HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#261 BigHawngry

BigHawngry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:57 PM

View Postkaoticfish, on August 21 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I like the idea of a multi surface turret, maybe a magnetic mine would be a great way to cover a sharpshooters back as well.

AND let us stick turrets to friends LOL!
Posted Image

#262 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted October 28 2013 - 01:47 AM

This thread is a painful reminder of what Hawken could have been.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#263 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 09:18 AM

I propose a few new items.

Thermal Optics - Acting much like predator vision (without the seeing through walls bit) activating this item gives you thermal vision that reveals cloaked enemies and mechs and items that are concealed by foliage, holograms and smoke screens.
1 slot
duration - until damage is sustained
cooldown - 20 seconds

Smoke Grenade - Has the same launching dynamics of the h.e. grenade. Creates a smoke screen that default vision cannot see through. Predator vision and thermal optics can however see through the smoke. If an enemy is spotted "Q" the the red highlight of their mech is revealed even while in smoke (puts more emphasis on using the spotting mechanic). Mechs with thermal vision or predator vision can spot enemies in smoke. When inside the smoke enemies become visible at very close ranges (maybe 5m__).

Smoke Grenade - mk1
Ideal for tight corridors and a-classes that like to ninja smoke bomb.
  -radius: 25m

Smoke Grenade - mk2
Good for masking team movements in narrow chokes.
  -radius: 45m

Smoke Grenade - mk3
Set up a giant frontal assault or devastating flank, maybe rain smoke on the battlefield then switch to your thermal vision and take out the blinded enemies that now have a shortened vision range.
-radius: 90m

Note - if possible, make it possible for enemies that are spotted and highlighted in the smoke to be locked by hellfires. Otherwise enemies that are concealed in the smoke should not be lockable by hellfires.

Note 2 - Portable Scanners should have a 30% chance to detect enemies in a smoke screen.

Heat Grenade - Has the same launching dynamics of the h.e. grenade. When this grenade explodes it applies heat to enemy mechs which slowly degenerates. Mechs that are affected by the heat grenade show a sort of hot steam release animation coming off the mech until the total amount of heat generated by the grenade is dissipated. If a mech overheats as a result from the blast of a heat grenade, the steam effect coming off the mech is noticeably more intense than normal and lasts until weapon restart is complete.

Heat Grenade - mk1
  radius: 10m
  heat generated: 20% of heat capacity

Heat Grenade - mk2
  radius: 12m
  heat generated: 30% of heat capacity

Heat Grenade - mk3
  radius: 15m
  heat generated: 45% of heat cpacity

These of course are just what I think these items should look like, and the stats I feel would be a good point to start at when discussing balance. I am not saying the given values are what would work best. Please comment with any thoughts on these items, any stat changes you would implement with a reason why, any cool strategies or scenarios you could see these items in, any reason why these items would be broken and or imbalanced.

Thanks for reading!

Also if you like this idea bump the thread!
https://community.pl...thermal-vision/

#264 BLTasty

BLTasty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmall Town next to a REALLY big city

Posted November 21 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostCounterlogicMan, on November 08 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

I propose a few new items.

Heat Grenade - Has the same launching dynamics of the h.e. grenade. When this grenade explodes it applies heat to enemy mechs which slowly degenerates. Mechs that are affected by the heat grenade show a sort of hot steam release animation coming off the mech until the total amount of heat generated by the grenade is dissipated. If a mech overheats as a result from the blast of a heat grenade, the steam effect coming off the mech is noticeably more intense than normal and lasts until weapon restart is complete.

Heat Grenade - mk1
  radius: 10m
  heat generated: 20% of heat capacity

Heat Grenade - mk2
  radius: 12m
  heat generated: 30% of heat capacity

Heat Grenade - mk3
  radius: 15m
  heat generated: 45% of heat cpacity

These of course are just what I think these items should look like, and the stats I feel would be a good point to start at when discussing balance. I am not saying the given values are what would work best. Please comment with any thoughts on these items, any stat changes you would implement with a reason why, any cool strategies or scenarios you could see these items in, any reason why these items would be broken and or imbalanced.

Thanks for reading!

