- - - - - items blockade turrets laser gun

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MegaZoneEX

MegaZoneEX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Cloaking Blockade: Same as a regular Blockade but is one sided. Players that are behind it are invisible to the players in front. It can be a arched wall.
  • Laser Gun [L.G.] Turret a: Mark I shoots 1 laser pulse every 2 seconds, Mark II, 2 pulse, Mark III, 3 pulse.
  • Laser Gun [L.G.] Turret b: A continuous laser, any player who passes through overheats

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Kinda nice ideas, some opinions on them:

Cloaking blockade: I can foresee this being OP. Being able to hear and track players through walls with sound and radar is already possible and fairly easy, but being able to see them when you're behind one of these things and they don't know it gives the player behind it a big advantage. Cloaked mechs have built-in disadvantages, those being that neither can fire and stay cloaked, and both have some kind of movement restrictions (can't use boosting of any kind with Pred, jumping included, Infil eats fuel). As this would be an item, I don't really see any downsides on its use, and really only advantages. Imagine popping one of these next to a wall. You're on the cloaked side, and can see the other player clearly. The other player may notice the cloak field, but they won't see you. All you have to do is have a good salvo of ... well, anything ready for them as you dodge out from behind it, and they'll pretty much get hit without much warning at all. Of course, it would depend how this was done. If you can shoot through it, not cool. If it can be destroyed with a few shots, I think it could work fine. As long as it doesn't block a heavy amount of shots, maybe make it as fragile as the Pred's cloak.

Laser Turret A: Old devs didn't want lazorz in the game, not sure what the new devs think of that idea. I'm kinda against it myself, after having played for so long. The lack of energy-based weapons (Tech excluded... tentacle beam and all), adds a very harsh, somewhat realistic feeling to the weaponry. It's not real realistic, just that if you start adding lasers and stuff, you might start ending up with something that resembles Star Wars. Sure, Mechwarrior had lasers and stuff, but they also had PPC-type stuff, too. That's just their world. Hawken doesn't seem to have laser-based weaponry. (Wait... we do. All hitscan weapons lol.) That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a new type of turret or two. Replace the lasers with something else, like some kind of fast-moving projectile, and I think I would love to drop those here and there.

Laser Turret B: We already have the Heat Mine thing, and it's large enough to block hallways and such. There's also the problem with the Incin... all it would have to do is stand in the beam to get infinites powersss!! So... probably not a good idea. Plus, my Infil won't like it much if the devs add yet another thing to decloak the already dumb fuel-eating cloak thing. :P

• Houruck and Flight1ess like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I don't like this one sided barrier, and laser turrets only if they do not have 100% accuracy. But how about a slug turret? Kind of the same for the laser impulse turret.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

There's also the problem with the Incin... all it would have to do is stand in the beam to get infinites powersss!!

I APPROVE.

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Kinda nice ideas, some opinions on them:

Cloaking blockade: I can foresee this being OP. Being able to hear and track players through walls with sound and radar is already possible and fairly easy, but being able to see them when you're behind one of these things and they don't know it gives the player behind it a big advantage. Cloaked mechs have built-in disadvantages, those being that neither can fire and stay cloaked, and both have some kind of movement restrictions (can't use boosting of any kind with Pred, jumping included, Infil eats fuel). As this would be an item, I don't really see any downsides on its use, and really only advantages. Imagine popping one of these next to a wall. You're on the cloaked side, and can see the other player clearly. The other player may notice the cloak field, but they won't see you. All you have to do is have a good salvo of ... well, anything ready for them as you dodge out from behind it, and they'll pretty much get hit without much warning at all. Of course, it would depend how this was done. If you can shoot through it, not cool. If it can be destroyed with a few shots, I think it could work fine. As long as it doesn't block a heavy amount of shots, maybe make it as fragile as the Pred's cloak.

Laser Turret A: Old devs didn't want lazorz in the game, not sure what the new devs think of that idea. I'm kinda against it myself, after having played for so long. The lack of energy-based weapons (Tech excluded... tentacle beam and all), adds a very harsh, somewhat realistic feeling to the weaponry. It's not real realistic, just that if you start adding lasers and stuff, you might start ending up with something that resembles Star Wars. Sure, Mechwarrior had lasers and stuff, but they also had PPC-type stuff, too. That's just their world. Hawken doesn't seem to have laser-based weaponry. (Wait... we do. All hitscan weapons lol.) That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a new type of turret or two. Replace the lasers with something else, like some kind of fast-moving projectile, and I think I would love to drop those here and there.

Laser Turret B: We already have the Heat Mine thing, and it's large enough to block hallways and such. There's also the problem with the Incin... all it would have to do is stand in the beam to get infinites powersss!! So... probably not a good idea. Plus, my Infil won't like it much if the devs add yet another thing to decloak the already dumb fuel-eating cloak thing. :P

Is it weird that I had the same EXACT fuzzy bunny in mind?

also what you said about the incinerator is so true (i even pop my heat wave thingy just to gain heat XD)

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

Vespu

Vespu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

why not add rain of fire or blizzard into the game.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
... Wow lol guys

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: items, blockade, turrets, laser, gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users