Photo

The rules are fine. Thoughts on the community.

* * * * * 1 votes reloaded mech mos freedom howken

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Skrubdos7

Skrubdos7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Recently we saw new forum members with zero post count standing up and the same old people were at them right away, claiming they have no forum reputation.
You are free to guess who these people are and why they have no reputation, but let me tell you: because of the fear being instilled by the established gangs. Until now, these people were silent, innocent bystanders afraid to rise up just to get beaten down.
Nonetheless, they were as important, if not even more important, than the so called respected old time community members who thought they can do what they want and bully people without reason just because they have a certain name and reputation attached to them.

This is not how it works. A community is not made up by the people who organise tournaments or interact in game, on the forums, in the TS or on the IRC (please don't go there, I did the mistake of doing so and it's a bunch of toxic people barely past puberty and the climate of racist and sexist violence by no moderation whatsoever was even worse than it was here before Reloaded took over.)
A true community is made up by the silent people who never talk and who no one knows. They are what kept the game alive over years. Them and Reloaded.

Because Reloaded owns the game after their big style emergency rescue people will still talk about once the vultures and bullies have moved on to other games to harass other people.
Because Reloaded owns the forums and therefore not only makes the rules but enforces them and therefore, can never be wrong.
Because Reloaded kept the game alive and gave it new impulses when people started to become desperate - I cannot blame you for that, but we have seen what they are capable of and the future of Hawken looks brighter than before.

You have no privilege to be here. You are merely guests of Reloaded and if I had my say, I would not only permaban certain people from the forums but from Hawken as well. What have you done for the game? And now look what Reloaded has done for the game.
Reloaded is Hawken.
Reloaded is the community.

Finally, some of the most dangerous and toxic elements have been deported, but you can still see their network working by looking at who likes who's posts. But Reloaded is on a good way of cleansing and restoring an atmosphere of freedom in the forums again.

For that, I wanted to thank the team at Reloaded, mostly the Mech Mods, whoever these anonymous warriors are, fighting the good fight.
They may not be the heroes the forums wanted, but the heroes we deserve.

Edited by Skrubdos7, 31 July 2016 - 02:19 PM.

• PoopSlinger, coldform, Nept and 16 others like this
Legal disclaimer: I am not Kindos7 and in no way related to him, neither by birth nor by marriage.
I wish I were him but since I am a skrub I could only be Skrubdos7.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

This is why we can't have nice things.

• MechFighter5e3bf9, crockrocket, Aregon and 3 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

With all this discord in the vocal part of the community i'm scared to post much of anything, RLD will do what they want, we are guests here and people seem to forget that.

My fears of posting have now subsided.

Edited by Shade__, 01 August 2016 - 04:07 PM.

• ARCH3TYP3 and harmless_kittens like this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Recently we saw new forum members with zero post count ...

These are the times which try men's souls.

• hammockman22 likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

This is why we can't have nice things.

This is why I like to lurk.

• Brother3J, Knowledge70 and Shade__ like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

This is why I don't care if what I post is unpopular or *gasps* people think less of me for my opinion.  :tongue:

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Finally, some of the most dangerous and toxic elements have been deported, but you can still see their network working by looking at who likes who's posts. But Reloaded is on a good way of cleansing and restoring an atmosphere of freedom in the forums again.

For that, I wanted to thank the team at Reloaded, mostly the Mech Mods, whoever these anonymous warriors are, fighting the good fight.

Through brilliant logical reasoning and deduction, you've simultaneously uncovered and dismantled the high-tier cabal.  May the veterans' conspiracy against new forum-goers finally be put to rest.    

As a reward for your bravery and relentless perseverance towards "freedom," I've found and cropped a new profile avatar for you.    

VJ6wOEs.jpg

Edited by Xacius, 31 July 2016 - 03:54 PM.

• ReversusRex and Arkhaun like this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

This is why I don't care if what I post is unpopular or *gasps* people think less of me for my opinion.  :tongue:

Honestly, it just feels to me like this thread is trying to incite a bit of a witch hunt (Can't think of a better word).

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

This is why more people need #hawkenscrim in their lives.

