• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Whats going on with the HC credits? I was getting 188 per match and now this morning its lower

NcBnlzV.jpg

I even won the match and the HC is nothing. I don't care about leaderboards 

The leaderboard does not provide any enjoyment for the game for me and most players

We play to earn HC to better our Mechs 

WHY DID YOU CUT THE PIDDLY 50HC to 25HC

AH I get it now you think that if you make impossible to buy what we  want, we will spend money for Moon Credits.

NOT likely.... Most will grow bored of your game and it will begin to lose everything.

Edited by 20GT, 15 July 2017 - 12:41 PM.

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We agree. The game doesn't feel rewarding to play a match right now, and we're looking into making it feel more rewarding.

That's all I can say on the matter, but it's something that we've discussed a lot.

Edited by CZeroFive, 16 July 2017 - 12:40 AM.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

CZeroFive

People will spend money if they enjoy the game. I did.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

My two cents (which is about all it's worth these days):  I'm tired of the "I deserve a reward" mentality in gaming (and in American culture in general).

Play a game because it is FUN.  That is the reward - you are having FUN!  If you go into a game playing to win for the "rewards (aka recognition)" you will get, you're doing it wrong... and for the wrong reasons.  When did everything become about needing to flaunt your insignificant successes to the world?  Games didn't have some of these kinds of problems when there were no leaderboards, badges, prestige levels, and other items of "flair" that we got to publicize just because we did something well in a virtual entertainment.  People played online games like FarCry and Halo 1 for 7 years straight when none of this nonsense was present - not just because the game was fun (which it obviously was), but also because there was a stronger, friendlier sense of community - people weren't concerned about one-upping all their online friends, they were just looking to get together and have some laughs.

Takeaway:  just make the game fun.  Improve the communications and "friends" aspects.  Get rid of the rankings, leaderboards and other "show-off" stuff.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Loot based drop system. Legendary corsair xt drop.... muahahaha, yes yes tell me more.

wmmoney.png

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

My two cents (which is about all it's worth these days):  I'm tired of the "I deserve a reward" mentality in gaming (and in American culture in general).

Play a game because it is FUN.  That is the reward - you are having FUN! 

Takeaway:  just make the game fun.  Improve the communications and "friends" aspects.  Get rid of the rankings, leaderboards and other "show-off" stuff.

I think you are missing the point of this thread. It's not about rankings, leaderboards and other "show-off" stuff. It's about NOW having to grind even longer to upgrade your SUBMACHINE CANNON to the SUB ATOMIC NUCLEAR BLAST EVISCERATOR RIFLE.  

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Worse yet is knowing that you have to spend 9000 credits on a mech you don't want to obtain the possibility to spend another 9000 on the Mech you want.
  • DieselCat likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Play a game because it is FUN.  That is the reward - you are having FUN!  If you go into a game playing to win for the "rewards (aka recognition)" you will get, you're doing it wrong... and for the wrong reasons.  When did everything become about needing to flaunt your insignificant successes to the world?  Games didn't have some of these kinds of problems when there were no leaderboards, badges, prestige levels, and other items of "flair" that we got to publicize just because we did something well in a virtual entertainment.  People played online games like FarCry and Halo 1 for 7 years straight when none of this nonsense was present - not just because the game was fun (which it obviously was), but also because there was a stronger, friendlier sense of community - people weren't concerned about one-upping all their online friends, they were just looking to get together and have some laughs.

I think you are missing the point of this thread. It's not about rankings, leaderboards and other "show-off" stuff. It's about NOW having to grind even longer to upgrade your SUBMACHINE CANNON to the SUB ATOMIC NUCLEAR BLAST EVISCERATOR RIFLE.  

My reply wasn't exactly directly related to your post, but rather the sentiment by C05 that the game didn't currently feel rewarding.

You are spot on about the incredible increase in the grind - it was at a really good place before (on the original PC build, which you poor PS4 and Xbox players never got to see), but now it takes so long and is so expensive... yeah, it's discouraging.

• 20GT likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

After these updates and apparent changes...game  seems stalled, not going anywhere...hope things improve soon....sad  :sad:

• Nov8tr, Pumapaw and 20GT like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users