* - - - - 3 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Haven't played heavy in awhile but now everytime I get on only 1 server open and why do yall change things that don't need changing that's why people jus get tierd of the bs and uninstall.. no new mechs to buy no new items no new nothing you have to give us a reason to keep playing and you have failed

You merged the forums which is dumb I don't want to read the crap the pc players say

Idk what else to say besides mission failed...

(You've lost at least 15 core players on psn in the last month)

Edited by (PS4)NIXXSAXX, 29 May 2017 - 05:59 PM.

• 20GT likes this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Haven't played heavily in awhile but now every time I get on only 1 server open.  Why do yall change things that don't need changing? That's why people just get tired of the bs and uninstall. No new mechs to buy and no new items or anything. You have to give us a reason to keep playing, and you have failed

You merged the forums which is dumb. I don't want to read the fuzzy bunny the pc players say

(edited for legibility)

I dare say if the opinion of 15 players were relevant the console port would have looked drastically different, or may not have happened at all.

Drink.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 29 May 2017 - 05:38 PM.

• Flight1ess and WillyW like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Hahaha exactly what I mean your a pc player I don't care what you have to say... when theres only maybe 30 core players losing any of them is alot

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
If they advertised it could be bigger on psn and Xbox then it was or will be on pc

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
See nothing but pc player spam

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
I jus want this game to be like any other game give me a reason to keep playing

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I jus want this game to be like any other game give me a reason to keep playing

It's now more like OTHER GAMES than it has ever been.

Ic6j9zJ.png

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Ok the forum is pointless now it was a way to contact the devs and to discuss with other CONSOLE PLAYERS... and good god do yall jus blab on and on about nothing

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I'm not understanding what the source of your frustration is O_o

Smoke a joint and play some hawken man it's not that serious
  • DieselCat, talon70, Brother3J and 5 others like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Your want of distinction between the pc and console playbase, and then the lack thereof of console player commentary, is a fine example of why the forums were merged. You can also find a generally accepted answer to your questions if you look through the forums.

• 6ixxer and WillyW like this

What the Heca-

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

514b89e2d4.jpg

• Miscellaneous, monochr0me, MomOw and 6 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Every player has access to this forum. If a console player wants to post, they will. You don't have special access. 

Edited by XPloyt, 29 May 2017 - 08:16 PM.

• peacecraftSLD likes this

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Make it stop.

YPQga67.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Ah yes the good old "I don't care what you say"

Followed by continuing to reply to what they say.

• Bergwein, Brother3J, Flight1ess and 2 others like this

Spoiler

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Haven't played heavy in awhile but now everytime I get on only 1 server open and why do yall change things that don't need changing that's why people jus get tierd of the bs and uninstall.. no new mechs to buy no new items no new nothing you have to give us a reason to keep playing and you have failed

You merged the forums which is dumb I don't want to read the crap the pc players say

First: You have no idea what "change" is.  The changes you experienced as a PS4 player are superficial and actually needed.  Just because an update doesn't throw new toys for you to spend time/money on, doesn't make it the catch-all for low player count blame.

Second: The reason the population is dwindling is just a fact of "B Title" video games (sorry, it hurts, but that's what Hawken is).  Hawken barely had a large population on PC back when it was a brand new, exciting game... and didn't even pick up many new players when it launched on Steam.  The fact is, as great and fun of a game as Hawken is, it's uniqueness is also it's downfall in a world where mediocrity and conformity make for best-sellers.  People want yet another Modern Warfare clone - to hell with any game that actually tries to find its own niche or be original.

(The above is my way of saying just how awesome of a game Hawken actually was/is.  Its originality is the reason I've been playing it for over 4 years.  I hate twitch shooters and am bored to hell of FPS military shooters in general.)

Third: Every game has a shelf-life.  This game is over 4 years old - even if it just came to PS4 and Xbone last year, that's still more life than most F2P online only games have.  Don't go citing examples of games that have been around longer, I'm not saying "ALL games die in a year or three", I'm saying "MOST".  The gaming market is saturated... many games never even see more than a few thousand downloads/purchases.  And people get bored quick, we're always ready to download something else to try - hell, I have a friend who never finishes anything he buys, he gets two new games a week... some of them he never even plays.

