170 replies to this topic

raging_squirrel

raging_squirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

PingPlotter.png

Thx for your time in creating this thread...just posting my results looking at the KC servers from my location in Florida since the KC servers seem to give me the most trouble. I have a broadband cable connection through Comcast not utilizing wi-fi.

If you have a moment to look at his and relay back at what you see....would be greatly appreciated since I wouldn't really know how to decipher the intel. 

Edited by raging_squirrel, 27 April 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#HawkenForLife

First of all, you garbage tier sock merchant, I said most of us.

You Norwegian fart market.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

raging_squirrel, you have a bit of a problem on your 10th hop, but otherwise the plot is near-perfect. Those round trip jumps from 60 ms to 70 ms are noticeable only at the highest level of play.

• raging_squirrel likes this

raging_squirrel

raging_squirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

raging_squirrel, you have a bit of a problem on your 10th hop, but otherwise the plot is near-perfect. Those round trip jumps from 60 ms to 70 ms are noticeable only at the highest level of play.

DerMax...thxxx for the fast reply. I'm guessing that my ping performance is pretty much optimized and really not much I can adjust for increased performance ?

If that's the case,  then I should be happy with the ingame results I'm getting ?

Again thank you for your input and taking the time to create and respond to all in this thread  :thumbsup:

• DerMax likes this

#HawkenForLife

First of all, you garbage tier sock merchant, I said most of us.

You Norwegian fart market.

Frenotx

Frenotx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Thanks for putting this together.

• DerMax likes this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

bump because it's still not sticky / pinned / whatever

Edited by (KDR) MomOw, 22 May 2016 - 02:16 AM.

• DerMax likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

bump because it's still not sticky / pinned / whatever

sticky / pinned requires dev action. Much in the same way un-stickying this hilariously out of date thread would require RL to have people who give two shites

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Updated the guide with new links and images.

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

if the problem are about hawken's severs , no one can help us to play game without lagg rubber banding etc..

edit : thanks for the hard work 

Edited by Guns_N_Rozer, 02 September 2016 - 06:07 AM.

• DerMax likes this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Updated the guide with new links and images.

Thanks for this. Even if our lag issues are on Reloaded's side, the knowledge you've shared here can help in any game.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and Brother3J like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Yeah DerMax, it's been a really helpful topic.  I've actually referred players from other games to read it and use it - especially those on games (which actually have a large, active player base) where two or three people keep chanting the refrain "Your games servers suck, replace the damn servers so people can actually play your game!"  They just don't seem to get the logic behind, "Unless almost all players are having a bad experience with connectivity to the servers, the problem is somewhere in the routing between you and the game servers."  And this guide helps prove that there is a routing problem so that (at least some of them) shut up.

• DerMax likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Then, how do you explain EU servers with 200-300 ping for every player on it?

It's gotta be surwers, right?

Edited by Chickin, 06 September 2016 - 07:32 AM.

chickin.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Then, how do you explain EU servers with 200-300 ping for every player on it?

It's gotta be surwers, right?

You got this part, right?

They just don't seem to get the logic behind, "Unless almost all players are having a bad experience with connectivity to the servers, the problem is somewhere in the routing between you and the game servers."

Cause that part implies that it's actually a server issue if those conditions are fulfilled. Which it sounds like it is.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 06 September 2016 - 09:50 AM.

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Yes, I did.

And I agree.

"Your games servers suck, replace the damn servers so people can actually play your game!"

But, some of these guys may actually be correct.

Some people just can't notice any issues unless they teleport or crash.

So it doesn't have to be all players are experiencing issues on the server, no.

chickin.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

"Your games servers suck, replace the damn servers so people can actually play your game!"

But, some of these guys may actually be correct.

Some people just can't notice any issues unless they teleport or crash.

So it doesn't have to be all players are experiencing issues on the server, no.

Sure. Sometimes the people that claim that the game servers and nothing else are the cause for their connection woes are actually correct.

However, I think those same people should use this thread (or the same information somewhere else) to confidently disprove that their woes aren't caused by their computer or Internet connection before blaming the issue on a game server.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 06 September 2016 - 12:53 PM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I was talking about OTHER GAMES in my last post.  Connectivity to the Hawken servers is pretty much crap for everyone - which supports them being to blame.  It's other games where 95% of people have a great connection and no complaints - but the people who do complain make it sound like "If I have this problem, everyone must have this problem and, therefore, ..."

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
If it isnt ping lag its video card lag, and if neither then its cpu or ram

I check connectivity first, then resort to hardware

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I'm in the process of upgrading to Google Fiber, and would like to measure my traces on cable vs. after switching over to fiber.  Does this tool provide general regions that I can ping to, or do I need to know a specific IP address?  

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I'm in the process of upgrading to Google Fiber, and would like to measure my traces on cable vs. after switching over to fiber. Does this tool provide general regions that I can ping to, or do I need to know a specific IP address?

Lucky bastard
  • talon70 likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'm in the process of upgrading to Google Fiber, and would like to measure my traces on cable vs. after switching over to fiber.  Does this tool provide general regions that I can ping to, or do I need to know a specific IP address?  

I only used PingPlotter for a week, but here's what I remember:

It comes preloaded with a few basic URL addresses like Google.com, but besides that you'll need a specific URL or IP to point it at.

Edit: if you are very bored, you can download the 500+ MB list of IP addresses broken down by country and state here. From there it's a matter of finding reliable IP addresses to ping in the regions you're interested.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 08 September 2016 - 04:58 PM.

• DerMax likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Updated the server IPs and added a tip about powerline adapters.

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
This is why i have to play usa instead of asia.
My ping goes to fuzz in singapore. One hop adds over 100ms. Hello 300-400 ping :(
When i play us-west i can get 220 and beyond that about 280.

