Photo

The customisable HAWKEN Desktop Theme 2.0 (Now with Sound!)

* * * * * 8 votes Windows Desktop Theme Sound

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Presenting the customisable HAWKEN Desktop Theme! Version 2.0 By DingdongJR

Sounds and Windows Theme!

Thanks to Hyginos for his supply of the HAWKEN game sounds, I have created a HAWKEN Windows Theme! It took me a while to sort through all the sound files, but I've managed to get together a range of familiar sounds that aren't too intrusive, but still work as intended.

Due to Windows 10 being strange, the login and logoff sound may not work, which is a shame as you won't hear Laila say hello to you. In which case, I do believe there are methods around it online, but that will be down to you to figure out.

I have not forgotten about you Laptop users! You will be notified at low battery, then further at critical. 

To install, download the sounds folder and place it inside C:\Windows\Media. Or, where ever your \Windows\Media file is located. You can also access this by clicking on Settings > Personalise > Themes > Advanced sound settings > Browse.

By placing the folder inside your Windows Media folder, you should then simply be able to open the Theme and have the sounds set.

c2dec013e6.png

Lockscreen and Coverscreen wallpaper

Don't you really just hate the fact that you can't change the login screen wallpaper? Well now you can! Included in this file is the two following images and a program that allows you to set a custom image as your lockscreen. Make sure to run it as admin or it won't work! And no, that is not my email, can't be giving away too much now can we? :P

870ed39cb1.png

5379cce157.png

Wallpaper Template

I tried to make it look like the original HAWKEN Menu. I hope you like it. Included in the file is Photoshop ready file to customise with your own details. Simply open it up in photoshop, delete my Mech's image layer and username and insert your own! Or go the extra mile and make several copies, all with different Mech's and different positions. Save them all in a folder and make windows fade between them all!

ae236d4fda.png

Rainmeter and RocketDock integration with a Live RSS feed

For those who have not heard of these amazing two programs, they are quite important for those who wish to deck out their desktop.

RainMeter is the stats on the left hand side. The RSS is actually been customised from a different skin. However, I have set it so that once you have installed RainMeter, you can simply double click the "HAWKEN RSS.rmskin" file and it should automatically install and open. It takes a bit of configuration, but mess around with it enough and you'll get the hang of it. I have set the RSS Feed to the Forums RSS, however you can change and edit these at any time.

RocketDock is the icon dock on the top. It's a bit like the PC version of the Mac dock. Here you can place any Programs and folders you wish. Customise to your liking! I also recommend hiding desktop Icons by right clicking the desktop, view, then clicking "show desktop icons"

251485c441.png

Video Screensaver + Video screensaver installer

I'm sure you would rather have your own favourite Mech as your screensaver, so I have also included in this file a simple install to enable videos as screensavers. Simply right click on the file and hit install. When you go to your screensaver settings it will ask for the video file to be used. Use any capture software to record the game inside the garage and edit it to your liking. 

8302da58fe.png

Font

The HAWKEN font used in my Art related projects is also in the file. It is called kremlin.ttf. Simply right click and install. To disable the special font characters, type using capital letters. 

I have placed all the files into named folders in the Google Drives folder, feel free to download any elements of this little theme I have created.

Click to access the Download Folder

Or Click here to download all of the components in a .rar file!

Have fun, and see you on the battlefield!

Edited by DingdongJR, 18 November 2016 - 08:36 PM.

• Robscancer, DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and 13 others like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I've never wanted to like a post twice more than this one. 

• Miscellaneous, Amidatelion, DingdongJR and 1 other like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

I've never wanted to like a post twice more than this one.

You could always rate the topic with some stars. :P
  • Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 1 other like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

You done good, fuzzy bunny.

You done good.

• DingdongJR likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Some professional work. You should become a developer. Have my +1.

• WillyW and DingdongJR like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Awesome! I tried (failed) making my own Hawken Windows theme. No where close to the quality as this,

The best work-around I found for the start up sound on Windows 10 is to install WV Player. It is basically a program that plays .wav files in the background without opening a window, then auto-closes after it finishes. Just include the .wav sound file in start up. Make sure to associate .wav files with WV Player, and have the .wav file as the first file to open during start up.

Edited by WillyW, 18 November 2016 - 12:49 PM.

• DingdongJR likes this

2XhpJes.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

what about a rainmeter config/skin that has a hawken theme?

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

what about a rainmeter config/skin that has a hawken theme?

I could try, but I do not have that much knowledge with the development of skins. Getting the RSS feed to work with the fourm's RSS was already a pain in the ass to get right. In any case, if you do make one, or someone else does, I will happily include it into the theme.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

I never realised how satisfying it could be to insert and remove a USB.

CheezZeus

CheezZeus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

well i have 4 more posts til i can post? whatever.  RLD reads the forums.  if they suddenly become re-famed, they should hire you, bro. noshit

• DingdongJR likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows, Desktop, Theme, Sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users