71 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Hey folks,

We're rolling out the PC relaunch update as you may have seen. This is *not* the final version of the PC relaunch update and everything is subject to change. This is a soft launch period that will last a bit of time, and I stress that this is not the final version of the game. There will be lots of bugs, and we will be fixing them as soon as we can. Expect several patches this week and the weeks to follow.

Please post any feedback you have regarding the softlaunch period in the "General Discussion" area of the forums. We will be working hard with the community on fixing issues that may arise in both the community-run Discord server and the forums, as well as customer support.

Thanks for supporting us, and we'll see you ingame.

CZeroFive

• FRX23, Nachoeslach, Nept and 22 others like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Thank god for that..

• claisolais and Pandabaron like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Also, because we had to pester you for them in test, gonna do it in prod too:

PATCH NOTES PLZ

• coldform, Miscellaneous, Zdragow and 3 others like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Also, because we had to pester you for them in test, gonna do it in prod too:

PATCH NOTES PLZ

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Things that jumped out to me are:
- Can't use mouse-scroll in menus

- The color change is super horrible. The sky colors went from lively and warm to cold and dark in all maps.

• XPloyt, claisolais, Xer06siX and 1 other like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I think now is the time to cash in on my vacation days from work.

The_Crab

The_Crab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The launch button when in-game is obnoxious right now, and very clearly designed for ease of use on Console. If you select a mech and then move your cursor to the launch button, it will select all the mechs that you move the cursor over - meaning your top left-most mech is selected!

The short term fix is just double-clicking the desired mech

Edit: Fixed! Good job~

Edited by Lloyd_Asplund, 29 May 2017 - 05:05 AM.

• talon70, LaurenEmily, ROBOT120807 and 2 others like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

C05,

The server tick rate does NOT FEEL STABLE.  The game feels like it speeds up/slows down to me, and several others have commented the same.

Hitreg in general feels worse (lower tick rate?), but I get hit harder by more people.  Leaving item/damage values aside, something makes it harder to judge distance for detonating TOWs/Grenades.

For the love of all that is Holy, change the UI sizes and let us pick the mech we want to be first on the selection, and ditch the 'roll over a mech selects that mech' and the need for a PC player to click on the mech he wants instead of 'Launch' and launching into the wrong mech.

There is no between-match chat any more, and a new instance of a map wipes the chat history.

• FRX23, talon70, ROBOT120807 and 2 others like this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Friga

Friga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Everything is too big in my opinion. When I switched from the default resolution to 1920 x 1080 I couldn't move the cursor to the screen's edges, only in the limited window. I presume the resolution was changed but not for the cursor. And the colors in the game are too dark.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

This is a bug that was fixed in testing.  Unsure why it returned.

• Amidatelion, Xer06siX and DingdongJR like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Everything is too big in my opinion. When I switched from the default resolution to 1920 x 1080 I couldn't move the cursor to the screen's edges, only in the limited window. I presume the resolution was changed but not for the cursor. And the colors in the game are too dark.

I found that after changing screen resolutions, it seemed that my mouse cursor was stuck inside some invisible bounding box. I had to tab around to change the res back to fix it. 

Also, my game screen is in the middle of a black box. I have about 3" of black screen around my game content. Changing resolutions just scales the new resolution down into that box. Screen doesnt even flicker during mode changes. 

What exactly were the playtesters 'testing' ?

Edited by TangledMantis, 24 May 2017 - 11:23 AM.

• Charcoal likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Ok, this is the second fuzzing time you've posted this so I suggest you fuzzing read my thread. Like other things, this was caught, reported and fixed and we don't know why it's broke again.

So please show some fuzzing courtesy.

Edited by Amidatelion, 24 May 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Well im stoked regardless, congrats again to all who made it this far through the rabbit hole

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Arkhaun, 24 May 2017 - 11:46 AM.

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Here's a sample of some of the feedback a play tester provided on the 16th of May, quoted verbatim from the feedback log:

Attempting to change the resolution caused the mouse to get stuck in the upper left quadrant of the screen. 
Setting the resolution manually in the ini seemed to get me around this.

Anyway, I'm really not very happy about not being able to tell what weapons, items, and internals my mechs have once in a server. The mouse over text just gives generic mech info and selecting the mech launches it. Additionally I can't seem to find the option to rename my mechs.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 24 May 2017 - 11:54 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

looks likes smog-locked L.A. when i was a kid.

start up sound in mode switch/garage/match sounds like Max Headroom (i know this dates me)

i can't find or play my "reward" mech Laila gave me. not a prob--it would just be goofy to have 6 anyway.

i selected my rank6 vanguard so i could play and buy a g2.  respawned me in my puck-head Fred instead wtf? is this a bug or is there a setting for this somewhere?