Id much prefer to get local games :|

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I have used powerline kits and the current ones are pretty good. Definitely worth consideration but they need to be in the wall plug so get one with power passthrough. Also old appliances can put noise on power cables (and probably trip breakers or zap you). Also high wattage microwaves or fan heaters on same circuit.
I have also used a pair of wireless routers to create a wireless bridge, but its probably tricky for many people to set up. I used 2x dlink dir-615 loaded with ddwrt for a total of about $40. It doesnt get you off wireless but it means you can get your wireless devices closer to eachother and use like hardware, etc.

Edited by 6ixxer, 27 October 2016 - 11:54 AM.

• DerMax likes this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

i talked to isp , they didn't find any problem ,neither i :(  still lag spike rubber banding .only in hawken i have this problem  :(  well i have to play with it .thanks and have a nice day .

Spoiler

Edited by Guns_N_Rozer, 17 January 2017 - 04:41 AM.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Did you record this graph while playing Hawken?

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

i talked to isp , they didn't find any problem ,neither i :(  still lag spike rubber banding .only in hawken i have this problem  :(  well i have to play with it .thanks and have a nice day .

Spoiler

While it's probably going to be really difficult to discern a difference, have you tried playing on the US servers to see if you get the same rubberbanding?

I recall hearing that most of the EU servers have rubberbanding issues for the majority of EU players, but perhaps I'm wrong.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Did you record this graph while playing Hawken?

nope , i just used the ip inorder to get this data , if i play with hawken how can i do graph ? thanjks

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

nope , i just used the ip inorder to get this data , if i play with hawken how can i do graph ? thanjks

Set the interval to 0.5 seconds > start plotting with the same IP > launch Hawken > Play a round of TDM > Close Hawken > Screenshot the PingPlotter window > post it in this thread.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Set the interval to 0.5 seconds > start plotting with the same IP > launch Hawken > Play a round of TDM > Close Hawken > Screenshot the PingPlotter window > post it in this thread.

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I see no problems. You will have to upload a video of your gameplay and show your lag.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

I see no problems. You will have to upload a video of your gameplay and show your lag.

do you see that the pl and the jump of ping  from 8 to 10  :rolleyes:

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

do you see that the pl and the jump of ping  from 8 to 10  :rolleyes:

It shouldn't matter. If you have two monitors, you can play Hawken with PingPlotter working and see if jumps on these hops coincide with your lag in the game.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

It shouldn't matter. If you have two monitors, you can play Hawken with PingPlotter working and see if jumps on these hops coincide with your lag in the game.

see that this is happen when i go for combat :(

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

see that this is happen when i go for combat :(

Spoiler

"This video is private".

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

"This video is private".

ops, sorry fixed

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I see. Can you play a couple of rounds of offline botstdm (training) and confirm that you don't have this problem there?

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

I see. Can you play a couple of rounds of offline botstdm (training) and confirm that you don't have this problem there?

in bot tdm happen sometimes but rare 

edit , i streamed and played no problem here (other Games)  

Spoiler

Edited by Guns_N_Rozer, 19 January 2017 - 03:16 PM.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

in bot tdm happen sometimes but rare 

edit , i streamed and played no problem here (other Games)  

Spoiler

If this happens in offline training games, then it has nothing to do with your connection; it's probably fps-related.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

If this happens in offline training games, then it has nothing to do with your connection; it's probably fps-related.

When i record it does impact on system like 20+/- fps down , but without recording 80+ fps always .there is fps number on the upper roght corner 

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Don't know if you're still watching this forum or not Dermax, but I'd like to ask you a few questions...

Did ReLoaded change the server IPs, if you know?

It's my assumption that they did.  When I run a Command Prompt of netstat -bn while connected to a Hawken match, I get totally different IPs than those listed in your original post... and they connect to amazonaws.com (which is, indeed a game server hosting domain).

Second part of this question is, "Do you know if it's possible that Amazon is doing something on their end to prevent traceroutes from getting any actual measurements on packet loss?  When I test any of the IPs that seem to belong to Hawken (according to the CMD netstat -bn), they are always registering a constant 100% packet loss at the amazonaws.com end and, for some reason, measure a constant 50% packet loss on my router's end.  And, if I try to test those IPs via a simple "ping" in the Command Prompt, all I get is "request timed out"

While the performance of the online servers on Hawken does seem to be pretty abysmal (as marked by the constant rubberbanding), I am still online and playing, so I obviously don't have 100% constant packet loss.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Don't know if you're still watching this forum or not Dermax, but I'd like to ask you a few questions...

Did ReLoaded change the server IPs, if you know?

It's my assumption that they did.  When I run a Command Prompt of netstat -bn while connected to a Hawken match, I get totally different IPs than those listed in your original post... and they connect to amazonaws.com (which is, indeed a game server hosting domain).

Second part of this question is, "Do you know if it's possible that Amazon is doing something on their end to prevent traceroutes from getting any actual measurements on packet loss?  When I test any of the IPs that seem to belong to Hawken (according to the CMD netstat -bn), they are always registering a constant 100% packet loss at the amazonaws.com end and, for some reason, measure a constant 50% packet loss on my router's end.  And, if I try to test those IPs via a simple "ping" in the Command Prompt, all I get is "request timed out"

While the performance of the online servers on Hawken does seem to be pretty abysmal (as marked by the constant rubberbanding), I am still online and playing, so I obviously don't have 100% constant packet loss.

I get my IPs from Scrimbot's spectator command. The Hawken servers have a range of IPs, and I'm giving just an example IP for one kind of servers. I just checked: they have not changed.

100% packet loss means the server is not configured to return packets. Nothing apocalyptic.

Edited by DerMax, 05 February 2017 - 11:15 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users