• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Just my luck that I get tomorrow off, so I'll be there!

• ticklemyiguana and Pastorius like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Can't wait.  

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm as long as I don't forget I'll come by and say old man stuff. And you kids don't be poking me with a stick. I hate when they do that. :P

*EDIT* Oh yeah almost forgot.............YOU KIDS GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!

Edited by Nov8tr, 03 April 2015 - 12:42 AM.

• EM1O likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Own gamemode: What about fightclub? Fancy 1v1s and 2v2s? 

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

M3CH47

M3CH47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Nice!  :thumbsup:

<3 BLITZ  |  CEREBRAL PILOTS  |  BONK BONK

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Hmm as long as I don't forget I'll come by and say old man stuff. And you kids don't be poking me with a stick. I hate when they do that. :P

*EDIT* Oh yeah almost forgot.............YOU KIDS GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!

i love it when i get ooos and aaahs spinning tales of quarter-up machine games, pong, marathon TeTris nights, "gaming" on a 9600baud phone-cradle connection with your Tandy CoCo2, all that prehistoric stuff! 

"I remember way back when they actually had places called Arcades full of machines, that people had to go to if they wanted to play a video game!"

Oooooh

Aaaaah

:D

• SandSpider2 likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i love it when i get ooos and aaahs spinning tales of quarter-up machine games, pong, marathon TeTris nights, "gaming" on a 9600baud phone-cradle connection with your Tandy CoCo2, all that prehistoric stuff!

9600? Luxury! I could read faster than the 300 baud modem I started up with. :smile:

"I remember way back when they actually had places called Arcades full of machines, that people had to go to if they wanted to play a video game!"

Thank the arcade ghods for the MAME and Daphne projects, eh?

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Ok... I'll ask the dumb question: How would one join the special games? (Just have never played in one of these special events so unsure of the logistics.)
A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

SethSamson

SethSamson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i wish Hawken was 3rd person .. 

• Virtual_Anomaly likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Ok... I'll ask the dumb question: How would one join the special games? (Just have never played in one of these special events so unsure of the logistics.)

Join the TS (check OP for info) at the correct time (again, OP) and we'll make sure you get in.

All will become clear then. Like, everything. And more. Really.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Really? Really really? ;)

Thanks Doc! I'll be there with bells on.
A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

Virtual_Anomaly

Virtual_Anomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I vote for all of these gamemodes. They sound so fun!

Dirkasourus

Dirkasourus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can't wait for the streams.

dataman

dataman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ichiro Itano Will be Proud.

Join the game with only Hellfire equipped mechs and only shoot Hellfire missile, guided or unguided. That means only rocketeer and bruiser only.

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

To go with this, shirts are available now under Project Pheonix https://community.pl...s-available-20/

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Great night guys, thanks for coming out!

Sorry I had to bail, but my voice just couldn't keep up.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hey np mate. I did show up and did indeed say old man stuff. :) Still sitting up there right now in fact. Got a new keyboard. My first upgrade in years. I had the Saitek backlit keyboard I had used for a very long time. It was time for a upgrade. Moved up to mechanical keyboard. Last one I used was a IBM........grin. Yeah that long ago. OK got a Razor BLACKWIDOW Ultimate Stealth. Like it very nice. I got home from FRY's at 9PM EST and starting hooking it all up. Had to download the software and get it setup. Played a training match to test it out. Then played a TDM match waiting for something in the event. Beat em like a bad dream. I took 2nd place on our team. Would have got 1st but another guy got the last kill....arrggghhh. Our team won. I like the feel of the keys. Still gonna take some time to get totally used to em. Been using membrane for 20 yrs now. Thanks for everyone taking the time to do this. All of us appreciate everyone being here mate. Take care! XD

Edited by Nov8tr, 03 April 2015 - 06:30 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

To everyone who participated, whether it was in game, or in the Q&A, thank you. I appreciate the support and turnout that this game continues to foster and hope there are many more nights like this to come.

Strangely enough, the first two people to like this post also won 1st and 2nd prize in Tigg's Hawken Hopeline.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 03 April 2015 - 07:10 PM.