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

diablo878

diablo878

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Please give the G2-marauder XT weapons please Because He is WEAK!

G1 is stronger...

Edited by diablo878, 28 May 2017 - 12:41 PM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

bedlam, absolute bedlam 

• Brother3J and TangledMantis like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Minimizing Hawken via full-screen caused the hud to be closer to the center upon restoring(...I kind of liked having the radar close to my retical).

The hit-reg issues seemed to have started after the may 16th update, so it's not just a PC issue.

I was not capable of buying the G2 Jobs last night, but I'm going to try here shortly.

Still feel the Ord was unrightfully nerfed. Maybe the hit-reg issue made it more difficult than it needed to be. There were plenty of instances where it appeared I was hitting the targets, but no dice. Last night there was one instance on Bunker where the pressure instantly flipped on me once I was down enough health, then everyone pounced on me, and I died in the split of a second.

Oh, and what's the deal with eoc pucks blowing up on impact with ceilings and walls?

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

My ping said 60 and behaved like 200, but I'm gonna try dermax's nonsense to try to sort that weirdness out.

It's been a year since I last played, so I don't really notice any of the gameplay tweaks, sadly.  I do like the little 3rd person messaround mode in the beginning, though.

Having voice is nice!  Been too long.

Pretty much any instance where you're asked to choose a mech of yours or to purchase is confusing and bad.

The interface for choosing a mech to launch/respawn with is absolute butt and needs to be thrown in a hole.  Let me order my mechs, or at least let me just press go to launch without it changing my mech by mousing over the selections without pressing any actual buttons.

I haven't tried or gotten any of the new mechs, so we'll see how that plays out.  Pretty sure my mmr is already toast, and I don't care enough to make another steam account for one of my old alts, so I'll just feed it to the dog and see if I can't get back in the game.  Kinda sucks having MMR that doesn't reflect my ability to play at all anymore since my team just wipes, but I'm slightly comforted by knowing my team is at least miserable as well.

Once I feel like I'm not playing with oven mitts of ping and rust, I'll see if my opinion changes.

Edited by comic_sans, 24 May 2017 - 04:44 PM.

• Zdragow, -Tj- and ROBOT120807 like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Brother3J

Brother3J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

So far it looks like utter crap. You didn't have to change this much.  Performance is terrible looks and plays worse then the alpha.  Trying to remain optimistic....just got an update tried to log in told me my game wasn't updated. Verified the files game launched and couldn't connect. 

Edited by Brother3J, 24 May 2017 - 05:10 PM.

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

i think the company 505 games has the final say in some degree i would assume. in terms of bugs and glitches arnt that bad as much as i thought the only issue with a glitch when i try to enter a match it says sync account and the game freezes mybe 1 of 4 game servers i enter. i think there is also a sound bug cause i cant hear things like the repair torch on the tech. in terms of the soft launch i don't understand some of the choices that was made it just seemed werd and misplaced this should have been resolved with the testers and not be a issue.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

i think the company 505 games has the final say in some degree i would assume. in terms of bugs and glitches arnt that bad as much as i thought the only issue with a glitch when i try to enter a match it says sync account and the game freezes mybe 1 of 4 game servers i enter. i think there is also a sound bug cause i cant hear things like the repair torch on the tech. in terms of the soft launch i don't understand some of the choices that was made it just seemed werd and misplaced this should have been resolved with the testers and not be a issue.

There are many bugs playtesters did not encounter prior to the patch that are being encountered now.  Likewise, there are also some bugs that were resolved during playtesting but returned after the patch.  Furthermore, there are some bugs that were encountered during playtesting and were not resolved.

Suffice to say, the devs know there are a lot of persistent bugs.

• Luaq likes this

lNM7VnC.png

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

silver, in terms of the soft launch i was referring to the UI its bad :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by William_Adama, 24 May 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

silver, in terms of the soft launch i was referring to the UI its bad :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The devs know that the UI isn't ideal.  It's also not the final iteration.

• Nachoeslach, Luaq and Bad_BennyAK like this

lNM7VnC.png

Brother3J

Brother3J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I guess we will have to wait for some performance updates. Game is unplayable for me. Not at all impressed.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Unlike so many others, the frame rate was solid on my system last night.

The problems I had were little annoyances like:

• No garage once loaded into a match.
  • Sometimes see a message in upper left of screen during match that says, "Lighting needs to be redrawn." (what?)
  • Mouse wheel doesn't scroll many of the menus
  • Cannot mute players once a match has started - only from pre-game or post-game lobby.
  • BIG ONE:  Sometimes could not actually play a Siege match because, no matter which mech I chose, I got the message about mismatched parts.
  • Could not find a way to select which mech to start a match with, had to start with mech I was last viewing in the "Mechs" menu... then could change between deaths.  (This could just be my overlooking something)
  • Rollover to select mechs between deaths was really annoying and caused many accidental choices.
  • The UI elements are HUGE.  Shouldn't these scale with my monitor resolution choices... or a slider?
  • All of enemy team left a match, but there was no option to press F12 to switch teams.
  • Some weird "Say Msg (F string)" message appearing behind the chat type box when typing.
  • The Raider... the Corsair animation is way off from the actual reload rate
  • No way to text chat while dead during a match.  You actually have to be active in a live mech, playing to use text chat.

The not having the garage while in a lobby is actually causing an exacerbation of the problem of people leaving after every match.  This was already a plague that caused most of the matchmaking balance problems - and now it's even worse.

But, still, like I said at the beginning, I am getting a solid, maximum frame rate with all graphics settings set to Ultra and every effect turned on.  Before the update, I had to lower and turn off a bunch of settings to be able to maintain 55-60.  So, that's a great improvement in my book.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 24 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

• Nachoeslach, Bad_BennyAK, ROBOT120807 and 1 other like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

The devs know that the UI isn't ideal.  It's also not the final iteration.

Agreed.  While I'm now wild about the UI,  unless it's a detriment, who cares?   I can accept "different",  especially if it brings in many console gamers who can hang.  It's not like we're looking at a Mario World lobby.....     I just want my garage back!  (the format)  

UI wise,  it looks like they switched from a Fallout - style theme to Star Trek interface color scheme.   I prefer Fallout style look. 

I also don't cry over spilt milk!    

Will keep up the courteous, honest  feedback,  to help the devs.    MUCH appreciated the COLOSSAL amount of work done,   and some polish is to be expected. 

• Nolo24 likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Unlike so many others, the frame rate was solid on my system last night.

The problems I had were little annoyances like:

• No garage once loaded into a match.
  • Sometimes see a message in upper left of screen during match that says, "Lighting needs to be redrawn." (what?)
  • Mouse wheel doesn't scroll many of the menus
  • Cannot mute players once a match has started - only from pre-game or post-game lobby.
  • BIG ONE:  Sometimes could not actually play a Siege match because, no matter which mech I chose, I got the message about mismatched parts.
  • Could not find a way to select which mech to start a match with, had to start with mech I was last viewing in the "Mechs" menu... then could change between deaths.  (This could just be my overlooking something)
  • Rollover to select mechs between deaths was really annoying and caused many accidental choices.
  • The UI elements are HUGE.  Shouldn't these scale with my monitor resolution choices... or a slider?
  • All of enemy team left a match, but there was no option to press F12 to switch teams.
  • Some weird "Say Msg (F string)" message appearing behind the chat type box when typing.
  • The Raider... the Corsair animation is way off from the actual reload rate.

Agreed.  I had some initial gameplay glitches that smoothed out on a 2nd reboot.  other than that,  my gripes are minor.  1:  Garage!   2:  In-game chat box and post game chat  3:  Need to be able to select primary weapon before respawn.   

Other than that,  still evaluating,  but it played smoothly for me,  and on my backup PC,  I got a steady 50 FPS on High (not Ultra) settings  on my old R9 280x Toxic.   

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

brings in console gamers

how?

Will keep up the courteous, honest  feedback,  to help the devs.

please don't

Edited by ArchMech, 24 May 2017 - 06:43 PM.

• Brother3J likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

NetClientTicksPerSecond=200.000000

NetServerMaxTickRate=30

does this mean your server side tick rate is 30 and the client side is 200?

Edited by ArchMech, 24 May 2017 - 07:19 PM.

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

BUGs aside, performance aside.

Bring back the garage, the mech web looks like crap, grid as well.    

Cross-class torso customization, and pls get rid of the holo chassis, imagine a troll teammates using that to spot our team for enemies.

GET RID OF G2s (Except for our old G2A/R)   

Get rid of new emoji holos, including the one you ripe-off from an old zerker torso chassis.

I personally would say NO to HDR visual attempts.

Another rush launch. Call it "soft" relaunch afterward? Damage may has been done, this would be the last "relaunch" for Hawken.

"People will come back for the relaunch, and run away with a faster speed." ---I've seen a line like this somewhere in this forums. 

OFC, if general public decide to ignore even one of these orange part, just pretend I don't exist here.

Ic6j9zJ.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I don't see the Nief anywhere.  Did I miss a note about them removing it from the game?

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Some things I noticed:

- Third person view during the barrier stage at the start of matches is disorienting. Not sure if this is the case for everyone. I'm guessing the idea was to let a player look at their new beautiful mech, but it gets old. Maybe include an option to disable it in settings.

- Cannot scroll down with mouse wheel in settings. I'm guessing it's because it's part of the old UI.

- Mech selection is hard to navigate. If the intention is to keep it, I would recommend defaulting the map zoomed in so people have a clearer initial read of what it is. You need to create the desire to explore rather than the desire to cope. Seeing the web bleed out of the edges of a screen would make me more inclined to look around or zoom out.

- Chat box no longer logs history. This makes it extremely difficult to follow typed conversations due to the difficulty in accessing the chat box regularly.

- The text box descriptions when hovering over items/internals/mechs with your mouse is redundant. I often found the box overlayed the description on the side. I would get rid of the hover description since it's less consistent.

- The back button is often misleading. For example, in the mech overview(?) page, you can access after initially clicking a mech on the mech selection menu, after clicking "weapons", you can no longer return to the overview page without returning back to the mech selection menu and clicking the mech again. I would rather there be more consistency between menu formats and easier navigation that is more practical.

- UI/Game is not optimized for 1900x1200, though this isn't too much of an issue since it never was.

Regarding aesthetics:

- The HAWKEN title overlay never seems to go away. I don't need to be reminded I'm playing HAWKEN all the time...

- Placement of menu items creates far too many visually disturbing tangents and/or spacing issues. Again, consistency is needed between each page and you need to make the mechs look more valuable. How do you expect to sell me something that's partially overlapped by a menu or pushed off to the side of my screen? Good composition requires a visual hierarchy. I can't even express my hatred for the lore/stats page...

- Lines bound every object, which makes everything look thick, especially when multiple bounded objects are next to each other. Group them together so bounding lines aren't so distracting. It's hard to read the text.

- The HAWKEN title overlay never seems to go away. I don't need to be reminded I'm playing HAWKEN all the time...

What the Heca-

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

After a few more games, I'd like to add that Rockets, Missiles, Grenades, Tows, Corsair shot, etc. all seem to have an almost non-existent "splash damage".  It's a bad thing.  Some of that stuff is already hard enough to dial in during a frantic skirmish... but add to that the fact that I'm seeing a lot of disappearing Tows, Grenades, Corsair shots, etc. and sketchy hit registration... just gross.

Also, any answers about where the Nief is?

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

how?

please don't

Just hit the snooze button.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

HBZK100

HBZK100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Game looks great. GREAT WORK new devs!! I'm glad this game didn't go into the drink.

Here are a few issues that stood out to me:

1. Memory Clock on my GTX 1060 6GB will NOT operate at max memory frequency, stays 200mhz below max frequency.

2. GPU utilization NEEDS A MAJOR FIX. I'm getting 30% GPU usage in intense fights, making FPS drop below 60.

A few other thoughts:

1. Love how you made the mechs fly a LOT higher now, makes using the Rocketeer a bit easier.

2. AI in Co OP Team Deathmatch is really good! They are so hard to kill without being killed.

3. Vulcan's on the G2 Assault need a nerf, too OP.

• Nachoeslach likes this

Moderator for Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

Retired Veteran Hawken player. Began playing just before the wreckage update.

splattersgood

splattersgood

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Updated and got an error saying that it requires a 64 bit OS when trying to launch Hawken.

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Steam is updating Hawken again after I reinstalled it this morning to get it to work since yesterday's update, is this another patch?

Thanks

Edited by Etherealrich, 24 May 2017 - 10:23 PM.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

3. Vulcan's on the G2 Assault need a nerf, too OP.

I had the feeling that he has been nerf, maybe it's because the new hitreg system.

I also got a question : Is the FOV changed ? even at max (110 if i remember) i found it too low and i didnt remember tweaking ini files in previous version of Hawken.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Things that jumped out to me are:

- The color change is super horrible. The sky colors went from lively and warm to cold and dark in all maps.

Try to activate 'Deep of field'
I went from a washy to saturated colors (maybe too much?). Gamma was also reduced (we need in game settings slider which doesnt exist :D ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users