Photo

Updated Player Mech and Loadout is Live!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Well, I´m a new player (20 hours in) and I´m very unhappy since the those 20 hours of my life was just wasted, since one week after i finaly maxed out and unlocked almost everything i wanted for the CR-T, everyone has a free Mech with more itens and internals than my CR-T has, and I had to pay for it.

The early HC points you get from achivements are the only real source of HC for someone who does not play a lot, if i knew this was comming i would never have unlocked the weapons and itens on the CR-T wasting all those precious HC.

A few points on why the idea was bad.

1- CR-T is better than the assault, thats why i had decided to not get a assault. Now that i do have it and played with it a few rounds, I definatly prefer the CR-T.

2- If i had a assault i´d never get the CR-T, unless as some people here sugested one of them had a grenade launcher as a secondary.

3- Playing the naked CR-T and knowing you are the underdog in matches, made all my early kills much more satisfing and made the early game much more fun.

3- As some here already said and I´m going to vouch for it. Make it possible to sell stuff in the game. Even if for 1/3 price tag, I just have to be able to get rid of something i bought and regreted so i don't have to stare at the item and remember my mistake at every login.

The veterans might not be as mad as i am with the free mech, but from what i read on this topic it is evident some action to repair this is needed.

I´m a developer myself so i know adding a sell feature to the hawken system would take time.

My sugestion to a short term solution, make another redeem code that removes the free assault from the account and converts its coresponding value to HC points.

That way, you can please everyone.

1- Who liked the new assault can keep it.

2- Whoever redeemed the assault and thinks it has no place in their accounts can have the HC points instead. (my case)

3- Who didn't redeem the assault, can still redeem it and after that, redeem the second code to remove it and get the HC points too.

What a struggle 4 nothing, dudes... A week playing 1 of the greatest games i've ever played is EVERYTHING but a waste of time, considering the fun u gain doing that. I truly believe this game's going 2 b a legend under the best mech-games. It's second 2 none, and nothing compares 2 it really. I play it now 4 about half a year, own all but the 2 G2 mechs, leveled the majority of them up 2 the max, equipped them up 2 about 95%, and paid EVERYTHING but the special skins with HCs only. Do you have at least a vague idea, how much work it was 2 come so far, and how your complains about "wasted times" sound 2 me??? Can u guess how they sound 2 the alpha veterans even, which played hundreds of hours 2 buy, equip, and tune up their mechs, just 2 find their troublesome uniquely grinded collection of internals totally zeroed and the stats all even after the STEAM launch? I'm not sure i can, but i guess it must have been a shock 2 many of them. Think of that b4 u complain about a free gift from the devs, friend, regardless if it's 2 ur advantage or not. However - i can't moan about the free Assault anyway, 'cause i'm 1 of the very luckers that had no Assault b4, (the CR-T is very similar, so i decided 2 buy the Assault as the last normal mech b4 i get the G2s), so i c the Assault as a gift from CpnJosh. Thx-a-lot CpnJosh. As we played 2gether, u told me u r trying the new beginners Assault loadout actually. Now i could try it myself thanks 2 u, and i had 2 confess, it feels good, it looks good, it's versatile and 4 sure the best mech 2 learn 4 every beginner, even better than the CR-T imho, because of the better armor. Definitely the right decision. Keep the good work up, Cpn. This is my 2 HCs about it.

Regards 2 all,

gArphEus

Coragem

Coragem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The game is great! The best mech game I ever played,don´t get me wrong had much fun in that time indeed.

I´m never going to have all mechs unlocked, I simply don't have the time, I could have spend the HC diferently if i had started with a full loaded mech.

It is great to know the new dev team is getting the game going again, I´m just worried about they taking action out of excitement without analising the impact on all involved parties first.

Can you Imagine how someone who bought a assault last month, leveled and equiped it most be feeling right now? This is the point i was trying to make.

As i said, the code was indeed a great action to call new players.

Just think the idea was not good marketing wise since it pleased new players in detriment of the older ones.

That said, the game is great, I´m gonna play a little more. :D

Great to be able to exchange these ideas on the forum. Hope no ones sees the last post or this post as a pointless rant. Not my intention at all.

Just some constructive criticism to the new dev team be carefull with those marketing actions. Some might do more harm then good.

Edited by Coragem, 03 April 2015 - 09:20 AM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I'm really fuzbun sure Assault is better than Cr-T.