• _incitatus and LaurenEmily like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

This is the funniest post I've seen all week. You are in no way a lurker haha

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

744 posts. Likes to lurk.

• coldform and LaurenEmily like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Honestly, it just feels to me like this thread is trying to incite a bit of a witch hunt (Can't think of a better word).

Maybe, possibly.. probably not.  :rolleyes:   (Maybe gentrification for a better word?)

Edited by ATX22, 31 July 2016 - 04:19 PM.

harmless_kittens

harmless_kittens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

What's the maximum number of likes I can give?  THANK YOU OP.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

What's the maximum number of likes I can give? THANK YOU OP.

LIKESPAM
  • Shade__ likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

A true community is made up by the silent people who never talk and who no one knows. They are what kept the game alive over years. Them and Reloaded.

If anyone read that and still thought this was a serious post...................

• ticklemyiguana and ReversusRex like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I think it's silly to argue one way or another. The people working hard to get the game out there wants to believe it made the most impact, and the silent masses who have come and gone steadily in droves over the years have absolutely no voice in this discussion anyway.

Through brilliant logical reasoning and deduction, you've simultaneously uncovered and dismantled the high-tier cabal.  May the veterans' conspiracy against new forum-goers finally be put to rest.    

As a reward for your bravery and relentless perseverance towards "freedom," I've found and cropped a new profile avatar for you.    

VJ6wOEs.jpg

I find it hard to believe anyone that could be in a "high tier cabal" or even know of its existence wouldn't know the functionality of the mute player option in-game. You must be being sarcastic.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

"This is not up for discussion. The rules are there and have been enforced in the past, future and present. No one is exempt from them."

Except you, skrubdos. 

Skrubdos7 confirmed high tier cabal.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 31 July 2016 - 07:17 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

"This is not up for discussion. The rules are there and have been enforced in the past, future and present. No one is exempt from them."

Except you, skrubdos. 

wait for it... waaaaiitttt fooooooor iiiiitt....

Heartsong

Heartsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

yi1fSaY.png

Satire can be tough

Edited by Heartsong, 31 July 2016 - 07:20 PM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

yi1fSaY.png

You stop that right now.

• Nept, Aregon, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Skrubdos7

Skrubdos7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Stuff like this is exactly why I avoid the IRC. I told you about these people.

• Nept, crockrocket, Aregon and 9 others like this
Legal disclaimer: I am not Kindos7 and in no way related to him, neither by birth nor by marriage.
I wish I were him but since I am a skrub I could only be Skrubdos7.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i am gotta find ways to prod Mech Mod #s to lock each thread. i seriously think Communist Managere is here to stifle PCplayers into Servers no longer needed. (New Jersey/East USA have diappeared. no more romps with East coast and EU). we have been split and left with horrid hit-reg mid west US servers as bad as the KC servers or left coast at twice the ping.  is the a

mighty dollar dragging playability into the sewer?

yeh i'm rekt

A  liars

B  cheap crap code warpers

C  just exactly what APB warned us would happen.

anything i missed?

Edited by EM1O, 31 July 2016 - 07:27 PM.

• wolfrock likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I think the next few weeks are going to make some special memories for all of us. 

• dorobo, Knowledge70 and DallasCreeper like this

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

People vote with their feet.  Either for the fascist communism that some of our banned comrades represented, or for the glorious safety and freedom of RLD's Hawken Forums.

Brush up on your history.

Walk west.

• PoopSlinger, hellc9943 and Skrubdos7 like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

• PoopSlinger and Arkhaun like this

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I think it's silly to argue one way or another. The people working hard to get the game out there wants to believe it made the most impact, and the silent masses who have come and gone steadily in droves over the years have absolutely no voice in this discussion anyway.

I find it hard to believe anyone that could be in a "high tier cabal" or even know of its existence wouldn't know the functionality of the mute player option in-game. You must be being sarcastic.

lol

• Flifang likes this

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

i would rather this be the intro compared to the new intro that looks like the recycled movie trailerbait

• dorobo likes this

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

-snip-

Spoken like a true patriot.
  • Skrubdos7 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reloaded, mech mos, freedom, howken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users