• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I pulled this from the little silver cube it was printed on in the LAN area of the motherboard:

RU1-161A9WGF

No realtek sticker on it from what I can see... makes me wonder if it's counterfeit. DAMN OBAMA!

This leads to a LAN driver download on a google search, :). Bad news is all those websites looks like they'll give me the digital AIDS :(.  

wmmoney.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Hmmmm. RF can very well be sent over electrical wiring (and twisted pair, and coax...). In this case, I am quite sure that is what is happening. It is essentially using the electrical wiring within a dwelling as networking cable. 

As for the beamforming, I am inclined to believe it is for the pairing of the units, and something akin to a "heartbeat"...but I am not clear on this aspect.

Yeah, I spew tons of RF over LMR-400 coax daily.

Shrug, I honestly don't know, I just assumed MIMO and beamforming was a wireless link because you see it so frequently when looking at router specs in the last 10 years.  I can see how the term MIMO can be used to explain sending multiple data signals over a link simultaneously, but I wonder how you beamform when you only have one effective antenna.  All the stuff I've read about beamforming shows multiple omnidirectional antennas separated at a specific distance coordinating to form a beam in one specific direction.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I pulled this from the little silver cube it was printed on in the LAN area of the motherboard:

RU1-161A9WGF

No realtek sticker on it from what I can see... makes me wonder if it's counterfeit. DAMN OBAMA!

This leads to a LAN driver download on a google search, :). Bad news is all those websites looks like they'll give me the digital AIDS :(.  

Nah, thats just the part number for the RJ45 socket.

This is somewhat similar to what you are looking for:

realtek_rl8100c_chip.jpg

It'll be a silkscreen and not a sticker, although there might be a sticker covering the silkscreen, sometimes the silkscreen is sanded off when you want to hide what chips you are using.  Most of the time when chips are counterfeit they are almost exact reproductions visually but often have obvious spelling mistakes.

I tried looking at the photos of the motherboard on gigabytes site to try and see if I could determine in what area it would be located but the picture didn't have enough resolution.  It could be anywhere, but it should be out in the open and not hiding under any heatsink.  It could be a smaller perfectly square package too.

[DELETED]

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I think this might be an easy suitable solution to my lan issue if in fact it is the lan, yes?

https://www.amazon.c...nic, windows 10

wmmoney.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I think this might be an easy suitable solution to my lan issue if in fact it is the lan, yes?

Do you have open PCI slots in the case?  If so I'd just buy a NIC and stab it rather than deal with a USB connection.  If you don't have open slots, well then yeah USB would solve that issue.

• ARCH3TYP3 likes this

[DELETED]

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Do you have open PCI slots in the case?  If so I'd just buy a NIC and stab it rather than deal with a USB connection. 

I agree.

Edited by ARCH3TYP3, 23 February 2017 - 08:26 AM.

• SS396 likes this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I ended up grabbing that usb LAN plug. So cheap shipped that I couldn't lose. Plugged it in and boom instant connect. Played a few rounds tonight with all our friend, Dieselcat and had a solid connect that was about 20 lower than usual with my graphic setting increased. Win/Win it appears. Thanks to all for the help.   

• DerMax and DieselCat like this

wmmoney.png

Chaptes

Chaptes

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello

Just saw your guide and thought to try out that tool as well. Would you say those spikes in my Screenshot impact Gameplay, or the value range isn't high enough to notice it in this game?

http://imgur.com/a/JHbBr

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Hello

Just saw your guide and thought to try out that tool as well. Would you say those spikes in my Screenshot impact Gameplay, or the value range isn't high enough to notice it in this game?

http://imgur.com/a/JHbBr

Yes, those will really jack up you game experience.  It's even worse than having a consistently slow connection in many ways.

Each time you hit one of those spikes, you'll probably notice a little rubberbanding, frame-drop and loss of hit detection.

I was having a similar issue for months... but via use of Pingplotter and lots of constant pressure and time demands I put on my ISP (Charter/Spectrum), I finally got them to identify an issue on one of their nodes which was causing everyone who went through it the same problem - which fixed the dumb spikes.  I also gave them enough information (from Pingplotter) that they identified some poor routing choices they were having with certain other ISP partners and they changed my routing across the whole internet to avoid them.

My online game experience has been significantly better since.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Stupid forum multi-post bug.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 20 May 2017 - 11:06 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Chaptes

Chaptes

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the info, gonna try to fix those spikes in this case and hope It's not ISP related.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users