• bacon_avenger, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Nov8tr and 2 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Well, hope it was fun. I tried to join a few matches (in servers that were available) and kept getting "Join Game Failed: this server is not accepting players" or something to that effect. Don't know if my mmr was high enough anyway, but I believe those servers would not have been listed as available. Tried "any" on the vs game types and kept getting put in empty servers. So, poo on that.

At any rate, now that my pity party is over, I really do hope everyone had a good time. Glad Hawken lives and hopefully will thrive. Happy gaming all.

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Well, hope it was fun. I tried to join a few matches (in servers that were available) and kept getting "Join Game Failed: this server is not accepting players" or something to that effect. Don't know if my mmr was high enough anyway, but I believe those servers would not have been listed as available. Tried "any" on the vs game types and kept getting put in empty servers. So, poo on that.

At any rate, now that my pity party is over, I really do hope everyone had a good time. Glad Hawken lives and hopefully will thrive. Happy gaming all.

!!!!!

I'm sorry, man. It looks like there was some form of miscommunication. You had to be on the teamspeak we have linked in the OP and we would have sorted you into private servers.  :sad:

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

It was fun to play with everyone. My favourite part of the night was probably the Zerg rush at the end of the second AvP custom game.

Sorry about my laugh -- it comes out as a hiss/slurpy machine nowadays. :3

I noticed that everyone seems to thinks I'm a guy, but I'm not.

gg, hopefully we can do this again some time.

Thank you for your time,

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

It was fun to play with everyone. My favourite part of the night was probably the Zerg rush at the end of the second AvP custom game.

Sorry about my laugh -- it comes out as a hiss/slurpy machine nowadays. :3

I noticed that everyone seems to thinks I'm a guy, but I'm not.

gg, hopefully we can do this again some time.

Oh fuzzy bunny, sorry about those comments then - Merl has this habit of slurping to gross people out in the TS and I thought that someone had the bright idea of copying him.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

M3CH47

M3CH47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

To everyone who participated, whether it was in game, or in the Q&A, thank you. I appreciate the support and turnout that this game continues to foster and hope there are many more nights like this to come.

Strangely enough, the first two people to like this post also won 1st and 2nd prize in Tigg's Hawken Hopeline.

This was great fun! More more more!  :tongue:

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Can't believe I missed most of it, but glad to see it was a success! Hope everyone had fun :)

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I'm not here to whine, but could maybe future events require jumping through less hoops and go on for more than a couple hours? :P

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
What kind of hoops did you encounter? Events can't last all day, hosts are community members with lives too (except maybe Tickle) <3

lNM7VnC.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I'm not here to whine, but could maybe future events require jumping through less hoops and go on for more than a couple hours? :P

Which hoops gave you trouble?

As far as the duration is concerned, each event requires that someone is around to operate the TeamSpeak effectively, coordinate games, and often more than one at a time, participate in them, and manage the private servers. That's the ideal. The fact is that amidst 50 people, any one of those tasks can be a chore even with the most brilliant of audiences. One of our head admins actually lost his voice tonight.

I'd love for it to go on for more than a couple hours, but at the bare minimum each of us helps host one event every week. I've hosted or helped host three this week, and if the people organizing things are exhausted, the players suffer. Unbeknownst to most, we do have leave our Dorito stained chairs every once in a while.

(Though honestly, Amid, Merl, and myself have an absolutely fantastic support staff of moderators that make our lives easier all the time, but they can't do everything and we don't expect them to.)

We try to host events at ideal times to make it accessible to as many people as possible, but unfortunately it can't last forever. Every one of us is volunteering our time to do this, and frankly, this wouldn't work in any other community.

If you, or anyone else has suggestions on how to make things run smoother, we're always open to them. We love doing this stuff, and everyone wants to see the things they love do well.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 03 April 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

What kind of hoops did you encounter? Events can't last all day, hosts are community members with lives too (except maybe Tickle) <3

Well, having to go through Teamspeak is a pretty significant hoop (I also didn't understand that was how this was supposed to work).

