HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#221 PantokratoR

PantokratoR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:49 AM

"blink of an eye" ability so u can run quickly out of the battlefield something like in starcraft 2
or maybe a warp like in star trek

#222 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:35 PM

I have seen a number of omnidirectional last ditch offensive special equipment suggestions and I just wanted to pitch how I think this should work. Instead of the mech itself spraying rockets or grenades everywhere, or simply exploding, it would be cool if a spinning charge ejected from the top of the mech flinging submunitions out in a number of spirals of high and low trajectories, some skipping across the ground, others arcing through the air. The submunitions would then all detonate simultaneously. Damage would be similar to the detonator, but range would be very limited. Setting one off at low heath in a mech blob might cause just enough confusion to let you slip away, or even take out some enemies you have worn down. You would have to chose between sitting still and letting the submunitions explode in a ring around you, or running for it to get clear of the doughnut of death. Always great when you hit it right before you go down and you take a few enemies out from the grave!
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#223 pazzazzu

pazzazzu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted May 25 2013 - 04:59 AM

This game is one of the best I have played and really want to see it continue to succeed.
Your internals (passive by nature) offer a great deal of customizable "special equipment" options---and I didn't see a separate thread or restriction about commenting about them here.  So---I hope I don't go in the box.  (Yes I read the rules).

For those 40+ year olds with no fast twich left (like me)---I like additional things that work without you quickly hitting another button.  More pre-thought and cunning.  And to increase the appeal of the game to a broader audience (i.e. older people).

1) Stealth armor [Defensive Internal]---decreases your radar signal when NOT Thrusting or Shooting.  The downside would be a loss of hit points (-3%)_  given that you couldn't shoot or Thrust to get the Stealth bonus and you always were without those hit points, one would imagine that the drop in radar signal could be quite significant (50%+) ---remembering you would not to get a bonus from other beefy Defensive Internal armor.  This is NOT the same as an active stealth item.
2) Nitro Fuel Thruster [Functional Internal]--Expand the Thruster group to introduce ones that provide an even greater Thrust Forward speed bonus (maybe +25%), but decrease the total amount of fuel by 5-10% and decrease your fuel regeneration by a degree.  If the Hawken system math could handle it---also a decrease in how much heat you bleed while thusting.

#224 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 25 2013 - 05:22 AM

I have got two ideas but I didn't read the whole thread so ignore this post if something like this is already been written:

MDM (Movement Detector Mine):
Type: Offensive Equipment
Damage Type: Explosive
Special Ability: none

The MDM is a mine placed by a mech and detonates if an enemy mech is near the mine. Before detonating, the mine will make a sound like a "beep" and detonating with a 0.6-0.8 second delay, so the enemy mech has a chance to avoid high damage by moving away quickly (side slide shift + a for example). The closer the mech is to the mine, the more damage is dealt. I thought around 160-190 damage when staying very close to the mine and 30-50 damage when beeing 'far' away. The explosvie radius could be around 1.5 mech lengths (I don't know many meters long a mech is sorry .. ^.^).

Alternatively suggestions: - The mine could also stick to a wall
- The mine is loaded with metal scrap and does no explsove damage.
- The mine has to build up to abuse it as a quick damage dealer in a fight.

Paintball:
Type: Defensive Equipment
Damage Type: none
Special Ability: blinderniss

The paintball is an defensive item wich is thrown by a mech to blind the enemy mech. The mech is blinded for 1.4-1.8 seconds if hit. The paintball has no bulletdrop (it is shot just like the emp in a dircet line). It's a simply but a powerfull and helpfull item if you are low health and an inflitrator or a scout is in front of you to give you the last hit.
BONUS: - The paintball's colour is selected randomly
  - The paintball will show cloaked inflitrators (as the inflitrator only cloaks itself) for 2.1-2.4 seconds

Alternatively suggestions: - The duration of blinderniss can be decreased by boosting forward (this can be also used by cloaked inflitrators)*
  - The paintball splashes if it hit's anything (mech, wall, ground etc.) and also hits other mechs in the area but does not blind them, only make their front window abit dirty (claoked inflitrators hit by a splashed paintball will also be seen as some little drops of the paintball will be seen).

