13 replies to this topic

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

The scoreboard shows the points but does not show the kills or info of others 

Lay it out in the open so we can see everything and compare. 

• Elite_is_salty and Gueber like this
Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

It used to be like that up till 2013. The devs decided to hide that to protect the less skilled players from getting "bullied" for dying a lot etc ...

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
How were they bring bullied?
Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

How were they bring bullied?

stupd fokin luzer u dieded 500 timz go kil urself

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Where would they say that? Is there a game chat that actually works?

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Where would they say that? Is there a game chat that actually works?

The chat used to work throughout the entire lobby, even retained text from match to match.  Prior to the recent console releases and PC updates, the voice comms haven't worked in several years - in fact, they never did work properly... which is why they were removed.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Also add the ability to search.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
You can see your stats at the end. That is enough.
Making these types of comparisons at the moment would not improve the user experience.
It is the same reason that MMR doesnt show, and we still have people stroking themselves over how good theirs is compared to others, and making out casual players to be a lower class of human.

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Seeing how K/D ratio doesn't factor into match scoring, it's not necessary to have it displayed for all to see.  Enough e-peen stroking occurs over MMR, so score and ping are plenty and reduce the chance of toxicity during matches.  I've seen pilots with negative K/D ratio but are high MMR and, in my opinion, are better players.  They play the game as designed and aren't crying over kill stealing, instead focusing on contributing to help their team win.  

Granted, some pilots have it figured out more than others, so they tend to score higher in a round.  When a fuzzy bunny like me comes in and doesn't score as well, I rarely get much grief about it.  Just play and have fun.  It is a game, after all.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Seeing how K/D ratio doesn't factor into match scoring, it's not necessary to have it displayed for all to see.  Enough e-peen stroking occurs over MMR, so score and ping are plenty and reduce the chance of toxicity during matches.  I've seen pilots with negative K/D ratio but are high MMR and, in my opinion, are better players.  They play the game as designed and aren't crying over kill stealing, instead focusing on contributing to help their team win.  

Granted, some pilots have it figured out more than others, so they tend to score higher in a round.  When a fuzzy bunny like me comes in and doesn't score as well, I rarely get much grief about it.  Just play and have fun.  It is a game, after all.

I usually score pretty highly in Siege and MA, despite almost always having a 50/50 or less KDR.

That said, there are always those matches where a player much better than me (and most everyone else in the match) will ignore the objective completely - in favor of farming points via kills - and still come out on top with a vast point lead... even when their team loses.  This is a huge indication that these game modes need to weigh "working the objective" higher than kills.  Since the kill-count doesn't matter when it comes to winning these matches, why are kills worth more than, say, staying in the AA or holding a silo?  Kinda sucks when one player does everything they can to actually win the match, and still ends up with 50% fewer points than the player who never even touched the objective and just ran about killing.

*No, this is not discounting that a player like this, who is running around killing tons of enemies isn't helping their team win.  I'm just saying it's weighted improperly... thus encouraging behavior which doesn't promote teamwork or focus.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I think you're right that siege in particular needs some smarts to add weight to kills made when you or the enemy is in the AA box, or perhaps if they are carrying a load of EU. It would take some time to work out how to do it right.
In MA the fights gravitate to the points naturally without the side objective of running EU.

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

My mindset was stuck on TDM and I unintentionally disregarded the other game modes.  I agree that there should be more weighting in score toward objectives in MA and Siege, yet truthfully a lot of players have no idea what's going on and turn those modes into their personal deathmatch.  Maybe an end score factor multiplier based on objective performance?  This will either raise or lower a player's score base on their participation in capping or holding.  Stopping a carrier can carry a small bonus too, just for giggles.

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

If weighted properly they will wonder why they aren't getting many points from killing, and why those other dudes standing in the middle rated so much better  :thumbsup:

Not everyone will work it out, but at least the people making an effort will get more kudos.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

It would be helpful to see more clearly were your score is coming from, unfortunately the most score comes from getting kills. Which makes sense because its the main objective in TDM, but someone can top score by last hitting everything even though their overall damage output may be low. Total damage delivered is a better indicator of effectiveness, you can be assist leader but if you have no kills your score still wont be top. Even if you damage everyone badly if you don't finish any off they will just repair. So having someone to finish kills on low enemies that are trying to run and someone that outputs a steady stream of damage are both key roles. Then you have the opposite end of the spectrum, how much damage you saved your team from taking by distracting enemies while dodging their shots, or just taking a hit like a boss to cover a teammate with low hp from dying, an important role but sadly one that no score is given for. Personally I would be interested to see all of peoples stats especially kill count and damage delivered just so I can understand how they are playing so I can coordinate better as a team.

Generally if your team focuses on one target at a time they can be eliminated quickly which is why grouping up is so important, but you get no special score for grouping and someone going off to die alone every-time will lose none. It badly hurts their team by giving kills to the enemy (more so in TDM where that is the main objective), and leaving the rest of the team more vulnerable as they will have one less mech in their formation (when I refer someone as feeding this is general behavior). That's why its important to group up and stay within response range of your teammates, flanking alone is an advanced move that should only be used after careful consideration. Anyways.. score is the only stat publicly tracked so these "feeders" are free to start playing lazy because they don't have to feel any responsibility for it and be a better teammate. I would say by just having score it even encourages the wrong behavior, which is for them to suicide dive to get some kills so they might end with a high score (because you wont lose any score for dying a lot) even though they gave twice as many kills to the enemy. They don't care cause nobody else can see it and will still look decent on the scoreboard. So maybe.. bad players would get grilled for being bad if all stats were shown or maybe they would learn something from it.

Edited by Gueber, 23 July 2017 - 02:47 AM.

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users