It's not that I have a problem with how you guys are running things, but "events" that I've taken part in in other online games have been coded into the game somehow, so no need for individuals to host and manage everything manually. I had assumed this would be something along those lines. I really just had no idea it was like this. :P

I picked Hawken up seriously after dev already went dark so if there were past events like this I wasn't around to take part in them. 

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Well, having to go through Teamspeak is a pretty significant hoop (I also didn't understand that was how this was supposed to work).

It's not that I have a problem with how you guys are running things, but "events" that I've taken part in in other online games have been coded into the game somehow, so no need for individuals to host and manage everything manually. I had assumed this would be something along those lines. I really just had no idea it was like this. :P

I picked Hawken up seriously after dev already went dark so if there were past events like this I wasn't around to take part in them. 

Ah. I see.

No, the events in Hawken so far are community created, community managed. No one who hosts an event is a staff member of Reloaded... yet. *wink wink nudge nudge.. hey, capnjosh.*

As such we work with pretty limited resources, and like I said, it simply wouldn't be possible in most communities. Any event you see currently posted on the forums requires the usage of TeamSpeak or another third party VoIP program.

Some of us have some special privileges, like being able to make use of an increased party size or having pseudo-administrative access to private servers, but if you want things to be built into the game, (which trust me, I am 100% for), then that's up to the decision making of the developers.

Regardless, as someone who's spent... too much time... working with Hawken, I appreciate you making the effort.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 03 April 2015 - 09:39 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Well now I know! I guess my suggestion then would be maybe next time you could add some clear step-by-step instructions on how to participate to make it a little more idiot proof. :)

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Well now I know! I guess my suggestion then would be maybe next time you could add some clear step-by-step instructions on how to participate to make it a little more idiot proof. :)

Yes indeed! That was an oversight on my part.

I've been doing this for what's coming up on a year now, and for the vast majority of that time, we had a consistent core group of players that would come out of the old forums and play.

I seem to have forgotten the very obvious fact that Reloaded actually took some time to advertise this event, and as such I should have expected a fair amount of players with little to no experience with the current culture of events in Hawken.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

M3CH47

M3CH47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Great work from you guys, much appreciated.

The only hoop for me was that i had no Tech mech for the Invincible -mode. Lucky i got some HC to spend and bought one just for this. In the future you could maybe make game modes around mechs that are in the testdrive rotation, so all have access to mechs needed.

All in all! Great event! Moar moar!

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I was still working and couldn't stay but would love to attend the next event. Seems like great fun.

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

!!!!!

I'm sorry, man. It looks like there was some form of miscommunication. You had to be on the teamspeak we have linked in the OP and we would have sorted you into private servers.  :sad:

Oh, I hopped on the teamspeak. Someone said something about having to have a certain mmr, I tried to join a couple more available games and kept getting "server not accepting more players" messages (though there were plenty of slots), got frustrated and quit.

Really, I doubt the games I was trying to join were the ones for the event anyway. Nothing was said about private servers, though I was wondering about that. Should have asked, I supposed. It was a little after 10 est when I got on ts, so the people with info may not have been on anymore, dunno.

It's all cool, though. Just a game, albeit a nice one :biggrin:  I'm sure I'll see people on at some point in the future. Glad you guys orchestrated an event, it's more than I've done. Competitive shooters don't keep my attention for too long (prefer story driven games), but Hawken is a good one, so I may actually be more present in times to come.

Edited by Dedhed, 04 April 2015 - 11:15 PM.

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
There were server issues preventing players from joining matches, so I don't think it was related to MMR. For events, we usually ask for your MMR so we can sort you into the right servers appropriate to your skill level. We wouldn't want to sort a 1600 player into a 2400 server.

If you have any questions, any of the admins on the TS would be happy to help you out. Don't hesitate, poke us, message us on TS!

Edited by Silverfire, 05 April 2015 - 05:46 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

There were server issues preventing players from joining matches, 

That's what I figured. The servers I was trying to join appeared to be perfectly fine and didn't seem to have any special stuff going on. So I thought it was most likely the Hawken servers themselves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users