• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Ok everybody. Because we are a community, and we only want to help hawken, hows about it we all brainstorm ideas on the second generation of mechs, we already have the G2 Assault and G2 Raider to use as general examples of how broad these ideas can be, so feel free to have fun and come up with some ideas! (and who knows, there is always the chance your idea may become a real G2 mech eventually)

because Sigil_ is awesome feel free to use the G2 icons from this thread as well as some of the other stuff from this thread

For the greater good, lets be the brain of the devs and do some of the future work for them. Everyone knows its much easier to take other people's ideas rather than make your own!

And now for a shameless plug

Jack Vandal's G2 Bruiser concept!

Edited by Americanbrit14 the moderately bad., 01 March 2016 - 09:03 PM.

• JackVandal and DemitronPrime like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Off the top of my head (literally within 30 seconds):

G2 Infiltrator:
Fast-ish, low HP C-class, with a BIG fuel tank, BIG radar, ability similar to infil's cloak, and armed ONLY with G2 version of heat cannon or AM-SAR, + nades.

Is it strictly better than reg Infiltrator?
I don't fuzzy bunnyng care!!!!
1e5b20565546e8b44a345b03d34d5e7a.gif

(In the case of Heat Cannon, retire heat gren fatfiltrator and give it EOC instead?)
(A C-Class with a cloak ability might be an ineffective cloak.......... Don't even care....)
(Is the Predator pretty much already the G2 Infiltrator?... Yes... Don't even care...)

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 01 March 2016 - 02:55 PM.

• lo_spaghetto, Luaq and WmMoneyFrmMissouri like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

G2 Scout:

Medium-speed, low-ish HP C-class, with O.K. or small-ish fuel tank and BIGGEST radar in the game.
Armed with AM-SAR + TOW. (Maybe mini-flak or re-flak instead)
*Ability does something along the lines of any of the various proposed improvements for scanner.

*Get rid of scanner.

(OK.)

(Mostly, I just want to see a mech with AM-SAR with a secondary that's not a Sabot and a middle-click that's not scoping.)

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 01 March 2016 - 03:04 PM.

2XhpJes.png

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

https://community.pl...-g2/?hl=bruiser

plug my own thread, plus had a decent(i think) idea for G2 tech, should such a thing be desired.

"Hmmm, off the bat idea, C class, ability that gives slow (armor fuser speed?) AoE regen to teammates in range when activated. (and maybe slows internal based regen in enemy mechs, this AoE would have to smaller though) does not stack with others of itself.

The mech would have to be fairly slow, so probably gren movement-speed, with relatively weak damage output so as not to be a sitting duck, but not unstoppable. Perhaps the Redox could stay with a slight damage buff? Secondary is Helix RNA, any ally mech attached to when taking damage siphons off the G2 techs health instead, pilot can be killed by this. alternate mode applies an acidic cavorite mist that applies a slight damage over time debuff to opponents."

• DemitronPrime likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i want the mobile assault station aka Leviathan from UT2004 +

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

iirc g2 brawler has an aoe healing ability akin to the incinerator butt stomp. Eyes_Only knows I think

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I want new mechs with new guns and mechanics.. Not sure i would be mighty happy if devs finally would drop bunch of reused stuff.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

https://community.pl...-g2/?hl=bruiser

plug my own thread, plus had a decent(i think) idea for G2 tech, should such a thing be desired.

"Hmmm, off the bat idea, C class, ability that gives slow (armor fuser speed?) AoE regen to teammates in range when activated. (and maybe slows internal based regen in enemy mechs, this AoE would have to smaller though) does not stack with others of itself.

The mech would have to be fairly slow, so probably gren movement-speed, with relatively weak damage output so as not to be a sitting duck, but not unstoppable. Perhaps the Redox could stay with a slight damage buff? Secondary is Helix RNA, any ally mech attached to when taking damage siphons off the G2 techs health instead, pilot can be killed by this. alternate mode applies an acidic cavorite mist that applies a slight damage over time debuff to opponents."

g2 tech... *salivating*

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

The specification for G2 mechs should be :

Hard to master, put emphasis on G1 meta, competitive but not OP.

(note that with that definition a PPA incin' is a G2 salt in terms of infinite DPS, sustain and cheese).

I'd rather have modififcation of some G1 abilities before having G2 mechs, so that G2 would me more meaningful (turret modes that are pretty useless, Bruiser ability not really practical, reaper ability not really useful, slight modification of infil/pred ability to remove sight detection and allow them to be almost invisible while not moving).

BTW I'd like to have a B-class inflitrator with a heat canon and a GL

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

G2 vangaurd: literally a bruiser (but gimp the air speed and give it a bit more armor) with miniflak and a GL.

