HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#201 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted January 13 2013 - 06:07 PM

i like the idea of a grapling hook, or something similar something to shoot at a structure towering over you ( similar to a roof ) which would suspend you above the floor somehow using ( future technology. . . ) an unbreakable cable,you would target where you would like to hang off shoot it, it will then attatch you would use your thrusters to boost you to the correct height and then you would lock your mech into place ( with the same button you pressed to use the cable line, e.g set defensive item button)
The cable would hold you their for a certain period and then you would drop a quarter of the height of which you were raised (as a warning that you are about to drop) and then if you haven't deattatched your self from the hook after another say 3 seconds it releases you and you are free to use it again when the skill is recharged.
It would be handy as infiltrator if your fleeing from an enemy simply go invisible suspend your self after going around a corner and the target will probably go straight under you, but the cable most likely would not be invisible but it would be hard to notice if you are out of eyesight.

Would be great for sharpshooter when you've shot somone and they have run off and their is a building in your way or a wall you could boost yourself upwards and finish them off.

And the new Reaper Mech being fast like the infiltrator and long range like the sharpshooter also its likely to have the cloaking armour skill, it would go great with it.
It does sound a bit unlikely that a cable could suspend a 1 or 10 ton mech ( how ever much they weigh ) but i like the idea. maybe it could only be used for the light mechs_ and the medium mechs have something only they can use, and the same with the heavies.

#202 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted January 14 2013 - 12:34 AM

also a tear or nova gas grenade, it would be shot like the H.E charge but will remain on the floor releasing gas constantly for a duration of time.
Due to the mechs having a scrapyard look  like they have been built from spare parts, they would not be airtight would they_ and how would the mech pilot get their air supply_ through a ventilation system ( i doubt they have oxygen tanks ) the gas would much like in call of duty make your site wierd all blurry and see double or atleast effect it in some way, i'd also like to see this in game. :)

#203 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 10:42 AM

Orbital Strike Beacon:

Launched (more or less thrown like a H.E. charge) from an attacking mech. Wherever the beacon lands, 5 "mortars" will strike within a 30M radius. Mortars have a 5M blast radius and could deal 30DMG for splash and an extra 10 for the rare direct hit. Ideal for crowd control in areas where enemies are clumped. Obviously this weapon is very situational and has its drawbacks, such as being unable to be used under bridges or in closed areas where the mortars will not fall.

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#204 Packmang

Packmang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:26 PM

I think smoke bombs and chaff countermeasures were both brilliant suggestions.  Some sort of melee attack is sorely missed too.  How cool would it be to run after someone, looking like Ash from Army of Darkness_  Flak or slug turret maybe_
"If you don't want me to eat you, say something........................................ok."

#205 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 18 2013 - 08:47 AM

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but what about a missile/rocket pod attached to your mech as a special item_ Recharge rate same as MG turret, would fire a salvo similar to Hellfires, maybe with less spread.  Could use it as kind of a last ditch weapon or to increase damage when charging into a battle.

Got the idea when looking at this pic:
Posted Image
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#206 Nut_Job

Nut_Job

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 09:20 PM

Not sure if this is the right area for this but here goes, appologies if I'm in the wrong thread.

I had an idea for a type of cloak, limited in time maybe 10 seconds. Utilized by standing against a wall or building. While activated and standing against a structure or wall a series of cameras mirror the image making you blend in perfectly, this would be great while being chased if you can pull it off or to ambush the enemy. Did you ever notice that during repair the Recruit mech looks like an air conditioner...albeit one thats on fire and has a helluva an outlet, or that the Scout looks like a futuristic gas pump.....just dont try to fill up when you see one...could be explosive.....

A magnesium flare 10,000 times brighter than the sun, or so it would seem! 1 time use but it blinds your opponent for maybe 10 seconds, could be facing forward or rearward but it only affects an enemy that is within say 35 meters which is handy for an ambush or while being chased. You could also offer a autotint cockpit windshield to counter it which blinds you for only a few seconds.

An oil slick that deploys rearward while being chased, if stepped in your stalker will slide several feet in a straight line while you dodge another direction. Note: Works well on stalkers but doesn't stop irritating phone calls at 3 in the morning though. I was tempted to say a banana peel but.....