Finally:  The forums needed to be merged - they never should have been segregated in the first place.  Now that the game has platform parity across all three versions, there is no reason to separate them, as all versions are the same.  And, whether you want to hear from PC players or not is irrelevant.  You have to realize that we are all now just "players", period.

• bacon_avenger, Nov8tr, Brother3J and 6 others like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

WolfCrown

WolfCrown

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah, this game is sadly dead. There's only 1 server and it's TDM, can't join any other sever though despite there being like 50 players region max. I can't even play and I spent a bunch of money here. Every time I try to get on there's nothing I just queue into an empty lobby, 1 person joins siege. The end.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

giphy.gif

20fb8624774048ae5f65c2ebc4120030--classi

You're throwing Hawken on the cart when its getting better...

Edited by 6ixxer, 19 July 2017 - 08:50 PM.

• MomOw likes this

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

please close .. very thin content...

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Don't oppress his right to fuzzpost...

...or the rest of us PC spammers...

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

06Mar2010010310main.jpg  PLUS spam.jpg

OK I've done my part.............

• komstatic likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We're working on a change to address the 'only one server to play on' option very soon. More details when they are available.

• DieselCat, gopherAnime, 6ixxer and 2 others like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

soon.

SOONâ„¢

Edited by DingdongJR, 25 July 2017 - 11:04 AM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

did some1 say fuzzpost?

also, a certain devs solution to "1server" problem:

tumblr_n9qr7fe7151smcbm7o1_500.gif

2 birds with one stone

Edited by ArchMech, 25 July 2017 - 01:49 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

SOONâ„¢

Dear Mr. Dingdong JR: 
This law firm represents the SOON Corperation with its intellectual property rights. Your use of SOON is a violation of SOON corporation’s common law trademark rights, common law service mark rights, and trade name rights, and this letter constitutes SOON Corporation’s demand that you cease and desist any and all use of the SOON trademark.

Edited by 20GT, 25 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

Unh0lyHobGOblin

Unh0lyHobGOblin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

what really needs to happen is opening up the resrictions on what matches you can play after lavel 30. because once level 30 is reached then you cant play with any lower leveled players unless they join onto your game.

Edited by Unh0lyHobGOblin, 25 July 2017 - 02:32 PM.

Happy Hunting

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

what really needs to happen is opening up the resrictions on what matches you can play after lavel 30. because once level 30 is reached then you cant play with any lower leveled players unless they join onto your game.

Keep in mind that those restrictions were put there for a reason. Having a level 30 jump into the <30 kid's pool can dissuade new players who are still learning to paddle around with floaties on.

I certainly sympathize with wanting to join my lower level buddy in matches, but if I get in there then it's probably not going to be fun for all the other lower level players in that server. From a developer standpoint, that's increasing the chances of new players not becoming regular players. As you pointed out, the best way to remedy that is to have them join on your game, or you both party up and let MM choose the server for you.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Shouldn't it be based on skill level? Just because someone obtains LVL30 doesn't mean they are any good.

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

"skill level" isnt tangible, its not something apparent enough that it can be easily quantified and used for match balancing, and generally always boils down to time played whenever you try

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Why not just put a floating marker above a new player's mech so that the higher level players can see who is new and isn'y (yes doesn't really work for smurfs) but need solutions here.  I haven't logged in for 2 weeks now as there is no one to play except BOT matches.  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Experienced players don't need markers to know someone's skill is low. But most would still pwn them because they are there.

The new players need to be sheltered for a while, because 1 in 3 online gamers are a**holes. If you're talking to two other Howken players and they don't seem like a**holes, then its probably you.

I'm still checking in from time to time, but more just keeping an eye out for when new stuff gets announced.

I had a good long session with my brother after the new map came out.

Found that I missed some of the old crowd playing at one point. You guys need to message me through Steam to let me know your in-game...

