• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Nobody likes the console UI so its going to change but for now it is what it is. Just photo shop your own UI into your mind and pretend that is what you see..

scale seems almost correct but i would make her larger. 

I could phtoshop whole worlds into my mind and just quit games for good  :pirate:

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

im looking forward to the update but i just hope you guys rework the leaderboard at some point. i can honestly say thats the only thing im disappointed with right now. right now its whoever puts in more time is at top and thats pretty boring. need more stats instead of just total kills.

• Miscellaneous, peacecraftSLD, Nov8tr and 4 others like this

Ukabix

Ukabix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

So am I still waiting

for devs to get updating

can't find a good reason

why devs would be deceivin'.

And... Everybody now :)

On AWOL from Hawken until -deadline undisclosed-.

If you happen to play Mechwarrior Online and would like to hook up, you are welcome to find me there. Cheers.

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

im looking forward to the update but i just hope you guys rework the leaderboard at some point. i can honestly say thats the only thing im disappointed with right now. right now its whoever puts in more time is at top and thats pretty boring. need more stats instead of just total kills.

Need full stats so people can Moneyball the s*** out of teams

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Signing out.

EDIT: but current PC ui is still much better than console version :P

and i breathed a sigh of relief the hawken time when the Tree went away.  Then went Ohfuzzy bunnyngGAWD when RLD created another bastard of fucntion TREE

• Nov8tr and MCX_TheRockMachine like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Why were those databases not backed up? I manage a small number of servers and 12 databases and I keep multiple full backups and incrementals running on them all the time. I know you said your host is the problem, but as a host reliable backups should be common sense. Its just not worth the liability and storage is cheap.

Even a restore from an old backup should be more acceptable than the described 'nightmare situation'

Edited by TangledMantis, 20 April 2017 - 07:13 PM.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Why were those databases not backed up? I manage a small number of servers and 12 databases and I keep multiple full backups and incrementals running on them all the time. I know you said your host is the problem, but as a host reliable backups should be common sense. Its just not worth the liability and storage is cheap.

Even a restore from an old backup should be more acceptable than the described 'nightmare situation'

The database backend wasn't hosted by us, and it was a custom-made nosql database. Simply put, any data restoration efforts would have to be done by a third party, which was the reason for moving off of them in the first place.

Our new postgres backend is much more reliable and has on-site backups and offsite backups going, and is backed by an industry-standard solution.

• coldform, EM1O, Nov8tr and 4 others like this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

When was the new postgres backend deployed?

Do you have a plan in place for dealing with account problems that predate that deployment?

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

When was the new postgres backend deployed?

Do you have a plan in place for dealing with account problems that predate that deployment?

September of 2016.

I have mentioned the plan for accounts affected prior to that, and it's going to be customer support.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

just curious:  we've seen sporadic gripes from some (CB) vets, and players with pre-Ascension accts (such as i have) that came back, had all evidence of their existence wiped, submitted Requests as all good lootle peelotts should, and months have passed with no replies.

is this is case of bad business conduct, or just grumpers that never posted "Hey! It got fixed! All my stuffs are back!"

enquiring mineds want to know.... :yes:

nRJ1C9n.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Fair enough EM1O, everything between 1st closed beta and they say around June of next year gone. All my time, all my well everything. (mostly) Including my beta skin. They did give me what they showed I had after that in stuff to buy most of it again. So no, did not get all my "stuffs back". Still want my beta skin. I was told I would get it as soon as they could find it in the data base. Then told to stop asking. Then opened a post in the help section. It was closed and told to file a request, which I had already done a few time for the last year before that post. (C5 was nice about it as least) But no response to my request and no beta skin. And finally was told to wait for the new version coming. That was months ago. Soooooooo yeah. :wallbash:

• EM1O likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I cannot find where anyone from the dev team (primarily thinking of CZeroFive) has confirmed that PC players/vets WILL get to keep their existing mechs and their loadouts/weapons... or any details of exactly what that means.

With the changes I've seen for the consoles - and this next update being about "parity"... I simply don't see the mechs we have remaining the way they are.  From what I can find to read (between the lines), I'd say it sounds like "PC players will not lose any of the mechs in their garage, but those mechs will match the counterparts in the new version of Hawken."  So, and this is still just a guess, if you have a Vanguard, for example, I'd guess that we're going to find that it now has the P4P4... and so forth.

CZeroFive, could you set me straight on this subject?

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 26 April 2017 - 04:42 PM.