It's less forgiving, but has better stats.

I'm sorry if this has been covered earlier on in the topic, may've missed it.

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Everyone keeps discounting the use of having multiples.

I love having multiples of my favorite mechs, with different load outs and color schemes, each setup for different instances i.e.; I have 6 Scouts, a full coven, by design, that's how many I need. And doubles of many others.

The disadvantage is that I'm never quite sure what internals I'm working with, lol
  • DieselCat likes this

Coragem

Coragem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm really fuzbun sure Assault is better than Cr-T.

It's less forgiving, but has better stats.

I'm sorry if this has been covered earlier on in the topic, may've missed it.

The CR-T has more fuel and much better radar. But is a little slower and a bit less armour. Very balanced game as far as I noticed.

Everyone keeps discounting the use of having multiples.

I love having multiples of my favorite mechs, with different load outs and color schemes, each setup for different instances i.e.; I have 6 Scouts, a full coven, by design, that's how many I need. And doubles of many others.

The disadvantage is that I'm never quite sure what internals I'm working with, lol

This is actually a very nice idea.  :thumbsup:  Keep the CR-T for mid range loadout and the assault already configured to close range maps.

Edit: well if this game had a loadout system like Battlefield does, this would make having doubles completely useless.

Edited by Coragem, 03 April 2015 - 12:05 PM.

mikailah

mikailah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hello im new here at forum and was looking to play again with my hawken spent real money though on the game but i had to stop because of server issues. anyway im from philippines

Coragem

Coragem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I´m from brazil, USeast servers are fine. I find the games overal lag very low.

Wish more Brazilians join the game. so i can play on the brazil servers.

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Well, I´m a new player (20 hours in) and I´m very unhappy since the those 20 hours of my life was just wasted, since one week after i finaly maxed out and unlocked almost everything i wanted for the CR-T, everyone has a free Mech with more itens and internals than my CR-T has, and I had to pay for it.

The early HC points you get from achivements are the only real source of HC for someone who does not play a lot, if i knew this was comming i would never have unlocked the weapons and itens on the CR-T wasting all those precious HC.

Don't feel too bad about your time invested in the game so far, and spending it on the Fred. You are just getting your feet wet. I'm assuming you're having a lot of fun.

There is a lot of depth to the tactics you'll employ, especially if you learn MA and Siege and get on the Hawken teamspeak to get help from friends and vets. You can always improve your skills (play bare reaper deathmatch, or try using only TOWs or only grenades), and you will spend dozens or hundreds more hours learning and playing.

To respond to your statement about not playing a lot, the fastest way to earn HC after you get all those beginner achievements is by doing dailies. Win a co-op bot TDM, MA, SG, and TDM, and leave until tomorrow. Takes about one hour (if you win 'em all 1st try) and gets you 1000 HC bonus on top of your regular HC (approx 800-1000HC). I left Co-op bot destruction and DM out because COBD takes 45 minutes and DM, well, you have to be #1 to get the daily 250HC if that's your goal.

One hour a day isn't so bad; it's what I usually do anyway if there isn't an event going on or if friends aren't around.

Edited by wolfrock, 06 April 2015 - 09:14 AM.

G2R is viable.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I think a viable solution to the qualms stated due to new players starting already (and not getting this mech) and players who want compensation for the new mech granted.

1. Give a code that grants all users the mech.

2. Grant a universal HC boost over a period of time AND/OR a code that grants users a decent amount of HC (give players option of picking one or the other).

But there also needs to be an incentive to purchase a Fred.

Incentive to purchase a Fred?   Well,  they're not that expensive,  look WAY cool,   and they are better scouting and roaming mechs than Assults,  due to better fuel tanks & boost.   When I play a game where I have to move around a lot,  primarily Rocket Attack,  I prefer the better balance of a Fred, than the heavier, thirstier Assult.

• DieselCat likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Don't feel too bad about your time invested in the game so far, and spending it on the Fred. You are just getting your feet wet. I'm assuming you're having a lot of fun.

There is a lot of depth to the tactics you'll employ, especially if you learn MA and Siege and get on the Hawken teamspeak to get help from friends and vets. You can always improve your skills (play bare reaper deathmatch, or try using only TOWs or only grenades), and you will spend dozens or hundreds more hours learning and playing.