G2 rocketeer: double seeker. Ability flashes a neon sign that says "I am nub"

G2 infiltrator: A class, heat + GL. Ability is an omni-directional dodge (including up) that costs some fuel, goes further than a normal dodge, and does not show up on radar. Could also be a G2 scout.

G2 scout: Flak-tow b class with a radar pulse ability. Actually don't do that. It would be super broken.

G2 pred: double breacher-xt. The xt version will do a bit less damage and have adjusted charge times. 

G2 gren: rev-gl? TWOOOOO REV-GL!

BTW I'd like to have a B-class inflitrator with a heat canon and a GL

Pusher pls.

Edited by Hyginos, 02 March 2016 - 06:49 AM.

• CraftyDus and DeeRax like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

G2 Reaper:   C-Class fatfuzzy bunny with 3   amsars!  They all have even less accuracy.  The ability makes their accuracy perfect, but they all fire continuously until the mech overheats.

• MomOw, Luaq, ReversusRex and 1 other like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

G2 Reaper:   C-Class fatfuzzy bunny with 3   amsars!

So...
Uh.

Where's that 3rd one going to be?

• Luaq likes this

2XhpJes.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

So...
Uh.

Where's that 3rd one going to be?

Mounted on the joint between the upper legs and the chassis.

• crockrocket, americanbrit14, Luaq and 2 others like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

iirc g2 brawler has an aoe healing ability akin to the incinerator butt stomp. Eyes_Only knows I think

i have/had footage of this, recorded with an iphone 4s so its crap, but seeable

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

G2 berserker, C-Class, 600% airspeed, 1000L fuel tank, Ability: the "wings" turn into actual wings, and it becomes a Jet with infinite fuel for 5 mins and a PPA on the nose and rapid fire hellfires under the wings (A-10 warthog as inspiration), give it a bit slower than brawler walk speed to compensate so its definatley not OP

• Luaq likes this

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

G2 vanguard, 50 percent slower. Out of turret mode.

Turret mode, -100% damage from front, double damage from rear, instead of being able to boost in turret mode, can dodge. Orbs do not heal hp for this mech, instead let mech "dump" heat. 

Sink or swim little fish. 

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Sure, why not.

Spoiler

Edited by Amidatelion, 02 March 2016 - 04:40 PM.

• Hyginos, MomOw, Luaq and 2 others like this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Bruiser ability not really practical,

My idea for the G2 ability is give the B class, C class movement stats, with a 60% damage reduction for several seconds. personally give it a hawkins and a functioning hellfires(more burst, or any sort of competent balance) 

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Sure, why not.

Spoiler

This seem surprisingly balanced

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Sure, why not.

Special Ability: Micro-Missile Massacre

Noice

mmmassacreresize.jpg

• Luaq likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

This seem surprisingly balanced

Except that if you lock one target and fire right away you're talking about a 512.5 damage volley. You would have to design the lock and flight mechanics very carefully to prevent this thing from easily landing high-percentage salvos.

• Luaq likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Except that if you lock one target and fire right away you're talking about a 512.5 damage volley. You would have to design the lock and flight mechanics very carefully to prevent this thing from easily landing high-percentage salvos.

Maybe a cap of the amount of rockets that can be fired at a single target?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

That's part of it. To manage that, you have to keep your targeting solution on one mech and one mech only. Given hellfire (roughly the speed and maneuverability im thinking of here) dodge rates, it is unlikely that the whole barrage would land and it would rarely do so all at once. Hellfires stagger 8 missile hits over roughly half a second. By the time the last missile hits, the target can be standing over an orb, having tanked the first few. Unlike hellfires, the ability can only be fired once every two minutes base, so an average user will want to spread the barrage out over 6 mechs and aim for replenisher assists, reducing the cooldown to possibly under a minute. That, plus the abundance of cover on most map, the existence of deflectors and the fragility of the mech balance it.

The barrage was designed with the idea that it should be either (relatively) frequently used or annihilate anything short of a Raider if the pilot manages to 1) maintain single lock 2) set up absolutely ideal lines of sight and 3) punish a target unable to dodge. The pilot is also offensively helpless for 10 seconds immediately thereafter, taking uncancellable firing and overheating times into account. While damage can of course be tweaked, I don't think this iteration of Worst Aimbot is particularly broken, outside of breaking Reloaded's "No One-shots" design guideline.

Look, I just want Momow's pic in game. That and a C-class twerk taunt are pretty much all I ask.
  • Luaq, JackVandal and DeeRax like this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Reloaded's "No One-shots" design guideline.