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Ok how about this. If players are owning the map the stats for that game will show it. How about a nerf system more they own it the less damage they do or the more damage they take.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Ok how about this. If players are owning the map the stats for that game will show it. How about a nerf system more they own it the less damage they do or the more damage they take.

I think that keeping the servers very broadly segregated by skill level (newbs vs not noobs) is a less intrusive way of addressing the issue rather than coming up with a whole new handicap system on the fly.

The devs already seem to be at capacity in terms of cranking out new changes, and it appears to be a slow process. Watching them try to balance a handicap system at the same pace would be excruciating.

Keep it simple.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 26 July 2017 - 06:53 AM.

• Charcoal and CosmicCasey59 like this

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I think that keeping the servers very broadly segregated by skill level

You mean by experience level, (i.e amount of matches played)  because it doesn't take skill to get to Level 30 all it takes is perseverance. Keep playing win or lose, doesn't matter if  you learn or can't learn. Doesn't matter if you flail around waving your mech arms in the air. Complete enough matches and you arrive at level 30.

646 coop-tdm matches lost at roughly 1000xp per match gets you to level 30.

Edited by 20GT, 26 July 2017 - 12:39 PM.

• LordJim47 likes this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

You mean by experience level, (i.e amount of matches played)

I meant what I said.

While it's less accurate now for a variety of reasons, in the past you could use MMR rating to identify relative skill levels of players much more accurately than the "did this person play enough games" metric that pilot levels give us. Sure, the MMR system could be gamed, but in general a person with 2300 MMR could consistently beat a person with 2000 MMR. The more that player plays, and the larger the population of the MMR pool is, the closer the MMR values come to accurately representing relative skill levels.

There's been many, many discussions about how to use MMR values to segregate the population between noobs and not noobs. I think it was implemented recently in some form, but I don't remember the details. Either way, I think it's the best metric that the devs already have to identify skill level. Of course, that's not saying much given all the chaos with MMR changes recently, but ideally the statistical noise will settle down as time goes on and people keep playing.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 26 July 2017 - 03:36 PM.

• DieselCat likes this

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Is this still true? 

The matchmaking rating (MMR) is used by the matchmaking system to find suitable players to fill a server. A newbie starts with a rating of 1500. The lowest known ratings are at 700-800 and the upper ceiling is 3000. Depending on how well you play and depending on the average MMR of all players in the server your MMR will be increased or decreased after a match. Having a higher MMR usually means that your skill is higher. However, your MMR isn't your exact skill level but it's a value that is used to express the skill range that you are in.

https://www.reddit.c...4q/what_is_mmr/

If so "depending on the average MMR of all players in the server your MMR will be increased or decreased" what if you are actually the only player and the rest are bots?

Edited by 20GT, 26 July 2017 - 03:50 PM.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Is this still true? 

The figures in that quote may have changed, but the overall description is still accurate

If so "depending on the average MMR of all players in the server your MMR will be increased or decreased" what if you are actually the only player and the rest are bots?

I don't think your MMR changes if you're in a bots server. It stands to reason that your MMR would only be affected by playing against other players that have MMR rankings themselves. I figure that's a necessary variable to consider when calculating MMR adjustments after a match.

That's all speculation though.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 26 July 2017 - 05:06 PM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Let us hope, for all that is good on Illal, that there is no MMR calculation in Bot's CoOp.  That would be disastrous.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Only PvP are ranked servers, you can only gain/lose MMR while playing against real people. Bots co-op are unranked so playing them wont change your MMR, but the average server MMR is used to adjust the starting point for the bots MMR. So if you have low MMR and you only play bots your MMR will never go up, and the bots will always be super easy for farming.

• 20GT likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

spRaven

spRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

We're working on a change to address the 'only one server to play on' option very soon. More details when they are availaI't

It's good but, we just need more Players! When  I see on  https://hawken.herokuapp.com/ about 50 players for ALL servers (US, EU etc) I don't wanna to start the game, no reason to play alone. We need some advertising...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users