• EM1O likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Although having our mechs in their current configuration would be nice and I would look forward to that, admittedly bringing everything current would be the logical thing to do in development. :/ 

On that note, people who spent actual money on custom chassis parts will definitely be expecting loads of MC restored to their accounts - as well as MC spent to unlock weapons that may no longer be part of a specific mechs' load out. Its one thing to decide if you're going to use MC or HC to unlock a weapon, its another to spend MC on said weapon only to have its existence on that mech then revoked without compensation. 

Although a unified experience makes sense, letting players keep what they have would be the safest way to 'shut them up' and move forward. No matter what approach you take to compensation, they're going to have to contend with people who are not going to be accepting of it and may bring the games reputation down. The server problems, delayed releases, NDAs, shaky acquisitions, broken timelines and inconsistent communications have passed so far with some skeptic eyes and abated breath. If they go forward and yank everyone's stuff, bought with money they spent assuming they were supporting this game, it could be really bad. 

Or maybe it wont be anything at all. Personally, i'll be disappointed and probably wont spend anymore money, but I wont quit the game or badmouth it to new players.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I cannot find where anyone from the dev team (primarily thinking of CZeroFive) has confirmed that PC players/vets WILL get to keep their existing mechs and their loadouts/weapons... or any details of exactly what that means.

With the changes I've seen for the consoles - and this next update being about "parity"... I simply don't see the mechs we have remaining the way they are.  From what I can find to read (between the lines), I'd say it sounds like "PC players will not lose any of the mechs in their garage, but those mechs will match the counterparts in the new version of Hawken."  So, and this is still just a guess, if you have a Vanguard, for example, I'd guess that we're going to find that it now has the P4P4... and so forth.

CZeroFive, could you set me straight on this subject?

I would, really, appreciate at least some small comment on this subject.  Even if it's just to say, "we're not currently going to say which direction the port of existing PC mechs into the new build will take.", that would be fine.

Please?

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Wait so all the custom mech parts I've spent hundreds on will be gone once PC is updated? I've customized nearly every mech I own, that's fuzzy bunnyng ridiculous even if I do get all my mc back.. the money isn't a concern but I've come to adore my custom mechs, that's exactly why I spent so much on all of them. I want a unique looking mech that I've come up with myself and such :c

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 28 April 2017 - 10:04 PM.

• dorobo and DieselCat like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

(edit did not realise the second page)

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 30 April 2017 - 03:21 PM.

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Wait so all the custom mech parts I've spent hundreds on will be gone once PC is updated? I've customized nearly every mech I own, that's fuzzy bunnyng ridiculous even if I do get all my mc back.. the money isn't a concern but I've come to adore my custom mechs, that's exactly why I spent so much on all of them. I want a unique looking mech that I've come up with myself and such :c

You won't lose anything on the relaunch. Only functionality will be changed.

All weapons, internals, cosmetics and items will morph to the new console versions of the appropriate type automatically when the relaunch happens. In the case where we restricted a few cosmetic chassis options, PC users who have purchased the cosmetics will simply keep the option to equip those if they purchased them prior to the relaunch.

We may revisit the restricted chassis purchasing options at a later date so new players can get the same cosmetic options.

Edited by CZeroFive, 30 April 2017 - 05:18 PM.

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

All weapons, internals, cosmetics and items will morph to the new console versions 

with extensive documentation posted at least 7 business days in advance i hope...

potential for loss of functionality not included 

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

We may revisit the restricted chassis purchasing options at a later date so new players can get the same cosmetic options.

please do  :)

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 30 April 2017 - 07:13 PM.

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

All weapons, internals, cosmetics and items will morph to the new console versions of the appropriate type automatically when the relaunch happens. In the case where we restricted a few cosmetic chassis options, PC users who have purchased the cosmetics will simply keep the option to equip those if they purchased them prior to the relaunch.

Pardon me for being both dense and persistent... but can I ask for this to be more clarified to help answer to my guess that PC players will keep the mechs and the levels of items they've got currently, but that the mechs will change to match the console versions.  As in my previous example, a PC player who has a fully equipped Vanguard with all items and internals purchased will still have "all", but the secondary will change to a P4P4 B34R and the item and internal slots will change to match whatever is in those same slots on the new console Hawken?

In other words, PC players won't be able to keep playing our current mechs exactly as they are - they will be as they are in console?