Also if you like this idea bump the thread!
https://community.pl...thermal-vision/
  heat grenade is cool. It also has uses in the sense that a quarter of the mechs currently are set up to have decreased overheat time - which is almsot always avoided. this type of item might legitimize the need to take some decreased cool down. I'm picturing something along the lines of an infective flare almost like a bioweapon but one that generates heat.

#265 Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted November 23 2013 - 08:11 AM

under Concussives: MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs). One use total, per game round.

Posted Image

#266 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted November 25 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postdavek1979, on October 28 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

This thread is a painful reminder of what Hawken could have been.
that day hawken players recieved a grim reminder of what hawken could be
Spoiler

Posted Image

#267 TracerRound

TracerRound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted January 08 2014 - 04:14 PM

Boosting Thrusters

Give you aditional speed when boosting for a short timeand is recharchable.
Maybe can't turn when in use to buff it down a bit.

#268 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted January 17 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostMorticius, on November 23 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

under Concussives: MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs). One use total, per game round.
*cough* mini nuke *cough*
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#269 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted January 19 2014 - 01:31 PM

please dont listen to these people.... just make unique weapons specialized for each mech make us proud to play hawken.

#270 PR_503ak

PR_503ak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:07 AM

B)

#271 DragoXXVIII

DragoXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 11:43 AM

Tether/snare mines/bombs : High explosive bombs or mines that hold  a target with in the blast radius / atatch and drag behind the mech befor reeling in an blowing up (more of a trap item for mechs like the preditor and infiltrator) potential to immobilize a mech (no turn/walk/jump/aim) except boosting and shooting

claymore type explosives as well

Edited by DragoXXVIII, January 24 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#272 Kulikov1990

Kulikov1990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 06:55 AM

Think many does not like that items now are not filled. Want to offer the idea of the unset with orbits one or several disposable containers with items in free point of the card. This container will be with seamark which will see both commands. This will create the additional point of the fight on card. The items get not all, only that who will withdrew their first... and will remain above-ground of course.

Edited by Kulikov1990, February 08 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#273 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 10 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostSHEEPUNITE, on February 10 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

The removal of recharging Items( while realistic ) Has taken away the tactical advantage to staying alive it offered. While the obvious and only incentive to remain alive now is K/D it felt great being rewarded by the game with in combat tools, rather than just a stat.

Got me thinking. There are many that liked the ability that items recharge over time from the previous patch, so it would be nice to still give them that option.

Item Reconstructor (2 slots) - Restores 1 charge to all items for every 340 points (around there) collected from repair orbs.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 10 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#274 rejwen

rejwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 05:37 AM

EMP Mine, duration like normal EMP but U can throw only behind your back. Mostly ueseful when u running away.
sorry for my english

#275 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted March 27 2014 - 04:52 AM

I've decided that mines in this game shouldn't be just 'blow-out-the-enemy' mines. They can have some special features which can be very useful in defeating the enemy. Here is some of them (they can be also found in the special equipment suggestions thread):

MINES.

All these mines:
-get deactivated after 5 minutes from being dropped
-can be Mk I, Mk II and Mk III and depending on this they can contain 1, 2 or 3 charges as almost every item in the game.
-are visible, but use camoulflage which makes them have similar color with the surrounding.

Every proximity mine can be placed also on walls.
If the enemy sees a mine before he gets trapped, he can easily destroy it with any weapon (every mines HP is 45). To assure player that he successfully destroyed a mine, he will see a little explosion.

KRONOS-02 Transfixer Mine
Note: This is NOT an EMP mine. What transfixing is going to mean is written below.

KRONOS-02 Transfixer Mine can transfix enemy mech. When enemy steps on it, it activates, transfixing him for 2 seconds and dealing 50 damage. The mine can be placed on the ground only.
Transfixing means the transfixed mech can only shoot and it can only use thusters for moving.

Heat Mine

This mine is not a 'heat dispersion' mine. When you drop a Heat Mine and an enemy mech steps on it, it gets overheated immediately and takes 50 damage.

