- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Furious_Potato

Furious_Potato

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wish the guys would make us able to drop multiple turrets and remove the duration on blockade and shield

-Turret cap removed.. Could really make the turrets a bit more useful when holding points since they go down easy

-Blockade and Shield duration removed.. I mean they go down in 3 tow shots and could really be a good retreat plan rather than having to drop one while retreating

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Agree on the first, disagree on the second.

Turrets are so ungodly useless right now Hyginos and I actually giggled like school girls when I got a kill on him with one last night. They are a party trick, nothing more.

Shieldplay is so god awfully strong in the right hands it doesn't need a buff. I do not want a shield that a pred can fire through indefinitely, or that an SS can dance through forever. Blockades are fantastic retreat plans as they are... you just need to not flee in a straight line.

• The_Silencer likes this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I agree with Amid about shield and blockade.

About turrets they can be balanced in multiple ways, and IMHO removing the turret limitation is not the right thing to do.

3 different ideas I would like to try :

keep the turret current HP but make them deal real damage output (70DPS ?) and knockback effect for rockets

keep the turret current damage output but make them invincible and adjust their lifespan

slightly increase their DPS but make them sticky on walls / ceiling

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

and knockback effect for rockets

Dear God, no. I'm having PTSD flashbacks of closed beta 3 stun-lock. *shivers*
  • CounterlogicMan and DemitronPrime like this

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I agree with Amid about shield and blockade.

About turrets they can be balanced in multiple ways, and IMHO removing the turret limitation is not the right thing to do.

3 different ideas I would like to try :

keep the turret current HP but make them deal real damage output (70DPS ?) and knockback effect for rockets

keep the turret current damage output but make them invincible and adjust their lifespan

slightly increase their DPS but make them sticky on walls / ceiling

The only thing I can agree to is making them deal real damage. I'm going for a deployable Assault Rifle, or maybe SMC.

As it stands, they don't even work as a distraction because their sound and damage are unique and immediately identify them as useless and ignorable. Making the MG Turret sound and behave like an AR would force people to pay attention to it and fear it. Keep the overrun and crap health, make it actually effective in turn.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

The turrets make a semi-effective radar trap.  If you drop a turret in a path you're trying to watch for enemy movement, they're pretty effective at alerting you.

• crockrocket and DemitronPrime like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I think turrets just need to explode when walked on.
Make experienced players choose between taking the damage, shooting them from range, or moving the fight elsewhere.

I would like to see a sticky turret item.
Smaller, shorter range, lower DPS, limited lifetime. Should still take a bit more than one tow to kill it.
You shoot them in a straight line like a Det and they stick. nuff said.

SS camping on other side of map? get a few sticky turrets fired over at the geometry next to them.
Having trouble pushing through a choke point? same deal.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

The turrets make a semi-effective radar trap.  If you drop a turret in a path you're trying to watch for enemy movement, they're pretty effective at alerting you.

They only remotely useful thing about them right now. And even then, still just an annoyance for the enemy.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I use them as a radar sometimes.
Preds and experienced players just walk on them, hence wanting it so they take damage from walking on them.
Easy to implement, makes the turret more useful as doing extra 50 damage to a good player can be enough to turn the tables, and then turrets are no longer completely useless.

A concept of a turret-hacker would make it fun, as a heap of turrets could suddenly swap side turning the fight the other way.
(I suggested in Poops Exploding Orbs thread) It would be a Det-like item that you shoot at turret(s) and it swaps the team of any turret in its landing radius. Would need to fly quicker to have good utility though. As soon as a turret drops in a scrim you could flip it before it fires its first shot which avoids having to avoid/destroy it. Or if you see it across the map, you can flip it before walking into its effective range. Would annoy any SS that uses MG turrets to watch their back (As I have done sometimes). A countering strategy that adds risk to using turrets. Adding Troll factor? Meh, just do it.
  • DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I use them as a radar sometimes.
Preds and experienced players just walk on them, hence wanting it so they take damage from walking on them.
Easy to implement, makes the turret more useful as doing extra 50 damage to a good player can be enough to turn the tables, and then turrets are no longer completely useless.

A concept of a turret-hacker would make it fun, as a heap of turrets could suddenly swap side turning the fight the other way.
(I suggested in Poops Exploding Orbs thread) It would be a Det-like item that you shoot at turret(s) and it swaps the team of any turret in its landing radius. Would need to fly quicker to have good utility though. As soon as a turret drops in a scrim you could flip it before it fires its first shot which avoids having to avoid/destroy it. Or if you see it across the map, you can flip it before walking into its effective range. Would annoy any SS that uses MG turrets to watch their back (As I have done sometimes). A countering strategy that adds risk to using turrets. Adding Troll factor? Meh, just do it.

I like the idea of a small Grenade or "emp" like device that hacked turrets etc, even imagine scramblers and scanners....

Create a sudden polarity shift on some fights imo

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

They only remotely useful thing about them right now. And even then, still just an annoyance for the enemy.

Oh, I think they're a little more useful that just that.  They may not be deadly, but they can absolutely force a player to include them in their 'heat-of-battle' decisions.

If you're going toe-to-toe (or should I say tow-to-tow) with another player and it's going to be a close one... having an enemy MG Turret nearby will force you to retreat, move out of range, or stomp that turret to prevent that slight health drain from being the advantage your opponent needs to overtake you in the health pool race.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
^again why I want enemies walking on them to detonate them and do a small but significant amount of damage (30-50?) and uncloak preds who are compelled to stomp them.

The choice should be 1) accept the stomp damage 2) Shoot it from range 3) move the fight.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

one possibility would be allowing to deploy as many turrets as you have equipped in your mech beneath minimum required distances or ratios in between turrets of a same class

at first glance, would look fair to me as it would be a way to cancel spamming turrets -very near in between 'em- on a same ubication of the map

edit: purchasing mk-iii should be somehow more rewarding.. at least in general terms...

Edited by The_Silencer, 25 April 2016 - 11:06 AM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users