8 replies to this topic

Blaz0re

Blaz0re

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to suggest an alternative mouse sensitivity in the options menu for the zoomed-in mode, or something like a faktor to be able to slow it down a bit. I play on a quite high sensitivity, but when it comes to sniping it feels extremely shaky and far too quick to hit anything. It would be really great if there were options to have 2 sensitivities, 1 standard and one for the zoomed-in mode only.

Greetings.

Edited by Blaz0re, 13 April 2015 - 03:44 AM.

• nepacaka likes this

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

The zoomed-in sensitivity used to scale properly if I remember correctly. I do find this current rapid movement extremely irritating, as it makes you experience both a change in FOV as well as a massive change in on-screen movement relative to how much you normally move your mouse. As someone who plays on extremely low sensitivity aiming settings, it's jarring and completely works against my muscle memory.

I would very much like this suggested option.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I have a mouse that can change dpi (sensitivity) on the fly with a button mapped to four different values of my choice. Maybe look into something like that? 

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

I could be wrong but it looks like zoom is achieved just by decreasing fov. Zoom animation is faster with min fov compared to max fov. Sensitivity also keeps changing during the zoom animation, probably because of this.

Separate sens would definitely help, but I still would prefer 1:1 ratio with unzoomed sens and no changes to sens while zoom animation is happening.

And while doing that, how about adding option for hold to zoom instead of just toggle. Even though this can be achieved with simple bind in .ini files.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

The zoomed-in sensitivity used to scale properly if I remember correctly. I do find this current rapid movement extremely irritating, as it makes you experience both a change in FOV as well as a massive change in on-screen movement relative to how much you normally move your mouse. As someone who plays on extremely low sensitivity aiming settings, it's jarring and completely works against my muscle memory.

I would very much like this suggested option.

IIRC it was always like this. This is where a gaming mouse with a DPI switch comes in handy.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

IIRC it was always like this. This is where a gaming mouse with a DPI switch comes in handy.

Nope. There was a patch where I immediately noticed a huge change in zoomed sensitivity. I remember the feeling well because I used to have a lot of fun with the slug reaper, zooming in and out rapidly for quick bursts. This now feels almost impossible and I feel like I can barely hit immobile targets just because I now constantly overshoot.

xRequiem

xRequiem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I can vouch that the change in zoom sensitivity was a thing. Some patch ages ago made zoom-in sensitivity 1:1 with standard aiming sensitivity. It used to change on zoom-in, probably by some scale factor since it didn't have anywhere in the settings to tweak it, if I recall correctly. 

I've personally just gotten used to the 1:1 settings, though I would like the option to change it. 

Edited by xRequiem, 13 April 2015 - 10:36 AM.

KillerMariosCY

KillerMariosCY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I have the following mouse and it works really good.

http://www.amazon.co...=logitech mouse

I can change sensitivity on the fly.

I use very low sensitivity for sniping and I have assigned the mouse wheel(down) to enable/disable scope mode.

I frequently use the reaper and sharpshooter (both level 6) and this setup works fluently for me.

Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Since we have new Devs, Could someone run this issue by them? Since it's small enough maybe they could do this in a very small patch?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, zoom, sensitivity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users