Freeze Mine

After being dropped, this mine freezes enemy mech that stepped on it for 3 seconds. Frozen enemy can't use his 1hrusters for anything, his movement speed is being slowed by 15% and his ROF is being slowed by 10%. Freeze effect can be taken off by faster taking heat.

Turret Mine

Turret Mine is a kind of proximity mine, but does not blow the enemy out. When an enemy mech comes too close, the mine transforms into an automatic turret.
There are 2 types of Turret Mine:
1. MG Turret Mine (Transforms into an automatic MG turret)
2. Rocket Turret Mine (Transforms into an automatic rocket turret)
After being transformed into a turret, the mine's HP increases to 1.5 HP number of a normal turret.

False Signal Mine

False Signal Mine is a proximity mine which sends false signal to the enemy mech that came to close, causing it to use its special ability.

Shield Trap Mine
I know this name is kinda stupid, but I couldn't make a better one. If you can, please write to me about it.
Note: this mine isn't for trapping and killing he enemy, it is for trapping and spotting him.

When enemy mech walks into a Shield Trap Mine, the mine traps him inside a shield sphere (for 3 seconds) and reports the position to the mine dropper and his teammates, no matter how far away they are. The shield can't be penetrated by mechs nor any weapons so the trapped mech can't be killed until the Shield Trap Mine's work is done.

If there is anything I can improve, write me a PM about it.

Thank you for attention :)

Edited by Sadistic_Dentist, March 31 2014 - 02:13 AM.

WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#276 ZoePaige

ZoePaige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 06:27 PM

A group heal item would be nice. It works like the standard repair deployable but heals more mechs for a slightly longer time.

Or let us buy upgrades for existing deployables. Like an upgrade for the bubbly shield that can heal anybody inside, or cloak them when they step in, but add static to the inside layer of the bubble, they can't see you, you can't see them. Except for predators, it could knock their cloak off while they're inside like firing a weapon does, but only temporarily.

Upgrade the blockade (heh) to reflect shots instead of absorbing them.

Cluster bomb/MIRV missle upgrade to the HE grenades or detonators. Self explanatory.

But once you start upgrading a deployable, it takes a specified path that cannot be reversed. Originally offensive items become defensive/supportive, and vice versa. Then if you want to 'undo' all of your upgrades you have to start over by scrapping it. Or sell it on an open mech market...

#277 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 06:35 AM

Drone
Helecopter

#278 ChromeTitan

ChromeTitan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 01:26 AM

Grey zone. A small device similar to the radar jammer and portable radar. It makes a distinct sound giving away its position. Once activated it doesnt allow the activation of utility functions in the area. For example if a tow was fired into or through a grey zone it could no longer be remote detonated. Pred mines couldnt be detonated, missles lose lock etc.

Paranoia turret. A simple easily detected lock on system. It locks onto enemy mechs making them think they are being targetted by hellfires when in reality it actually doesnt shoot anything. Then those pesky flankers will have to figure out if they are actually being attacked or not. The lack of weaponry makes it significantly smaller. Mk1 takes 1 space instead of 2, Mk2 takes 2 and mk3 takes 3.
Effort applied correctly is success, effort applied incorrectly is experience. The pain of experience is temporary, the glory of success is forever.

#279 VidBeas

VidBeas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 05:28 PM

Ah, where do I begin.  How about here...

Laser cannon- It goes on your back, yeah that's right, your back, not your shoulders. once per game, you can use your laser cannon to instantly deal 500 damage, when using this weapon you cannot use any others because it's on your back, therefore you must be bent over to use it. (no freaking pervertedness).

Equilock- A grenade-like thing, but instead of bouncing, it goes directly straight any range. What it does is if you see sny items out, you can EMP them by hitting the grey area, shields are an exception, it will hit those and destroy them immediately.

H2O2 tank- A tank full of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide), when used, it gives a large boost to your speed.

#280 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 16 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostVidBeas, on June 15 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Ah, where do I begin.  How about here...

Laser cannon- It goes on your back, yeah that's right, your back, not your shoulders. once per game, you can use your laser cannon to instantly deal 500 damage, when using this weapon you cannot use any others because it's on your back, therefore you must be bent over to use it. (no freaking pervertedness).

Class c  f butten

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users