Hope you like my suggestions :)

*Because the ink will be 'boosted away' faster.

Edited by FakeName, May 26 2013 - 03:17 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#225 Gravityhead

Gravityhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted May 25 2013 - 09:51 AM

artillery cannon
Posted Image

Place away from the battlefield.
enemy of the mark.
   Hawken TURKEY
25 Level Technician / Infiltrator / Bruiser / Berserker / Sharpshooter

#226 Gravityhead

Gravityhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted May 30 2013 - 05:42 AM

Posted Image orPosted Image

:ph34r:
   Hawken TURKEY
25 Level Technician / Infiltrator / Bruiser / Berserker / Sharpshooter

#227 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:31 AM

Not bad at all, maybe some kind of "Laser Trap"

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#228 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:48 PM

You guys wrote it all !!

Posted Image

#229 BOA279

BOA279

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 07:18 AM

Magnet trap

-slows enemy movement 50% while in range.
-very short range but effective in hallways and choke points to allow you to escape or to prevent them from running away

Heat clamp

-similar to repair charge but another color (red_)
-reduces heat buildup

source charge

-similar to EMP...a charge is shot in a straight line and a small area is effected on impact
-causes your bullets to gain accuracy and "track" the effected target.
-"hit a mech with the charge, dodge behind a wall and shoot 90 degrees from the target...the bullets curve around the wall striking the target"

#230 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostBOA279, on June 01 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Magnet trap

-slows enemy movement 50% while in range.
-very short range but effective in hallways and choke points to allow you to escape or to prevent them from running away

Heat clamp

-similar to repair charge but another color (red_)
-reduces heat buildup

source charge

-similar to EMP...a charge is shot in a straight line and a small area is effected on impact
-causes your bullets to gain accuracy and "track" the effected target.
-"hit a mech with the charge, dodge behind a wall and shoot 90 degrees from the target...the bullets curve around the wall striking the target"

Trap nice
heat clamp .. well ..
source charge nice idea but would be hard to implement I think

But I like the magnet trap ... good for sharpshooters and reapers or bruisers and assults .. it also could reduce the range of the dodging,

- FakeName

Posted Image

#231 SkaCappin

SkaCappin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 12:24 AM

Malicious Repair Drone
- sends your repair drone to a target enemy and will continuously attack (low damage) until you or the target dies or until you tape the ability button again and detonate the drone(s)
-- target is marked for the time the drone is active on it
-- in releasing your drone you sacrifice your ability to self repair
-- obviously low damage attack until explosion
-- useful for when one mech steps out of line (use ability and the mech returns to groupe, detonate causing spalsh damage and significant damage to origional target)
-- useful when you want to track an enemy around the map

In any case, it would be interesting to see a game mechanic where you sacrifice your ability to heal yourself.

#232 BOA279

BOA279

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 05:14 AM

Bow down

-A direct shot item similar to EMP without an area effect.  If it hits a target directly it forces the enemy to go into repair mode and recover half a second later.  Good for getting that final hit in or stopping a runner momentarily :)

Bouncing Betty

-A land mine laid on the ground that when disturbed by passing enemies jumps up to eye level, throws out 6-8 EOC pucks and explodes for splash damage.

Tracking Turret

A small turret that tracks a target in range with a laser.  allows for instant hellfire lock on unless target breaks beam with obstacle.

