• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Skrubdos7

Skrubdos7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
A comprehensive guide to the forum rules

Lately there have been quite some confusion about the rules being enforced and people claim they were unrightfully suspended. I am not here to discuss this and neither should you. As I already pointed out, the rules are fine and a lot of people might just not seem to understand and misinterpret them and hence get the feeling of being punished for no reason, while in reality, they were just breaking the rules.
But really, I've been here for just some weeks and it doesn't take that much to understand them.
It may all seem crazy at first but fear not, I'm here to help you out as well as helping Reloaded in policing these forums easier.

There has been quite some talk about and questions asked about "Spam".
So what is "Spam"? It's actually rather easy:

If you are spamming or your post content is just excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish, you might be spamming.
If your posts have minimal or no content, you might be spamming.
If your posts do not contribute to the overall conversation, you might be spamming.
If you think you are spamming, you probably are.

That of course includes memes.

You can and will now get rightfully suspended for one image posts. Because let's face it, single one image posts are in many cases worse than excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases or incoherent gibberish and usually are used on this forum to bully other people.
Especially using a community made Hawken related meme now is a major offense, but when interpreting the rules correctly, all memes are. And that's just fine.
Sure, memes were fun in 2012 but we have totally moved on from that. It's just not funny anymore and I embrace Reloaded for pushing forward and establishing a new internet meta, eventually breaking up antiquated structures and making forum discussions great again. There's easier ways to get your point across than using old memes, so step up your forums game.

Remember: Only because it was "kind of ok" to post a so called Howken meme using the image of an active dev, even though said dev was "kind of ok" about it and maybe even approved, does not mean it is right.
As in Howken, the meta shifts and what has been "ok" a year ago may not be ok now. What has been a minor offense or no offense can very well become a major offense and a reason to get permanently banned over night. Keep this in mind and act accordingly. Be aware. When in doubt, don't post at all.

Examples:
- Posting an image of a mirror will give you a suspension of 5-7 days and 14 warning points.
- Posting an animated gif of a well known comedian imitating fellatio will give you a suspension of 14 days and 1 warning point.
- Posting a "CapnJosh meme" will give you a suspension of 5 days and 3 warning points.

Please take note these are merely meant as examples and in no way discuss any rules moderator actions. See them as a guidelines and use common sense.
Now you may think you got a bright idea by adding a single line to your image post to not make it an one image post. Don't. Behaviour like that is just evading a ban and the lowest form of posting, because it's not only breaking the rules but bending them.

Also take note of the last example, as it falls into another category as well, which is any release of personal information about yourself, other individuals or Reloaded Games employees, any language that can be perceived as an attack against other individuals or Reloaded Games employees, any threats, veiled or otherwise, made against yourself, other individuals or Reloaded Games employees, which of course also include harassment and defamatory statements construed as referring to other individuals or Reloaded Games employees using any disallowed content or behavior (see above) as well as discussion of moderator action as in excessive and direct reference to past, present, or future moderator action on the official HOWKEN forums or excessive discussion or debate of the official HOWKEN forums rules.

Really, this should be self explanatory but, alas, it does not seem to be for some persons here. Like, a meme made with the image of an active dev is not only sharing personal information, it can also very quickly become an attack on said person or even a threat.

Other examples include:

- Posting a picture of yourself (Personal Information)
- Telling someone you have a fast car and that your conceiled carry permit is legit in their state (Personal Information, likely Threat)
- Using a different account on the forums (Misleading the community, evading a ban)

Regarding the last point, please keep in mind that people aren't always who or what they seem to be. This forum has seen an influx of players using alternate/troll accounts to convey their opinion as popular opinion.
There's a rule that is as old as internet discussion: The lower the post count, the more valuable the user usually is. Because let's face it, most people with a high post count got to these numbers by bullying other people and by spamming or by excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish.
Sadly, with the advent of forum alts and people trying to evade rightfully enforced bans, this is not always the case anymore. It's a shame that these users are sabotating the forums by this behaviour.
As I said, be aware.

This of course is in no way a complete guide. Feel free to add suggestions but please steer clear of attacking other people or threatening them, let alone discussing the rules or moderator actions.
Because there is really nothing to discuss about and this thread is not meant for that but to help other people enjoy a healthy environment in this forum, because if we all work together, we can make this a much better, safer space.
This is merely meant to help new (and old) users to get along better and act accordingly. Remember: Adaptability is a skill, too.
  • coldform, Nept, Silverfire and 12 others like this
Legal disclaimer: I am not Kindos7 and in no way related to him, neither by birth nor by marriage.
I wish I were him but since I am a skrub I could only be Skrubdos7.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
K
  • Nept and Shade__ like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

There are some parts of this that feel like complete satire, and others that are deadly serious. This confuses me. What are you trying to do?

• LaurenEmily, Rainbow_Sheep and DemitronPrime like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
I grow as people and can even now
  • Nept, Kindos7 and LaurenEmily like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

XFXFuryX

XFXFuryX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Great post, as funny as some parts of it may be, it is a serious subject.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

fantastically irrelevant thus duly dismissed and subsequently executed for treason, finally discarded in a tar pit filled in with sand and paved over

gravestone reads: damned trolls

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
It is also important not to discuss the specifics of body parts, as anything construed as referring to human anatomy or bodily functions inappropriately is a no-no.
  • Nept and DemitronPrime like this

Skrubdos7

Skrubdos7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

There are some parts of this that feel like complete satire, and others that are deadly serious. This confuses me. What are you trying to do?

I am trying to help people and Reloaded to make this a safer and better place. Don't want to be offensive, but did you read my post at all?
If you did, please tell me what confused you. I'd be glad to help.
  • Nept, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 2 others like this
Legal disclaimer: I am not Kindos7 and in no way related to him, neither by birth nor by marriage.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

This is a beautiful post.

• Skrubdos7 likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Me, a valuable user?

I'm just a filthy lurker.

FrGuZpJ.jpg?1

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

This post is way longer than it needs to be. May be you should spend more time writing those? A couple rewrites will get rid of a lot of repetitive/unessesary parts. But regardless of that, great post.

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

Skrubdos7

Skrubdos7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

This post is way longer than it needs to be. May be you should spend more time writing those? A couple rewrites will get rid of a lot of repetitive/unessesary parts. But regardless of that, great post.

Thanks for your constructive criticism.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, i need somebody, rules, guidelines, howken, freedom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users