A rear firing missile that travels directly backwards during escapes or possibly a wire rope net that either blocks small passage ways (though gunfire can pass through) or a net that slows a chasing enemy....Like Spider Man.....only cooler!

And for my traditional semi serious suggestion......a power down option. Picture this when the enemy out numbers, out guns, or is just plain better than you the power down button is your last resort. While in the heat of battle your being over run and your desperate. Quickly you run into the corner and hit the shut down button. Instantly your mech powers down, drops off radar, and goes into the fetal position, you watch out the cockpit in horror as your team is gunned down before your very eyes. After a brief pause you then realize that your ploy worked, the enemy either didn't notice you cowering on the ground or they saw you sniveling and didn't take you as a threat but either way....you survived and you vow to get your revenge on the monsters who killed your team.....just as soon as you finish a training montage to eye of the tiger....

Thanks again for the great game, Awesome job so far and its looking even better in the future.
Nut Job (Disabled combat vet and noob:)

#207 ArchetypeZero

ArchetypeZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 09:19 AM

Oribtal Railgun
Call down a precision strike from a low orbit satellite that fires a lance of titanium steel at the target location. High damage, same cooldown as the HE charge but also extremely precise with 0 splash.

#208 Teraclips

Teraclips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:06 AM

some kind of missile that explodes on air an it release tiny missiles to a certain area (like the Jericho missile in Iron Man movie)
Posted Image

#209 vovanchik98rus

vovanchik98rus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 08:55 AM

I don`t think i shoul write here_ but i think it would be cool to add more different leg parts to the mechs and differ their abilities. For example we may differ the legs on straight ond reversed-legged module. straight legs can greatly improve armor and hp and reverse-legged can jump and fly faster. also it would be nice to add some four-legged spider modules, so they can , for example, emm...  maybe greatly increase accuracy.

#210 LeChatNoir_LeBoom

LeChatNoir_LeBoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa CA

Posted February 26 2013 - 01:55 PM

a spider mech- cool.
heavier cannons and/or greater stability and accuracy...
at what cost, heat, speed, armor_

#211 Mengu

Mengu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 03:12 AM

Jamming device, which impairs enemy targeting. Also rejects the missile from the target, changing their trajectory.

Tractor beam, which can draw the enemy or to push it away.

Edited by Mengu, February 27 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#212 GN010

GN010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPH GMT+8

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:55 AM

Can we have a "Mech Specific" offensive, defensive and internal Item. I noticed that detonator is too much for SS and other CQC type mechs.

example. In case of deto shouldn't be nerfed, it must be something like.. "This powerful Item must not go into the hands of the bad guys." LOL

joking aside.. I strongly suggest that we have this.. not all items are compatible to mech and Its a waste if they buy it and later having no use because it isn't helpful or potent and get exploited and eventually nerfed and so on and so forth..

radar scrambler.. heatsink.. they are just Hawken Credit sinks.

Edited by GN010, March 11 2013 - 01:56 AM.

public enum MECHS {
SHARPSHOOTER_LV25, REAPER_LV25, SCOUT_LV25, BRUISER_LV25, BRUISER_LV25, ROCKETEER_LV25, CRT_RECRUIT_LV20,
BRAWLER_LV1, GRENADIER_LV11
};//GN010 current mechs, plays @ us-west servers but located in gmt+8. @author gn010 @since 12/2012

#213 Thunderchin

Thunderchin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 12:43 AM

Teleportation, anyone_ Press the button, wait for it to charge up, and teleport to the wall or floor you're pointing at, ala Dishonored. Cooldown time is prorated by distance traveled.

#214 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted March 17 2013 - 02:31 PM

How about a suicide bomb_

Say you're facing a mech with low health, and you know you are going to die.
You charge the mech and...

BBBOOOOOMMM!!!

Blow up right in his face.

Say that the closer you are, the more damage you deal, and the explosion radius is medium.

Pro, you deal a ton (100 to 200 HP) of damage to someone who was going to kill you. Con, you die from suicide.

Edited by Mr_UnKNoWn, March 17 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Posted Image

#215 Unknown_Kadath

Unknown_Kadath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostMengu, on February 27 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Jamming device, which impairs enemy targeting. Also rejects the missile from the target, changing their trajectory.

