• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

HoneyBoomBoom

HoneyBoomBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

This is really trivial in comparison to some of the other aspects of the game, but it's something that I have wished for while bouncing back and forth between east and west servers and trying to keep my beloved West Coast (Best Coast!) alive.

I have a couple of ideas, one expanding on the functionality currently available, and the other requiring (possibly) new functionality.

Currently, the friends list has three categories (IIRC): 

• Online Friends
  • Offline/Pending Friends
  • Recent Players

It would be great if we could have user-defined categories and the ability to assign a friend to a category.  For me, it would be really helpful to have "East Coast" and "West Coast Best Coast" categories where I could place all of the players I've met playing on east servers into the first, and all my favorite Westies in the latter.  It would make it much easier to figure out which players would be more likely to join me when I'm trying to get a game going on west.  

The other idea would be to leave the friends list categories as they are, but adding the ability for players to tag the players in their friends list.  So, instead of a separate category, I could just tag them with "WCBC", "east", "BFF", or some other relatively-short tag that would appear alongside their name in my friends list.  Steam offers something similar, so I tag friends there with their Hawken names in order to pester them into quitting whatever other game they might be playing (as if) and join me in a west game.  

One last thing... it would be awesome if I could send a mass invitation rather than having to invite X number of players individually.  Whether that's just being able to pick multiple people with the current friends list set up (I think you can select multiple players when inviting to a party, so similar to that if I'm not mistaken), or - if any of the ideas above were ever implemented - inviting by category or tag.

Like I said, I know it's a trivial thing but, as someone that adds just about EVERY player I see on the west coast servers to my friends list as well as players I've enjoyed playing with on east, it would be helpful to be able to sort them all out.

• crockrocket and LaurenEmily like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I-approve-baby-with-pipe-meme.jpg

Adding nicknames is a useful function on steam friends itself, and categories would be great.

I mean I could have "Random people that added me" and "People I added because I got crushed by them" and "Other"

It would be a flawless system :3

Anyway inviting everyone from a single group would be very useful to make scrims etc easier to set up.

• HoneyBoomBoom likes this

Spoiler

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

This is really trivial in comparison to some of the other aspects of the game, but it's something that I have wished for while bouncing back and forth between east and west servers and trying to keep my beloved West Coast (Best Coast!) alive.

I have a couple of ideas, one expanding on the functionality currently available, and the other requiring (possibly) new functionality.

Currently, the friends list has three categories (IIRC): 

• Online Friends
  • Offline/Pending Friends
  • Recent Players

It would be great if we could have user-defined categories and the ability to assign a friend to a category.  For me, it would be really helpful to have "East Coast" and "West Coast Best Coast" categories where I could place all of the players I've met playing on east servers into the first, and all my favorite Westies in the latter.  It would make it much easier to figure out which players would be more likely to join me when I'm trying to get a game going on west.  

The other idea would be to leave the friends list categories as they are, but adding the ability for players to tag the players in their friends list.  So, instead of a separate category, I could just tag them with "WCBC", "east", "BFF", or some other relatively-short tag that would appear alongside their name in my friends list.  Steam offers something similar, so I tag friends there with their Hawken names in order to pester them into quitting whatever other game they might be playing (as if) and join me in a west game.  

One last thing... it would be awesome if I could send a mass invitation rather than having to invite X number of players individually.  Whether that's just being able to pick multiple people with the current friends list set up (I think you can select multiple players when inviting to a party, so similar to that if I'm not mistaken), or - if any of the ideas above were ever implemented - inviting by category or tag.

Like I said, I know it's a trivial thing but, as someone that adds just about EVERY player I see on the west coast servers to my friends list as well as players I've enjoyed playing with on east, it would be helpful to be able to sort them all out.

This sounds good and all, but just one thing. Can we have a chat that won't break in a moments notice? Or one that won't constantly disconnect/reconnect over and over again? I think chat/friends list stablity needs to be questioned before improving it. Because right now it's broken, real broken.

tTIViUr.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

This sounds good and all, but just one thing. Can we have a chat that won't break in a moments notice? Or one that won't constantly disconnect/reconnect over and over again? I think chat/friends list stablity needs to be questioned before improving it. Because right now it's broken, real broken.

My chat works fine, yours might be broken or something. I think there might be a fix for broken chat around here somewhere, don't remember for sure.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

My chat works fine, yours might be broken or something. I think there might be a fix for broken chat around here somewhere, don't remember for sure.

I've run the fix multiple times and it still breaks. I can be talking to someone and herp derp chat goes dead for no reason at all.

It's been broken like that for a long time, a long long time.

tTIViUr.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: friends list, friends, list, suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users