11 replies to this topic

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

UPDATE!

This version is out of date. Please click HERE to see the new version! (With sound!)

-DingdongJR

Presenting the customisable HAWKEN Desktop Theme! Version 1 By DingdongJR

Lockscreen and Coverscreen wallpaper

Don't you really just hate the fact that you can't change the login screen wallpaper? Well now you can! Included in this file is the two following images and a program that allows you to set a custom image as your lockscreen. Make sure to run it as admin or it won't work! And no, that is not my email, can't be giving away too much now can we? :P

870ed39cb1.png

5379cce157.png

Wallpaper Template

I tried to make it look like the original HAWKEN Menu. I hope you like it. Included in the file is Photoshop ready file to customise with your own details. Simply open it up in photoshop, delete my Mech's image layer and username and insert your own! Or go the extra mile and make several copies, all with different Mech's and different positions. Save them all in a folder and make windows fade between them all!

ae236d4fda.png

Rainmeter and RocketDock integration with a Live RSS feed

For those who have not heard of these amazing two programs, they are quite important for those who wish to deck out their desktop.

RainMeter is the stats on the left hand side. The RSS is actually been customised from a different skin. However, I have set it so that once you have installed RainMeter, you can simply double click the "HAWKEN RSS.rmskin" file and it should automatically install and open. It takes a bit of configuration, but mess around with it enough and you'll get the hang of it. I have set the RSS Feed to the Forums RSS, however you can change and edit these at any time.

RocketDock is the icon dock on the top. It's a bit like the PC version of the Mac dock. Here you can place any Programs and folders you wish. Customise to your liking! I also recommend hiding desktop Icons by right clicking the desktop, view, then clicking "show desktop icons"

251485c441.png

Video Screensaver + Video screensaver installer

I'm sure you would rather have your own favourite Mech as your screensaver, so I have also included in this file a simple install to enable videos as screensavers. Simply right click on the file and hit install. When you go to your screensaver settings it will ask for the video file to be used. Use any capture software to record the game inside the garage and edit it to your liking. 

8302da58fe.png

Font

The HAWKEN font used in my Art related projects is also in the file. It is called kremlin.ttf. Simply right click and install. To disable the special font characters, type using capital letters. 

I have placed all the files into named folders in the Google Drives folder, feel free to download any elements of this little theme I have created.

Click to access the Download Folder

Or Click here to download all of the components in a .rar file!

Have fun, and see you on the battlefield!

Edit: I say Version 1 because I may update it with additional features in the future. If only I had access to the Game's Sound effect files I could implement them into a custom theme. So for example, logging on would play the "Booting up" sound effect that plays when you enter the game. Ah well, maybe for another time.

Edited by DingdongJR, 17 November 2016 - 06:58 PM.

• Robscancer, crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer and 16 others like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

use OBS to record audio+video of the game sounds you want, then use https://cloudconvert.com/to convert it to an audio only format

you now have the in game sounds you are looking for

that is if there isnt a way to extract the audio 

• TurquoiseTortoise and DingdongJR like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

use OBS to record audio+video of the game sounds you want, then use https://cloudconvert.com/to convert it to an audio only format

that is if there isnt a way to extract the audio 

I tried, but even when turning off the music you will never have the pure sound. There will always be something in the background, like the weather effects, ect. 

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
This is actually pretty cool
  • DingdongJR likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

10/10 would be happy to use

• DingdongJR likes this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I tried, but even when turning off the music you will never have the pure sound. There will always be something in the background, like the weather effects, ect. 

o....right....theres no way to turn off ambiance volume in hawken is there, i guess because it would hurt immersion? you may drink now

edit: so not bothering to verify that

Edited by ArchMech, 10 August 2016 - 06:37 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

B4SILISK

B4SILISK

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wow amazing job! btw for who likes changing desktop, here is an icon I made :)
hawken_by_guiroussin-dadbc42.png

• DingdongJR likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

that is if there isn't a way to extract the audio 

Try this.

Edited by Hyginos, 16 August 2016 - 01:14 PM.

• DingdongJR likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

http://www.gildor.or...ts/umodel#filesthis utility can extract data including sounds from the upk files of hawken i tried and it worked

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Hey guys, Updated the file location. You should have access to them again.

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

This is some really good work!

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Holy... are those the actual game files!? Hell yeah! I'll see what I can do. 

Edited by DingdongJR, 17 November 2016 - 08:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Desktop, Theme, Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users