#233 tebughna

tebughna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 07 2013 - 03:01 AM

how about a spiked bumper or something that does damage by weight/speed_ personally I like to get right up in the enemy's face and I think it'd be fun to have those belly bumps have a reaction

#234 CLAY_VIRUS

CLAY_VIRUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 07 2013 - 10:19 AM

Magnetized Web

Gives the ability to launch a metallic chain web attached to 4 magnetized grenades at each corner, that can stick to mecks or metallic structures, and explodes after 3 seconds ~ish
Disable airborne mecks and force them to land (disable use of thrusters) and applies a moderate slow effect
also would be awesome if its possible to web multiple mecks together, will create some fun confusion moments :)
or if u can web a meck to a metallic wall :P

#235 Hiqu

Hiqu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location38.1528° N, 107.7611° W

Posted June 08 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mobility weapon

A mobility style special weapon. Maybe something like a zipline cannon that can be shot at a wall to pull you towards it. It would have a relatively short range, since it would have a cable. Once you shoot a wall it would have a .3-.5 second lag before it yanks you toward the wall. If you were to shoot a mech with it, it would do a small amount of damage and either pull you towards it if it is a heavier class than you (for example, you are an A class, and it a C class) or pull it towards you if you were a heavier class (you a C and it an A). I think it could be feasibly implemented, since it would use up the special weapon slot, which normally has a high-damage weapon, but in return for the lack of damage, you would be much more mobile. Also, the lag between the shot and the yank is not only realistic, since it would take a moment to begin pulling the zipline back, it would prevent you from being able to whip around like no ones business. I suppose it would also need a somewhat longer reload time as well.

Edited by Hiqu, June 08 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#236 CLAY_VIRUS

CLAY_VIRUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 10:32 AM

Taser Coil

Blasts the target with a high voltage shock, stuns for 1.5 sec and does some Dot, (insert awesome electric shock effect ;) )
if target is carrying EU, shock will cause explosive damage at the end of the effect, depending on the amount of EU carried, to give it a situational use
also can be used to disable enemy missile silos for about 7sec,
but don't specify these extra effects in the item description for the players to discover them

Hydraulic Rig

Passive upgrade item, negates fall damage and allow the mech to bounce back up after falling form a jet boost or a long fall.
Not sure how the bouncing will affect the gameplay, but thought some passive module for falling damage is missing atm
Con, loose acceleration speed of maneuvers

#237 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 11 2013 - 03:01 PM

Made a separate topic on it without realizing this was here: https://community.pl...-mini-jump-pad/

Deployable mini jump pad:
Deploys a miniature jump pad that allows for 3 boosts similar to the existing jump pads.

It would launch an unsuspecting mech into the air some way into the air. Not nearly as high as a normal jump pad, but say, maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of the height a normal jump pad launches you.  

The point of it is to make an enemy more conspicuous.  It's much easier to spot an enemy when they launched into the air and also easier to target them.  It would not do any damage and it could be placed down almost like a mine.  It would definitely throw off an enemy's movements.

it can also help out teammates too.  Instead of them using their fuel to say, fly up to the top of the AA, a deployable jump pad could help them get up there and save fuel.

You could use the jump pad to help yourself. Say you wanted to get to the highway level of Prosk from the ground level.  You could throw one of these pads down, get your vertical boost from the pad, and then use your fuel to boost the rest of the way there.

Edited by Silverfire, June 11 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#238 Epostle

Epostle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 07:29 PM

So I have 2 suggestions...

1.  Nuclear Meltdown-  While in close range, this mechanism can be fired as a projectile upon an opposing mech.  The would make the mech take percent damage over time.  This would help the long ranged mechs with the ability to fight at closer distances and help with their dps.

2.  Nuclear Waste-  While in close range, using this ability makes the enemy mech generate heat quicker for a duration.  This would be beneficial once against to close range skirmishes.

#239 Takaen

Takaen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted June 21 2013 - 03:07 PM

Marklight Turret / Drone

Defensive Item

As Turret: Placed medium range multi target identification / marker.

As Drone: Targeted long range single target identification / marker.

Marked target would be temporarily visible through obstacles (think red outline) regardless of distance.

Concept: Alternative to Portable Scanner

Placed Marklight Turret would locate and tag enemies with a radioactive isotope that passed within range. Target would be visible through walls and obstacles as a red outline of mech that would fade out over a short time (3 sec). Imagine with a cooldown between marks similar to Rocket Turret fire rate. Useful for covering a vulnerable approach to a defended area.

