• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

T4jPaFk.png

Ladies and mentelgen, allow me to announce 

Priority Target III: BASE to BASE!

It's gonna go down in 3 stages:

Signup & Ranking:

The signups are individual, and everyone will first compete in a 'ranking DM'. There everyone will be divided in 3 teams based on your score: Tier 1, 2 and 3. There will be individual leaderboards for each tier.

Team Assembly:

You'll have one week to assemble a team which must contain one of each tier (1,2 & 3) and you'll compete in the tournament as a 3v3 team. Up to two reserves are allowed, but make sure to keep their tier in mind.

BASE to BASE:

Here's where it gets interesting: The match will be played on any MA map, and each silo will be the arena for a 1v1. Each tier will have to fight at their silo, a duel with their opponent of the same tier. When you win the duel you capture the silo and it'll do damage to the enemy BASE

Last BASE standing win the match.

RULES:

1. Each player is only allowed to fight at the silo of their tier.

2. The duel begins the moment both players spawn. You are free to walk and move around as long as you do not interrupt the other silo's or duels.

3. The loser of the duel is allowed to change mechs. The winner must remain at the silo and capture it.

4. Every player must have played in the ranking DM to be viable for a prize. If you are a reserve but didn't play in the BASE to BASE mode, but you are ranked in the DM, you will receive te same prize as all the team members. 

5. Only people who have participated in the DM are viable to join a team.

Restrictions:

Mechs: All mechs are allowed to be played.

Items: Scanner MK-I, Scanner MK-II, Scanner MK-III are not allowed.

Internals: Basic Extractor, Repair Kit, Extractor, Advanced Repair Kit, Composite Armor and Armor Reinforcement are not allowed.

Timeline:

Here's a google calendar with the info you'll need: https://calendar.goo...Europe/Brussels

• Monday 4th - Friday 15th: Signup Period
  • Saturday 16th: Ranking Deathmatch
  • Sunday 17th - Friday 22nd: Team Assembly
  • Saturday 23rd: BASE to BASE: Round 1
  • Saturday 30th: BASE to BASE: Round 2

Prizes:

All members of the 1st place team will receive a 'Nemesis Bundle'. (this one: http://store.steampo...om/app/271332/)
All 2nd place members will receive the 'All Thrusters Pack'. (http://store.steampo...com/app/372400/)
And finally every member of the 3rd place team will receive the 'Sharpshooter Pack'. (http://store.steampo...com/app/370720/)

TL;DR:

If you have any question or observations feel free to post below or send an e-mail to contact.kobalt@gmail.com

Cheers,
Freeze

BFQGUif.png

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 13 April 2016 - 12:27 AM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Houruck and 12 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

So it's like MA, but except the MA part is vestigial. This is just a duel cup with extremely circuitous rules. I think it would be more interesting if, instead of having chat-regulated duels, it remains a dynamic 1v1 with respawns an allowed players to shoot from their designated silo to other silos. The way it's setup right now comes across as a team objective mode with all the team and objective stuff expressly banned

Count me in.

Edited by Hyginos, 04 April 2016 - 06:54 AM.

• DerMax likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

hype

So it's like MA, but except the MA part is vestigial. This is just a duel cup with extremely circuitous rules.

Count me in.

it's like a 1v1... v1v1v1v1. Like a 3v3, but 1v1's. 3x(1v1)'s.

You're gonna be dueling, that's for sure.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

it's like a 1v1... v1v1v1v1. Like a 3v3, but 1v1's. 3x(1v1)'s.

You're gonna be dueling, that's for sure.

3 1v1s happening in a vacuum is just removing all the interesting parts of MA. It's like buying a VR headset and using it to listen to music.

So what are you going to do to prevent sandbagging in the ranking DM?

Edited by Hyginos, 04 April 2016 - 07:00 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

3 1v1s happening in a vacuum is just removing all the interesting parts of MA. It's like buying a VR headset and using it to listen to music.

Sandbagging eh? I assume you mean not playing to be in a lower tier you actually belong? My question is: does that player want to have fun or not? 

At any rate, the duels won't happen in a vacuum, cause everyone's results go towards destroying the enemy base. If you win 100% of the time but your team mates can't get half the duels done, you won't win. That makes it a team effort.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Define sandbagging because if its what I think it is, it went hilariously wrong for me in the HKTS 1v1.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Define sandbagging because if its what I think it is, it went hilariously wrong for me in the HKTS 1v1.

If you intentionally do poorly in the ranking DM it would put you at a low rank despite being a highly skilled player. When it comes to the matches proper you would then be fighting players who presumably deserve the lower rank and are thus much less skilled.

Sandbagging eh? I assume you mean not playing to be in a lower tier you actually belong? My question is: does that player want to have fun or not? 

At any rate, the duels won't happen in a vacuum, cause everyone's results go towards destroying the enemy base. If you win 100% of the time but your team mates can't get half the duels done, you won't win. That makes it a team effort.

Some people have fun stomping (RE: smurfing), and if you have a prize of any sort you have created an incentive.