Tractor beam, which can draw the enemy or to push it away.
For the jamming device, I could definitely see it messing with Hellfires, but they use a radar lock, so the missiles would simply fire in a straight path. If there was another rocket that had laser guidance, I could definitely see them being redirected. Do it early enough and you might guide one into a nearby mech!

Tractor beams are a bit outlandish, I think it wouldn't suit this game very well. However, I do like the idea of a defensive item that would repel other mechs and anything near the cross hair away from you, maybe even have it push yourself back if the target is bigger than you or a wall. Then it could be used for pushing Scouts back a ways, but useful to Scouts to bounce in behind someone at a low, fast trajectory.

#216 Unknown_Kadath

Unknown_Kadath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostMr_UnKNoWn, on March 17 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

How about a suicide bomb_

Say you're facing a mech with low health, and you know you are going to die.
You charge the mech and...

BBBOOOOOMMM!!!

Blow up right in his face.

Say that the closer you are, the more damage you deal, and the explosion radius is medium.

Pro, you deal a ton (100 to 200 HP) of damage to someone who was going to kill you. Con, you die from suicide.
Maybe rename it something like "Munitions Detonation", as if it's an attempt to deny the enemy the chance to salvage munitions from downed mechs. The suicide strategy tends to not work out so well, so maybe have it happen when your health hit 25 points_ That way, they're moving in for the final kill, guaranteeing their final shot kind of thing.

#217 Unknown_Kadath

Unknown_Kadath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostTeraclips, on February 01 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

some kind of missile that explodes on air an it release tiny missiles to a certain area (like the Jericho missile in Iron Man movie)
Sounds more like the Flack Cannon, but with explosives deposited everywhere instead of shrapnel. It could look like the TOW, maybe a sad amount of actual damage by the weapon itself, requiring time for the multiple warheads to deploy and arm. Would be great for Origin, especially with the splitting ramps, north of the bridge.

#218 UnendingTorrent

UnendingTorrent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 10:38 PM

************************************************************************************************
Weapon Ability:
Have a mech with ability that, rather than something like a speed increase (Blitz) or invisibility, have it shoot a large, powerful weapon. This would probably feasible as a shoulder-mounted thing, such as a laser cannon or missile pod. Also, instead just of having a refresh time like the other abilities, it would probably generate heat as well. The trade off for this would be a much larger amount of damage, or a much larger salvo of missiles, like a double salvo-worth of hellfires. This would also be able to make multiple abilities, as one mech could have missiles, another have a laser, and yet another have a mortar, and so on.
Posted Image

#219 Masadeer

Masadeer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 12:01 PM

Reinforced Feet! (for extra crushing damage-the damage the enemy takes when you jump/fall on them)

#220 Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted April 14 2013 - 06:50 PM

Offensive item, the Parasitic Fuzzy Bunny. Along with being cute and cuddly, the fuzzy bunny is extremely annoying.

Purpose: The Fuzzy Bunny is dropped in a location to delay or deprive the enemy's access to that location. If you want to keep that enemy out of his favorite spot, deploy the fuzzy bunny.  If your enemy is not observant, you will have the last laugh.

With teamwork the Fuzzy Bunny can be dealt with easily and quickly.  But it is great to watch your enemy run around in circles shouting "Get it off me!" to his teammates, while your team presses forward.

Fuzzy Bunnies may come in several forms. The Fuzzy Bunny is left lying on the ground, on contact the opponent picks it up and the Fuzzy Bunny attaches itself to them, and cannot be removed except by a weapon blast from an ally.

Smoker Bunny: Emits a semi vision obscuring colored smoke trail from the host mech.
    Pretty Pink
    Humiliation Red
    Feeling Blue

Burner Bunny: This is an extremely slow kill, when the opponent comes in contact with a fuzzy bunny If not blasted off,  the Fuzzy Bunny burns through the armor of the infected mech over the period of a minute or more destroying it.

Lazy Bunny: Slows the host mech's movement.

Tesla Bunny: Shorts out the hosts electrical systems intermittently.

The bunny lies there and does not decay for the duration of the game. Another fuzzy bunny cannot be dropped by that player, as long as one is in play.

Edited by Junkyard_Dog, April 14 2013 - 07:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users