Launched Marklight Drone could tag onto a target and reveal it. Drone would hover near target and be destroyable or able to be boosted away from after a distance. Useful for tagging a Sharpshooter or Reaper in a good perch. Target would be revealed until escaped or destroyed.

Strength: Able to "counter" Radar Scrambler by outlining valid targets.

Weakness: Low health easily destroyable, Mark would fade quickly (turret), Mark would be escapable or destroyable (drone), Limited to Line of Sight exposure (can not mark target through obstacle.

#240 Wolverine_MK001

Wolverine_MK001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 10:01 AM

Defensive Item ideas

Backwards Thrust Canisters: allows mechs to thrust backwards instead of turning 180.

+ allows adequate breathing room or space for TOW or Hellfire missiles to be launched without sustaining damage. (or avoiding accidental death)
+ removes 180 degree turn. (keeping you on target)
+ does not require fuel. (replenishes itself)
+ explosives have small to no chance of rupturing canisters. (requires direct hits)

- replaces defensive item with external body parts.
- long cool down equivalent to two dodging maneuvers.
- is prone to explode from small arms fire. (i.e. flak cannon, assault rifle, Point-D Vulcan, etc.)

Hologram Drone: a moving decoy that follows a calculated path and fires at hostiles inorder to fool aggressors into following it.

+ confuses enemies who want to finish you off.
+ has a radar signature.
+ does minimal damage.
+ If enemy is too close explodes like detonator. (but half damage for balance'n stuff)
+ behaves similar to your mech's Class and armament. (i.e. acts like a raider if your mech is a raider)

- has higher chance to glitch out that than standing hologram.
- small chance to be a dud.
- is destroyed easily.

Offensive Item ideas

T-32 Bolt Turret: a short range emplacement built to contest choke points such as tight corridors, EU stations, AAs, and repair hideaways.

+ makes contesting hard target interiors easier than it would be with a TOW or Point-D turret.
+ great ambush item for picking off enemy mechs seeking shelter in hideaways.
+ perfect for harassing or cutting off supply lines at the source.

- limited engagement range.
- easily picked off from afar.
- lacks the versatility of a TOW or Point-D Turret.
- overheats quickly and often

HTRE: a turret mounted with a Helix Repair Torch that heals friendly nearby mechs.

+ useful when technician is not available.
+ heals friendlies within its small radius.
+ makes contesting AAs and EU Stations a bit easier.
+ If no friendlies nearby with begin eating enemies with twice the output of the original HRT and double the range.
+ if it begins deconstructing enemy mechs a vampiric affect occurs allowing it to repair friendlies for an extended period of time.

- determines who to he based on damage sustained, mechs importance, and handicap. (i.e. when a scout approaches it with 118HP 21.4% and a brawler enters its radius with 57HP 6.1% it'll choose the brawler based on the fact he is less likely to escape, is built for punishment, and has the same armament... more or less as well having a way smaller percentage of its original Armor)
- heals one mech at a time.
- explodes after heavy use causing friendly damage. (ball park estimate Repairs after 2500HP)
- does not boost or buff mechs past hp limitations (i.e. it wont cover you when taking fire after it has already repaired you to max hp if other friendlies are within radius)

Notes: each item can be exploited in different ways small mech usually have insane maneuver capabilities, 2v2 matches can become one sided with the HRTE, holograms can fake numbers if enough players have them, the T-32 can be a cheap means of kills or assists. So yeah they'd need to be very well balnced.

Another side note it would be easy to calculate a mechs importance based on a point system for its class, damage, and support role. for instance C - class mechs are 50 points based on class alone, B- class 25, A - class 5; then factor in its damage with 3% ratio to the Amour of the A - class, 2% to the Amour of the B - Class, and obviously like a bit over 1% for the heavy like 1.5% or something. after that all you gotta do is factor in if its a short, medium, or long range mech giving short range the most points since they are constantly in harms way. (i.e. Scouts, Brawlers, Bruisers, and Raiders.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users