As for the second point, the teamwork effectively ends once the match starts. It requires contribution from the team, sure, but it would be more helpful to be in comms with your dueling opponent than your team. Not exactly deep on strats and team-anything.

Edited by Hyginos, 04 April 2016 - 07:37 AM.

• DerMax and Kindos7 like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Have fun with this one!

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Apart from sandbagging, a huge problem of this format is low-tier players not showing up, thus losing their team the game (which will happen 100%).

Plus, I'm not a fan of agreeing to start the duel. Just why? It's much more fun to have it more flexible.

Edited by DerMax, 04 April 2016 - 07:44 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

words

Alright, let's begin ripping this apart.

1. What defines a silo? S2 on Frontline is a much larger area, even in abstract than S2 on Wreckage, or even S1 on Wreckage. None of these have particularly clear boundaries. Or are you actually going to try make people fight in the glowy box?

2. Are the fights allowed to wander off the silo/glowy box? Because if a current holder is losing, dragging the fight away from the silo can buy them and their team time.

3. The usual R > R > Go is blatantly abusable when you're on a time limit. While the above might be nit-picky I would suggest that the duels on the silos be just a set of rolling DMs

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Good luck with your tournament

• crockrocket likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Alright, so the issues seem to be people not showing up to their match and the speed of the DM's.

Apart from sandbagging, a huge problem of this format is low-tier players not showing up, thus losing their team the game (which will happen 100%).

Plus, I'm not a fan of agreeing to start the duel. Just why? It's much more fun to have it more flexible.

Alright, let's begin ripping this apart.

1. What defines a silo? S2 on Frontline is a much larger area, even in abstract than S2 on Wreckage, or even S1 on Wreckage. None of these have particularly clear boundaries. Or are you actually going to try make people fight in the glowy box?

2. Are the fights allowed to wander off the silo/glowy box? Because if a current holder is losing, dragging the fight away from the silo can buy them and their team time.

3. The usual R > R > Go is blatantly abusable when you're on a time limit. While the above might be nit-picky I would suggest that the duels on the silos be just a set of rolling DMs

The silo is defined as the glowing boundary. You don't have to fight in in, but not being in that boundary makes it so that the other guy can cap it and do damage to your base. Feel free to move around, but you're only allowed to fight the opponent in the same tier.

Now, on the r r go we could say that the duel begins from the moment both players spawn, like you suggest. Could also be better from pred and infil players. I don't see why we can't do that, sounds like fun. The reason I made the rule is because we tested this mode a while ago and people defaulted to the r r go system and it looked like it worked fine.

At any rate, I'm going to change this rule. Thanks for the feedback, it makes the tournament better.

Low tier players not showing up: That's not something unique to this gamemode, hence why you can have reserve players. It can always happen.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 04 April 2016 - 12:39 PM.

• Amidatelion likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

...mentelgen...

Ho-ho-ho. Shall we?

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Any item/internal restrictions in the duels or DM?

Spoiler

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Any item/internal restrictions in the duels or DM?

Mechs: All mechs are allowed to be played.

Items: Scanner MK-I, Scanner MK-II, Scanner MK-III are not allowed.

Internals: Basic Extractor, Repair Kit, Extractor, Advanced Repair Kit, Composite Armor and Armor Reinforcement are not allowed.

I think that these restrictions are for the whole tournament.

• Dr_Freeze001 likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

It seems a bit complicated.

If I understand well:

- the purpose is to have a tournament that looks like team competitions in fencing or martial art, in 3vs3 teams.

- the initial DM is to have "fair" duels.

when I try make a zoom-out, the whole "MA" thing have 2 purposes :

- reduce the duration of the competition (i.e 3 duels at the same time is shorter than 3 independant duels)

- introduce a "global timer"

As it will be a tournament and not just a "man vs clock", I wonder if the "global timer" of the MA will be useful.

I mean : at the end the winner team will defeat all the other teams. The MA counter (1500) is too long to lead a team to lose if one duel takes too long.

I didn't understand well if the duels are restarted over and over again until the MA counter fall down to 0, if so the randomized spawning might lead to unfair games, losing precious seconds just to reach the silo again.

I just wonder if a standard team duels would be easier to organise for the same result, or if it is possible to limit the duel to 1 attempt and drastically reduce the MA counter (timer), based on the last duel tournament, I think that a MA counter consistent with 20s should be enough, and maybe "rounds"

Edited by (KDR) MomOw, 06 April 2016 - 03:11 AM.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

UPDATE!

Prizes:

All members of the 1st place team will receive a 'Nemesis Bundle'.
All 2nd place members will receive the 'All Thrusters Pack'.
And finally every member of the 3rd place team will receive the 'Sharpshooter Pack'.

• Erzunterweltler likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

SS pack seems like it should be first or second prize instead of 3rd IMO. I would have gone SS>nemesis>thrusters purely on "things you can't get elsewhere" value.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 1 other like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

SS pack seems like it should be first or second prize instead of 3rd IMO. I would have gone SS>nemesis>thrusters purely on "things you can't get elsewhere" value.