To respond to your statement about not playing a lot, the fastest way to earn HC after you get all those beginner achievements is by doing dailies. Win a co-op bot TDM, MA, SG, and TDM, and leave until tomorrow. Takes about one hour (if you win 'em all 1st try) and gets you 1000 HC bonus on top of your regular HC (approx 800-1000HC). I left Co-op bot destruction and DM out because COBD takes 45 minutes and DM, well, you have to be #1 to get the daily 250HC if that's your goal.

One hour a day isn't so bad; it's what I usually do anyway if there isn't an event going on or if friends aren't around.

Good post.   I agree,  for XP,  I like the Siege match, because regardless of your skill level,  you can STILL make XP by delivering EU.  And having only 1 control point instead of the 3 in Rocket Attack, makes it easier to know where to be, and position yourself.  Just,  PLEASE don't make the Noobie mistake of shooting at the battleship....  you only gain MINIMAL xp,  and you're guaranteed to lose.   Fight for that AA!!    Besides that,  yes,  the Daily win HC bonus is the best bet for quick credit.  TDM is quick,  Rocket Attack has a better chance to win than siege,  (Noob mistakes aren't so critical here),   and Siege is a lot of fun!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

hello im new here at forum and was looking to play again with my hawken spent real money though on the game but i had to stop because of server issues. anyway im from philippines

Good to see ya!   Im glad we have players from all over the world!  Don't worry about the $$,  I've spent $$ on this game too,  and happy to support it.   Mainly buying cosmetics,   skins,  different jet flames, dances,  mech section styles,  etc.   Keep on gaming, friend! 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Just thought I'd get my opinion out there:

I'm probably completely misunderstanding what the post is saying, but having the default mech have a metric shitload of things automatically unlocked and installed seems like a bad idea. The repair charge, for instance, costs something around 3824 HC to unlock. Giving new players a bunch of items prevents them from organically progressing and unlocking things, which turns people away from continuing to play in order to unlock new stuff and experiment. I, personally, would suggest only starting it something simple, like an H.E charge.

Just my opinion, please don't hurt me.

Not to pick on this guy, but it's an example of a lot of posts I'm seeing complaining about "Newbies having all this stuff...."     "what about poor me who had to work at it?"    

How do I say this?    I love this game.  I've probably spent $6-700 on it in meteor credits.  Spent well over 250 hours playing.  Have every mech maxed out, workinig on my 2nds.   it's NOT that hard to make HC.   A REMOTELY competent mech pilot should be able to make 1000 HC in 2-3 hours.   Daily bonus awards.  Siege XP leads to extra HC.  A good solid weekend you can easily make about 5000 HC.  3 weekends at 15k HC, will buy you any mech, and a good selection of internals and items. When you think that there are 18 Mechs,  -  I'm maxing my 22nd,  getting in a big fuss over 10k Credits is trivial,  if you just get into the game,  learn it,  learn the different playing styles.... YES,  the lightweight scout,  the up close Raider, the Sharpshooter can take some getting used to at first....  try BOTH Co-op modes,  make some friends,  get into some teamwork... play Tech now and then, if no one else is...  

Just get INTO the game,  enjoy it,   and I PROMISE you'll be making HC in NO TIME!!   want to try the items?   

My suggestion is use 1 mech for a test mule,  I use Fred.   buy him 1 of each item,  and internal,  just to try it,  see if you like it.   Then as you buy more mechs,  you'll know which items you like,  which you don't use.  On your second mech,  have a Defensive teamwork - based loadout for mech #1.  And an offensive, Deathmatch type loadout for mech #2, in case you don't have strong teamwork.  Chat with some of the more experienced players.   Watch a Youtube video or 2.....   Hell,   it took me a while to figure out,  after my Rocketeer aquired lock,  I could fire my rockets AWAY from the enemy to give it a wide berth, to travel AROUND obstacles!!  I was just firing forward for the longest time,  duh.. 

Point is,  get into the game,  enjoy it,  and don't WORRY about a little 10k HC...  once you get your shooter sklls on point, learn the subtleties of each mech, and master your loadouts,  you'll make HC without thinking about it.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Digits

Digits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Even though the mech is now out, I just want to point out that all the players that were there before the "leveling up = unlocked mechs/internals" update have gotten double mechs already. personnally, I got almost every single mech twice, so having a third assault isn't a problem.

• DieselCat likes this

Nanasama

Nanasama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I would like better upgrades on my CRT.....

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Only just found out about this code... is it expired?

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Try it and find out, don't think it is.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

3 user(s) are reading this topic