- - - - - Windows Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

So, last night/ this morning my computer running Windows 10 Technical Preview upgraded to Windows 10 build 10074. Spent most the day, you know, actually working and stuff. When it came time to run play some Hawken, Hawken will not start.

When I click to play from any of my steam shortcut/ launch buttons, Hawken.exe will load into my process manager for all of 1.5 seconds before disappearing.

I uninstalled Hawken through steam, then re-installed it.
I uninstalled Hawken through Revo, then re-installed it.

I uninstalled steam and and all steam games, then re-installed steam and hawken, and it still won't launch.

I read somewhere that build 10074 had a known bug about games launching in full screen mode, so I used GeForce Experience to change the game screen mode to windowed instead of full screen, and still Hawken will not launch.

Anyone smarter than me have any ideas about what could be going wrong and how I might fix it?

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Did you already check if there is a Hawken-related error record in Windows' event viewer? If so please post the exact wording of the details in this thread. It might help with narrowing down the cause of the problem.

Edited by ReEvolve, 30 April 2015 - 11:44 AM.

• VisionCloud likes this

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Went straight to installing VisualStudio so I could attach a debugger, your idea is way faster and easier:

Faulting application name: HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe, version: 1.5.3.11507, time stamp: 0x53920a3a

Faulting module name: HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe, version: 1.5.3.11507, time stamp: 0x53920a3a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000a2a3e

Faulting process id: 0x21b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0837f1269827e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe

Report Id: 86d42b8c-88a1-4c00-a11a-6b7d4115e696

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by VisionCloud, 30 April 2015 - 11:54 AM.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Hm, that doesn't seem to help with narrowing down the cause of the problem. :(

I read somewhere that build 10074 had a known bug about games launching in full screen mode, so I used GeForce Experience to change the game screen mode to windowed instead of full screen, and still Hawken will not launch.

Hm, did you already try other ways to launch the game in windowed mode like the "-windowed" launch paramter or by editing the configs? If that doesn't work either I have only two recommendations left: try the common solutions for launch problems and/or open a support ticket.

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Thanks for the help.

Tried all those steps and it still won't launch, guess I will start another support ticket.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

have u tried to run with compatibility mode 

Spoiler

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

there might be a problem with graphics drivers 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm I've been running the newest build (fast track) of Windows 10 for quite some time now. It works fine in mine. But that pretty much means nothing. One person's build will work perfect and one won't. Sorry I can't help you. I have no idea what to do and you're the first post I've seen about it here or on the feedback section of the test build. Kind of like the built in store email app. It worked perfect for so many than one day it decided to not work for about half of them. MS said nothing. No replies, no help. With the new build I found another MS Dev (private) like myself who posted about how to fix it. Did it and now the app functions again. I wish you luck with the game mate. Really sorry to hear that. I know how frustrated I'd be. But I dual boot into Windows 7 and Windows 10. I use a old HD for 10 and 2 SSD's for 7. Now I will say for the most part I actually like 10. I have no problem in taking MS up on their free offer to upgrade my 7 to 10 come the end of July. Woot, free upgrade is good. I'm sure you'll get it fixed mate, hang in there. Either someone here will help if they can or just keep googling and you'll figure it out. Good luck and take care! :D

*edit* Just thought I'd add those are all possible causes. I did have problems with one game a few builds back that I had to go find a OLD build of directX 9 to make it work because the current build does not have the same calls as the old. Example a difference in DirectShow. Good luck.

Edited by Nov8tr, 30 April 2015 - 02:50 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

So I figured it out everyone. There was a sync/ transfer issue with my config file which is stored in my Documents folder which is synced through OneDrive. So it synced/ transferred incorrectly and blew everything up. I deleted everything in the config folder, started Hawken and let it re-build it all, and it works great now!

Thanks everyone for your help and comments.

• ReEvolve and LicSqualo like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

That's great mate! Glad to hear it. I figured you would get it whooped one way or another. Have fun and take care!!

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Nice XD glad you made it XD (A bit late tho XD)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Rainman1953

Rainman1953

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Will Hawken ever be made compatable with windows 10 64 bit? or 35 for that matter ?? Any one know ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows, Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users