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Pardon me for being both dense and persistent... 

a PC player who has a fully equipped Vanguard with all items and internals purchased will still have "all", but the secondary will change to a P4P4 B34R and the item and internal slots will change to match whatever is in those same slots on the new console Hawken?

What happens with Flak Scout, C05?

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Flak scout, as well as all other PC mech configurations, are valid in Howken. And it has full item/internal customisation, with the exception that you are limited to 2 items.

In Puppet's example above, the vanguard owner would see nothing change, save being unable to equip a third item, if they had one. I assume it would go back into the garage. The BBY, I assume, would have to be bought. Or maybe not. Who cares, it's a party trick. But CZero has been pretty clear that no functionality will be lost.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Nothing happens to it. You can equip from a list of primaries in Hawken and internals and items aren't locked anymore. I don't know why some folks thought that was the case still, but I am happy to clear it up.

• Amidatelion and (PS4)frostdragon2013 like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

TY.  I usually only carry two items anyway - hitting the 3 key is problematic in a fight.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Still no direct answer for me.  Okay... maybe I'm just incredibly thick.

• TangledMantis likes this

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

No. They are avoiding being clear. Its just usual Hawken. Dont get too pressing with your questions and specifics though or you might end up like SS.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

No. They are avoiding being clear. Its just usual Hawken. Dont get too pressing with your questions and specifics though or you might end up like SS.

No, you can be as pressing or specific as you want, just don't go around being rude or overtly aggressive about it.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Still no direct answer for me.  Okay... maybe I'm just incredibly thick.

What is not clear about my statement? Here's additional information.

The secondary isn't a P4P4 B34R even on consoles for the Vanguard. There are multiple primary weapons to choose from on consoles. You will keep any and all items and internals you have purchased. Items and internals are interchangeable on consoles. 2 items can be equipped at a time on consoles as each item takes up 3 slots. You can equip as many internals as you want, provided they are not two of the same ranking (ie; Repair Kit and Advanced Repair Kit) and that they fit within your mech.

All of the existing PC items will morph into the console version of the stats on items. If something doesn't fit in terms of items or internals, they will be unequipped on your first login and you can simply re-equip them again. No item loss will be happening.

Edited by CZeroFive, 04 May 2017 - 10:10 AM.

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Ok. I see the confusion here. C05 said we wont lose anything on relaunch, just functionality will change. 

That means, for good or bad, something will be lost. We will still see the same polygons and textures being rendered - whether the weapon works as they had been will be the thing we need to find out. They will be 'morphin' to the console design.

We will lose what we had and gain something different. Unless weapons and specs are not modified, something will be lost. Wordplay. 

TL;DR - dont expect your mechs to function the same post-relaunch as they did pre-relaunch. What those changes are we will not know until its over. Miniflak might fire bananas for all we know, but you will STILL have a miniflak you can equip regardless. Thats what hes saying.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Still not clear on what that means for mechs that have a different secondary on console vs PC.

Does my assault keep a TOW? Does my Gren keep a GL and a real ability? Will my G2 Raider turn into a Marauder or will it become a G2 raider?

Edited by wischatesjesus, 05 May 2017 - 05:46 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Still not clear on what that means for mechs that have a different secondary on console vs PC.

Does my assault keep a TOW? Does my Gren keep a GL and a real ability? Will my G2 Raider turn into a Marauder or will it become a G2 raider?

Yes those will be like a unique veteran combinations that we will get to keep. At least that was promised.

Edited by dorobo, 05 May 2017 - 06:54 AM.

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

As long as my CRT Recruit, G2 Assault, and my Alpha skins stay, then I'm good.

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

CZ, Please tell me the OG Rev Grenadier is going to make a return!

And bouncing grenades!

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

NoV8tr:  direct them to DieselCat for CB Skins files.  he also has the gold Vanguard Initiative badge, pyro hog drone, and the massive poluting rockets

good luck

i'm old enough to know who you are, and you are honestly attempting redemption of your property here, unfortunately my modest schizophrenia and short/long term memory disfunction won't be a good reference for you

Edited by EM1O, 05 May 2017 - 06:03 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

nRJ1C9n.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Well Hell is obviously a frozen mess now cuz I got a email from Josh. I finally have my beta skin back. Just made my day. :cool:

• crockrocket, EM1O, DieselCat and 4 others like this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Voila!  i should have thought of all those CA/CB participants, whose Stuff is still on file, months ago when this all started to gum up. duh--brain fart. 

Grats, bro!

Edited by EM1O, 09 May 2017 - 02:28 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

nRJ1C9n.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts