• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

So I'm seeing some pretty ugly fuzzy bunny being thrown around and I'd like to correct some misapprehensions.  

First off, as of this post the devs are busy fixing an independent XB1 problem because of course Microsoft breaks fuzz this day of all days. So that's why they're silent.

With that out of the way, let me say that the devs were working on updating the game and responding to tester bugs literally to the last minute. Yes, we tested stuff. Yes, it was worse. Yes, the devs fixed as much as they could. I don't have the details of it, but you all may have noticed that the game was slated to be released at 11am yesterday, not 11pm. So as crappy as it sounds, this is the result of a lot of work on a short timeline.

I would really, really like to know what broke though, because what is out there on live has some serious divergence from what we were playing on test, in terms of quality and infrastructure. I'm going to blame the servers for now and await further information.

That part there is important ^

For more perspective, Reloaded has been operating on several timelines on very low manpower and this patch had to drop for *:reasons:* Sucks, but there you go. Furthermore, they were well aware that fuzzy bunny could go bad, which is precisely why there was no advertising/announcement. The same holds true on console - there has been no advertisement, despite pressure from above, including Microsoft and Sony, because they want the game in a more acceptable state. Think of this as the soft relaunch, pending bugfixes.

Josh and the Cat have said they want their actions to speak louder. Having ground through the BS of Howken, I can state that they do work hard and fast. The month-long delays between patches won't be here on PC. There are a ton of complaints and a ton of rows in the bug testing sheet that still need to be addressed. As Hyginos quite rightly pointed out, this patch went out with serious reservations from the testers. At this point, I'll let them communicate them to you, a) because someone has to and b) because CZero wants to hear it. 

But seriously guys, how the hell did a training map make it into TDM rotation.

Edited by Amidatelion, 24 May 2017 - 09:44 AM.

• coldform, DerMax, Silverfire and 13 others like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Guys and Gals.  Calm the calamities that are your mammaries.

• coldform, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 2 others like this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

But seriously guys, how the hell did a training map make it into TDM rotation.

I believe this happened on Console release as well.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Guys and Gals. Calm the calamities that are your mammaries.

Chicks and **cks. Calm yo tits.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Well at least they didn't name you the Retreat Battalion.

Edited by M4st0d0n, 25 May 2017 - 04:10 PM.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Everyone, devs, playtesters, scrubbie little noobies who like raiders.... we're all doing the best with what we were given. Devs and playtesters you guys rock thank you so much. Scrubbies who drive raiders... play harder !! ;) Hawken 2017 things are looking up !

wmmoney.png

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Here's the deal where I am concerned.

I was not too happy with how the Hawken staff screwed up and made my main account useless and never fixed it, forcing me to have to revert to an older acount I never liked. To date, they have NEVER owned up to it, fixed it, etc.

I recently tried playing again, and when the Devs tried this 32 Player long match thing, I liked it. I even bought some Meteor credits.

But as I have seen oveer and over again, the focus with game devs is not to have a well running game, but to always go for the big bells and whistles, and in so doing, really screw up the game big-time, and then all the controversy about fixing thier fixes, updatiung the updates, etc. etc. etc. Just when I start liking the game again, this happens, again and again, and it's freakin' aggravating. Once again I started getting involved, and putting a little money into it, with regrets to follow.

Regardless of any opposing points, and the inevitable mouthy troll remarks I am sure will follow, th ebottom line is that I do not believe in paying money and investing my time in anti-entertainment, aggravation, irritation and regret. I want to have alittle fun, a little entertainment, something positive for my time and money.

One thing that has remained consistent with this game for the last couple years is that its a game for people with high game pad/keys/controls skills, and someone like me, who is not a super-player, it means getting killed over, and over, and over again. I have news for you, not everyone thinks that is "fun".  I had already gotten used to trying to play it safe, support the team, accept that I am not going to do well most of the time, and no matter what I do, I will get killed more than most. That is borderline worth it at best.
I particularly do not like the mid-air acrobatics that give some players a huge advantage over bigger, slower mechs played by just regular people who are not super with the controls.

At least with the crowded, insane chaos of 32 players wrecking havoc,  I stood a chance of trying to be clever, having some fun, doing what I could for my team, and not getting constantly killed. For me, the 32 player thing works.
I would add the caveat that I would recommend cutting it approx. in half, and doing 1 hour matches with 400 - 500 kills, as othewise the games ar so damned long that the average person is stuck with playing only 1 - 3 maps/games at best.

For me, for the most part, the only thing I am looking forward to are the 32 player games. Otherwise my time and especially money will be going to other games and activities that are worth doing, and if they do not go with the 32 player games, I will likely be leaving the game again, possibly for years, literally, as has already been the case last time, or permanently.

- Again, a major part of my position on this is that I once at least had a good account/avatar/whatever you call it, and one day Hawken told me that there was some (unsuccessful apparently) attemp to hack into my account.
Their "Remedy" led to my account becoming USELESS, and apparently LOST FOREVER, because several attampts I have made to get them to fix it have gotten NOWHERE.

The Hawken staff need to get something very simple right in thier heads - when you screw things up for someone, don;t fix it, ignore them, and cause them regret, IT DOES NOT ENCOURAGE THEM TO STICK WITH YOUR GAME!!!
If The hawken staff (1) Had not screwed up my good account, and/or (2) Had actually fixed things, I owuld have spent a fair amount of money in/on the game. That IS supposed to be one of thier motivations, right?
So they are not making any more money from me, and my game experience drives me to other games and ways to better spend my time. I (use to) LOVE Hawken, but the way they run things is ruining it for me.

P.S. The inevitable mouthy trolls already know what they can kiss and where they can go. Lol.

There is no profit or success in ignoring problems, customers and players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users