17 replies to this topic

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

17pv5n.jpg

this thread is for all the forums lurkers that kept a weathered eye and never forgot the dream! I personally haven't played (expect for a couple sweet 32 mans this past weekend) in well over a year.

Who else is back? Drop some memes, some wudups and maybe some knowledge

• breadeffect and Zdragow like this

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
How much can you confirm it is actually happening though?

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I've been checking forums normally every 3-4 times a week since 2014. But never replied on any. Literally had my hopes down in mid 2016 and now welp :') tears of joy. I hope the old hawken veterans do come back

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
ATTENTION.

THIS IS NOW THE PANIC/FAQ THREAD.

POST YOUR QUESTIONS/FREAKOUTS HERE. DO NOY USE OTHER THREADS.

IN AN EFFORT TO MITIGATE SPAM AND SHITPOSTING, PLEASE POST HERE
  • crockrocket likes this

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I've been checking forums normally every 3-4 times a week since 2014. But never replied on any. Literally had my hopes down in mid 2016 and now welp :') tears of joy. I hope the old hawken veterans do come back

I took a break,  but I'm back playing,  and I see a LOT of us old veterans are still hanging around, even if some are still doing other games. 

We'll see how good this update is....  I've always loved the game and still do!  My main gripe is unbalanced teams,  and I STILL say they should throw a bot in to a man down team,  as filler,   until a new human player shows up.

• Zavier_ likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Well, everything seems to be working, so far... but not being able to access the garage from a game lobby is sure annoying.

Also, I'm confused why I can't find a Siege or MA match when the first message I got from the new interface was that Ranked is not happening in TDM.  Huh?

EDIT:  Nevermind anything else... I cannot play Siege.  When trying to play a Siege match, I cannot pick any of my mechs, even ones I just bought, and "Launch".  Every mech says something about mismatch.

Good news:

The voice is working pretty well so far... but not being able to mute players while game is in progress is sure frustrating.  There's always that one guy who has the sensitivity way up and is busy chewing food and drinking and breathing heavy.

So... I applaud a mostly successful re-launch and look forward to learning more about these new mechs (like the Vytro - I just can't figure out how to make that thing functional in battle.)

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 23 May 2017 - 09:35 PM.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

and the unfocused bug is back for me.  I had this problem with every other build in test - if I alt-tab out of the game, I cant return to the game without it hanging to the point where windows wants to stop the process due to apphang.

this kept getting fixed, only to break again.

plz.  this is a dealbreaker for me - I can't be responsive to the discord if I want to play hawken, and I can't play hawken if I need to respond to discord.  I'm stuck in mod hell.

Edited by coldform, 23 May 2017 - 08:52 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I guess I'll try out the game again. Main reason I left was because of awful server response and feel. 

Look forward to a stream sometime soon.

• Zdragow likes this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Can't login....When using the link for Legacy Acct, it will not let me complete my password, will not accept any numbers in the password. Once a number of the password is entered it moves directly to try and login, which of course it can't because it won't allow the password to be completed.

Next issue is, once in the login screen, I'm not able to exit out unless I use Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I have 2 Legacy accounts and can't login on either one.

So far I'm experiencing issues from the get-go with the new update...Though the intro for 505 Games, Unreal and the video clip were a bit cool and a welcome change.

Haven't even got to the game yet and don't know what other probs await there...C05...hope you guys can get these issues resolved.... :sad:

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Can't login....When using the link for Legacy Acct, it will not let me complete my password, will not accept any numbers in the password. Once a number of the password is entered it moves directly to try and login, which of course it can't because it won't allow the password to be completed.

Next issue is, once in the login screen, I'm not able to exit out unless I use Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I have 2 Legacy accounts and can't login on either one.

So far I'm experiencing issues from the get-go with the new update...Though the intro for 505 Games, Unreal and the video clip were a bit cool and a welcome change.

Haven't even got to the game yet and don't know what other probs await there...C05...hope you guys can get these issues resolved.... :sad:

have you tried to copy/paste your password? ctrl+c/ctrl+v?

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

No...but I did create a new password ....and still didn't work

and ctrl C / ctrl V password didn't work either....crap !

Edited by DieselCat, 23 May 2017 - 09:38 PM.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

No mute midgame? Thats really bad.

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Decided to come out of lurking when C05 was hinting towards this update about a week ago.

Now I just have yet to play the new update.

EDIT: Jumped in, here's my thoughts.

Mech Web: Clunky and feels haphazard. I almost think it could stand a redesign.

Mech Grid: Also clunky. Feels cluttered and things sort of blend into each other. I actually missed a few mechs looking over it the first time. For a new player I would completely understand if they felt overwhelmed with how this is presented. Honestly, I'd prefer it it was similar to what it was before the redesign.

Customization: Feels a bit awkward to navigate. Might just be due to the sheer size of the interface and how much screen each option takes up. Feels like a leftover from consoles.

That's about all I fiddled around with. Not enough time to diddle with combat, but that'll come tomorrow. Next I'll just post some comments and questions.

1: Are camos/thrusters/cosmetics still global purchases? I'm hesitant to put down the MC to find out just yet, but the interface doesn't seem to show whether they are or not. Anyone braver able to confirm? Nevermind. I've solved my own idiocy.

2: I'm not sure how to feel about getting rid of "other mech upper" cosmetics. Say I have a Berserker and I want to change the upper to a Technician upper. Completely cosmetic, but it is no longer possible. At least, it wasn't for me. Any uppers that I purchased before the update are still hanging around, though. I can understand the thought process of not allowing changes to the upper, so as to help players identify exactly what mech they are fighting.

But then we go take a look at the "energy" parts. Seriously? It's going to be almost impossible to identify what the mech is if it's fully tricked out with "energy". Maybe by weapons, maybe. In the midst of combat (unless the mech icon is displayed next to the health bar) it'll just seem like generic A-class, generic B-class, generic C-class. Whatever floats your boat, though.

3: It doesn't appear possible to purchase multiples of the same mech. Why anyone would want to do this? Ask anyone that has 50+ mechs. If this feature is still in, then I have missed it.

4: Emoji holotaunts.

Spoiler

That's all for now. If I come across anything else I guess I'll add it. Combat comes tomorrow.

Edited by Zdragow, 24 May 2017 - 01:29 PM.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Near as I can tell the new menus are worse in every way in terms of functionality. Aesthetically not too bad though.

Where is my chat box?

• popeco likes this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
When in console do as consolers do, dis their moms over voip, no typing in chatbox

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'm happy that we're seeing signs of further PC Hawken development. I'll also wait for the kinks to get worked out before I consider playing it again.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

breadeffect

breadeffect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

this thread is for all the forums lurkers that kept a weathered eye and never forgot the dream! I personally haven't played (expect for a couple sweet 32 mans this past weekend) in well over a year.

Who else is back? Drop some memes, some wudups and maybe some knowledge

Interro!  Whatup?

Edited by breadeffect, 25 May 2017 - 09:11 PM.

• Interrobang87 likes this

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Interro!  Whatup?

prykza.jpg

Whadup my dood?

Loving seeing you and some other old names in here

0 user(s) are reading this topic