of the game?

Any feedback would be nice =)

Edited by w00zla, 14 February 2016 - 08:39 PM.

• SaintR likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Was going to make a long response about teamplay and tpg and other nonsense but I'll let another drone do it. Welcome to Hawken. Enjoy your stay:)

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

would be nice or maybe brighter img on radar and txt?

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
i wan command like counter strike

1. follow be
2. fire in the hole
3. enemy spotted
4. stay here
5. press foward
6. run!!

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

add dots

Edited by The_Silencer, 15 February 2016 - 10:16 AM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

don't expect it to get changed...

it took alot of begging from my part to get these colors in....   even i still remember the posts i made about getting colors and things...

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Again, by just adding a little dot to whatever is being render on radar for your team mates within your party would suffice...

In case i did not explain myself well enough..

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Yeah, just put the yellow asterisk * next to player names, I think that should be fine. Adding another color might be a bit much.

• The_Silencer likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Actually. "No, I don't want to see this."

The party system is already one of the biggest culprits in ruining balance in Hawken.  I haven't seen anyone disagree in a long, long time that the team balancer must be able to break parties up on to different teams (unless balance works perfectly with them on the same). 

And, for those who would seek to even further abuse the party system in situations like Deathmatch (where a party agrees not to kill each other and team up to hunt everyone else), this would be a tool that would further enable unsporting and abusive behavior.

EVERYONE on your team is on your team.  And you should be playing fairly with all of them.  If you are showing preference to your party members, abusing parties to keep teams lopsided or using them to cheat in Deathmatch, GTFO.

WHAT I WOULD SUPPORT, is a way for everyone to see who is in a party with who by grouping them/color coding them on the menu.  No more secret parties.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 16 February 2016 - 09:12 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Yeah, just put the yellow asterisk * next to player names, I think that should be fine. Adding another color might be a bit much.

Yep, I also suggested that in the past. Simple, easy and working very well. I think that -Tj- is not saying that enemies should see the asterisk of any team mates of yours on their miniradar. Also, I find this possibility not to be a terrible idea. That way your opponents (making the asterisks visible to everyone -ergo 2 colors needed to render asterisks on radar here-) would be aware on that they0re fighting vs. a probably tougher enemy team.

• -Tj- likes this

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Exactly, it shouldn't be something everyone sees, just those in the party. I'm also not saying that the party system is good... it's broken as fuzzy bunny right now. And DM alliances can already happen without being able to see who's in on a party... just add Teamspeak or Skype or something and you're good to go.

I do see how parties can be beneficial to the game, if they could fix the balancing issues. It's been particularly handy in the past to help players of much lower skill than myself play the game and enjoy it. It should be fixed. But I also do believe that having something that can quickly identify your party members on-screen is a good thing. Maybe you can just remove them in DM.

• The_Silencer and SaintR like this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Exactly, it shouldn't be something everyone sees, just those in the party. I'm also not saying that the party system is good... it's broken as fuzzy bunny right now. And DM alliances can already happen without being able to see who's in on a party... just add Teamspeak or Skype or something and you're good to go.

I do see how parties can be beneficial to the game, if they could fix the balancing issues. It's been particularly handy in the past to help players of much lower skill than myself play the game and enjoy it. It should be fixed. But I also do believe that having something that can quickly identify your party members on-screen is a good thing. Maybe you can just remove them in DM.

+1

Yep, would be fair to make visible all party dots rendered on radar to every player in the match. Even benefitial or positive.

P.S. DM anyone? ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: radar, party, UI, HUD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users