#NerfPredator

Spoiler

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

My take on G2 Scout:

Flack, TOW

Faster than Scout

More fuel than Scout

Faster fuel regeneration than Scout

Much less health than Scout

Much less radar range than Scout

Ability temporarily increases speed

But really what I want is a Scout with KLA.

• dorobo and Luaq like this

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

infiltrator needs a laser designator

That's part of it. To manage that, you have to keep your targeting solution on one mech and one mech only. Given hellfire (roughly the speed and maneuverability im thinking of here) dodge rates, it is unlikely that the whole barrage would land and it would rarely do so all at once. Hellfires stagger 8 missile hits over roughly half a second. By the time the last missile hits, the target can be standing over an orb, having tanked the first few. Unlike hellfires, the ability can only be fired once every two minutes base, so an average user will want to spread the barrage out over 6 mechs and aim for replenisher assists, reducing the cooldown to possibly under a minute. That, plus the abundance of cover on most map, the existence of deflectors and the fragility of the mech balance it.

The barrage was designed with the idea that it should be either (relatively) frequently used or annihilate anything short of a Raider if the pilot manages to 1) maintain single lock 2) set up absolutely ideal lines of sight and 3) punish a target unable to dodge. The pilot is also offensively helpless for 10 seconds immediately thereafter, taking uncancellable firing and overheating times into account. While damage can of course be tweaked, I don't think this iteration of Worst Aimbot is particularly broken, outside of breaking Reloaded's "No One-shots" design guideline.

Look, I just want Momow's pic in game. That and a C-class twerk taunt are pretty much all I ask.

mabey add a new feature to infiltrator called laser designator similar to the artillery/siege vehicles in battlefield 1942 which can operate alone but have the ability to open the camera of a recon who is using his spotting scope allowing him to adjust fire on targets out of sight

• Luaq likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

infiltrator needs a laser designator

mabey add a new feature to infiltrator called laser designator similar to the artillery/siege vehicles in battlefield 1942 which can operate alone but have the ability to open the camera of a recon who is using his spotting scope allowing him to adjust fire on targets out of sight

A laser designator ala Half-life's rocket launcher is actually my submissions for reworked Hellfires. With some tweaks, I think the mechanic would raise the engagement and viability of Hellfire mechs.
  • Luaq likes this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Can I have a G2 scout with Flak and MIRV?  I don't need the KLA mode, just the MIRV.  Same chassis and health, other stats.

• ReversusRex likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

G2 CR-T - Dual tow. PLEASE.

Edit: It could have TOW Rocket XT's with lower damage but a larger AoE.

Edited by Hecatoncheires, 15 June 2016 - 10:43 PM.

• Luaq, Drrt4 and Zebanchi like this

What the Heca-

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

G2 CR-T - Dual tow. PLEASE.

Edit: It could have TOW Rocket XT's with lower damage but a larger AoE.

ALL MY YES, ALL MY YES, ALL MY YES 

• Drrt4 likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

3 words: Dual Heat Cannon

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

this would technically have more dps than g2 assault

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

this would technically have more dps than g2 assault

AYch4Io.gif

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

g2 brawler, two TOWs and a turret mode where he can turn faster while taking less dmg but is temporary much like battle turkeys and thus is not bunkered down so legs receive no mitigation from incoming dmg.

can "one-two punch" lights and take on multiple opponents while ability is active

the tows should be slower projectiles though or less stable accuracy but the ability shouldnt kill movement like turret mode or if so it not be as severe

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIIIISSSSS!!! (calm down)

Alright so here's some Ideas I've been thinking for a long while and I was lucky enough to have one of my questions about ability reworks in a Q&A with Capnjosh for hawken's future....

Here's some open ideas for people modify/critique as they want:

"G2 ROCKETEER"
Spoiler

G2 CLOAKED C-CLASS
Spoiler

Last but not least
G2 BRAWLER
Spoiler

Edited by Luaq, 16 June 2016 - 04:57 PM.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hyginos, ReversusRex and TheButtSatisfier like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

G2 Reaper, C-Class

only change primary into am-sar that can be charged

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

G2 gren: rev-gl? TWOOOOO REV-GL!

Howken is your fault

• coldform, hellc9943, Hyginos and 2 others like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

i have/had footage of this, recorded with an iphone 4s so its crap, but seeable

Is this the animation played by the Boss Brawler on Frontline Bot destruction?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I'm not sure what to put this on (brawler g3 maybe). So a heat cannon that can be charged like eoc. In one shot it goes similar to regular heatcannon but more dmg and bigger boom but when charged imagine three heatcannon payloads going off in a row poof poof poof but slower and less dmg on each. No need for a second gun on that mech  :nuke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users