Agreed, With that prizing i would do everything to finish 3rd.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

The discussion about prizes focused on MC equivalent. The rarity wasn't discussed.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

Kakarot12831

Kakarot12831

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

cool

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The discussion about prizes focused on MC equivalent. The rarity wasn't discussed.

The issue I see here is that MC value may be different than the value proposition for the participants. I imagine most players who will actually end up participating (to say nothing of winning anything) have pretty much all mechs and weapons unlocked as well as a solid store of HC, so you should weight things that cannot be unlocked by HC much more heavily than stuff that can.

For example: when excluding the parts available with HC, the Nemesis bundle is just 3 uppers, a drone, an emblem, and some MC. Compare that to the SS pack that has 21 uppers, 19 arms, 19 legs, and 19 feet, and includes full 4 sets of mech parts that can't be acquired by any other means.

I suppose winners may choose to trade prizes, so it may not matter that much, but I figure it is worth mentioning.

• MomOw likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The issue I see here is that MC value may be different than the value proposition for the participants. I imagine most players who will actually end up participating (to say nothing of winning anything) have pretty much all mechs and weapons unlocked as well as a solid store of HC, so you should weight things that cannot be unlocked by HC much more heavily than stuff that can.

For example: when excluding the parts available with HC, the Nemesis bundle is just 3 uppers, a drone, an emblem, and some MC. Compare that to the SS pack that has 21 uppers, 19 arms, 19 legs, and 19 feet, and includes full 4 sets of mech parts that can't be acquired by any other means.

I suppose winners may choose to trade prizes, so it may not matter that much, but I figure it is worth mentioning.

Yeah, like... were I to play, the all thrusters pack would be useless to me, because I already own all thrusters. Ditto for the Nemesis - I own multiples of those mechs. 

The SS pack is literally the only thing of interest to me as it'd let me make an Elite CRT Sharpie that I'd never use.

So why are there packs instead of MC blocks, again?

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Dumbest Tourney idea ever.  You should feel bad and relinquish control to someone who isn't insane.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 2 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Dumbest Tourney idea ever.  You should feel bad and relinquish control to someone who isn't insane.

giphy.gif

• crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer, Kindos7 and 1 other like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Will watch the stream.

Edited by (KDR) Bergwein, 24 April 2016 - 01:45 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer and LaurenEmily like this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

b64df06ae94225d9bf1b6f8f2cc66372.jpg

I don't think I'll play, but I'll watch the stream 'cuz the mode puzzle me.

But why bullying (unless it's a joke I didn't get) ? if you don't like it, just don't play it. That sbdy organize stuff is a good thing by itself.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I think the whole tournament will be fun. Especially from the spectators and viewers points of view. It is not team-oriented, that's true. But I can imagine many viewers being excited about HighTier players showing up to battle each other in a series of duels. The mixed teams will give the whole event a certain kick, due to its, compared to former events, more unpredictable result.

GLHF AND THANKS DR.FREEZE for organizing and keeping things going!

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

KDR Veteran Member / KDR Server Administrator

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I think the whole tournament will be fun. Especially from the spectators and viewers points of view. It is not team-oriented, that's true. But I can imagine many viewers being excited about HighTier players showing up to battle each other in a series of duels. The mixed teams will give the whole event a certain kick, due to its, compared to former events, more unpredictable result.

GLHF AND THANKS DR.FREEZE for organizing and keeping things going!

A tournament with RNG. Yeah, totally fun. Yep.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

57813624.jpg

• KarlSchlag likes this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

Nekonomable

Nekonomable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

so wait... instead of giving us more modes and more mechs and more to do..... we are getting a dm tournament.

nice.

flyinglizards45

flyinglizards45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
What time zone? Eastern?

C.T.B

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

What time zone? Eastern?

This Saturday, April 16th, 21:00 GMT/ 16:00 EST/14:00 PDT. 

• bunny_fuzzy likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

bunny_fuzzy

bunny_fuzzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

21:00 (22:00 in Sweden). Bunnys are soo sleepy... Must. Get. Coffee. 

See ya tonight! :D

• KarlKuel likes this

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

A tournament with RNG. Yeah, totally fun. Yep.

I am sure, when Hawkens population will be at the expected hundreds and thousands active players, more seriousity will come into play. I can play regular MA matches every day. To me it is a pure fun event. Randomness included. Like a streetball match for honor and a crate of beer, which is shared among the players at the end of the day. :)

• KarlKuel and bunny_fuzzy like this

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

Spoiler

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

PrT3 is live !

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

flyinglizards45

flyinglizards45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Does anyone know when the tiers will be released?

C.T.B

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

There was a google spread sheet shown in the livestream yesterday. Someone will post a link here soonish. :)

• flyinglizards45 likes this

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

Spoiler

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Here's the ranking guys. Listing has been randomized, so it's not like the first listed in each tier is the best. Please assemble your teams before Saturday 23rd. You'll find both the in-game name and the steam name, if they have given it with the signup form.

Get in touch with each other and assemble a team.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Freeze

• KarlSchlag and flyinglizards45 like this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Priority, Target, III

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users