HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#241 Warvain

Warvain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 14 2013 - 10:46 AM

Sield or Force Trap (S.O.F.T. Mine or Grenade)

How about a reverse and tweaking of the shield support item. Either as a grenade or mine type. When used or deployed, depending on the type, it throws a shield around the target similar to the defensive one. The exception is that what is hit is trapped, as rounds and missles may pass in but not out. Let it last as long as an EMP pulse which seems to be fairly short lived. Grenade physics would be similar to the H.E. Grenade as far as distance and speed.

variant: target trapped but rounds can not enter or leave for say 5 seconds.

Edited by Warvain, July 14 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#242 E_2_

E_2_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted July 16 2013 - 06:15 PM

Shrapnel Charge-
Like an H.E. charge because it can be thrown. does little splash damage because the real threat is getting hit by hot shrapnel. Even though the shrapnel would do a very large amount of damage, the chances of getting hit will be low. This idea could also be implemented as a cluster bomb.

Multi-surface Turrets-
These are turrets that can be mounted to walls and ceilings as well as floors. When deployed they are launched as a pod that latches to the surface it comes in contact with and unfolds into the turret.

Grenade Turret-
Turret that comes standard with the grenaider mech. The turret would have to calculate for the grenade's arching flight path, but this could be used to allow the turret to shoot grenades over obstacles that enemies are hiding behind.

#243 mattymoto

mattymoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 08:57 AM

trip wires

i think is would be funny if you could make trip wires to make mechs fall over for a small period of time would be more comical than any othere way of disabeling them.

rigged to blow

a peace of equiptment that meant that when you die you blow up after a few second dealing damage to near by mechs or maybe having an on death EMP system.

Edited by mattymoto, July 19 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#244 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted July 19 2013 - 10:17 AM

I suggest to introduce Reinforced legs --> +2m/s walk speed and -10 fuel capacity.
I think it will be very usefull for C-class mech.

Edited by Zanozus, July 19 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#245 Gryyphen

Gryyphen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 10:43 AM

Stasis field

(This might be similar to a couple under the defensive section, but I thought it was different enough to mention)

Deploys a single or double wide energy web behind that temporarily immobilizes mechs that touch it.  Could be used in a multitude of ways and could also work against you if not careful (ie, you could get stuck in it too).  Would allow for weapon firing, but no movement while trapped.

#246 perebraco

perebraco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:16 AM

how about a grappling hooks_
could be as an item_
press r and a grappling hooks shoots out of the shoulders and stick to the surface
range:100-500 meters
when shoot at an enemy it pulls it towards you  but doesn't make damage
can hold the player mech stuck to the wall for 10 seconds and then breaks
each player is equipped with 4 G.H.
2 on each shoulder
adds +2 m/s dash speed
if you wan't to release the grappling hook just press r again which removes -1 grappling hook from your inventory
can be fired at the ground which speeds you towards the point of contact
so what do you think_

Edited by perebraco, August 03 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#247 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 06 2013 - 10:41 AM

Silator:

decreases radar signature by 25% (permanent)

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#248 Teknoman_Rapier

Teknoman_Rapier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted August 09 2013 - 12:19 AM

One change I would like to submit in this area is the ability to be able to have more than one type of turret available in your loadout.  I think if you want to have both the missile turret and the gun turret, you should be able to scroll between them and be able to drop both types.  The same is to be said should you want to drop both a scanner and a scrambler.  Even though one may have purchased the two items, per section, you should be able to scroll between them.  Not having this ability hampers your tactical abilities.

Additionally, I also think we should be able to select secondary weapons like we are able to have some liberty in that department with the primary weapons.

Again just food for thought.

#249 slothmonster

slothmonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:11 PM

an abillity to sneak ie:drop off radar for eg halo crouch walking  you move slowly but when your near death can help keep you alive if your lucky

#250 kaoticfish

kaoticfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:28 AM

I like the idea of a multi surface turret, maybe a magnetic mine would be a great way to cover a sharpshooters back as well.

#251 GOmaDn

GOmaDn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:21 AM

Did a search for "target painter" and nothing showed, so here goes.
A targeting laser that broadcasts the location of any mech in your sighting reticule to every other player in a standard deathmatch or to team members in other modes. This could be used to lock on with missiles without having line-of-sight.
The balance would be that it lights you up on the targeted mechs radar as well and makes you vulnerable to flank attacks since you have to keep the target in your sights.
I think this sort of thing would make the scouts and infiltrators better able to be the support mechs their name suggests and encourage cooperation between players.

#252 InfiniteWin

InfiniteWin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 04:59 AM

Adhesive Meteors: Can be used up to three times before the ability goes on Cooldown. When a target moves between two or three of the meteors that are lieing on the ground, the meteors will be stuck to the target for 5 seconds. While they are stuck on a target they burn the Armor by 5 per meteor that hits the target (up to 15 damage per second (75 armor) every second and they will glog up the thrusters, disabling boosting and dodging for 5 seconds.
InfiniteWin, winning all day, every day

#253 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 08:00 AM

How about a radar jammer_ .. and I don't mean like the scrambler.  I mean you turn it on and for a time all Mechs within a certain range of your mech stop receiving radar blips. on the screen the radar will seem to be working normally but they just cant detect anything.

maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute of use before it runs out of power and stops would be pretty good. turn it on for a surprise attack.  

I think it would be a nice counterpart to the scrambler, you get to use it on the move rather than dropping it but for a shorter duration and slightly different effect.
Posted Image

#254 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hello, I'd like to see the following improvement for shield:

1. Shield should launch / appear much faster, just in time when clicking the shield button (for example button "2" on keyboard). It is because I noticed I die too many times only because I pressed shield button and it appeared too late. In this state it is useless.
2. Prevent enemy mech to come inside the shield - the same reason as above - this should prevent from killing
3. Shields should be more powerfull - it disappear too fast.

Thank you.

#255 antiskub

antiskub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 08:03 PM

Perhaps visual options that expand past the superficial_  

Such as modifying your Legs to be Tank treads or some variant of "wheels".  (Or something akin to Johnny-5 in "short Circuit")

Perhaps you would lose the ability to strafe but could turn your torso independent of your body and/or attain higher ground speed.  

Perhaps forgoing Jets all together in favor of longer, quicker legs.

Perhaps having a propulsion system (in place of legs) that made you solely focused on flight combat, but The size of your weapons and chasis (and with it, your level of armor and fire power), would have a much larger effect on your mobility.

These are some broad suggestions, but I think they would have many benefits.

1.) they would go a long way to making Mechs more "readable" on the battlefield.  where as right now, I often cant tell the difference between the 3 turret-y mechs because they can all be customized to look identical to one another.  

2.) it adds a much needed level of diversity to your customization options.  some internals hint at this, with the ability to dodge in mid-air and such, but this is a mech game, and getting to be creative with how you design your mech aesthetically is a huge part of the appeal, and those aesthetics have more meaning when your marry their form with a layer of function.

#256 InfiniteWin

InfiniteWin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostHiszpanski, on September 18 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

1. Shield should launch / appear much faster, just in time when clicking the shield button (for example button "2" on keyboard). It is because I noticed I die too many times only because I pressed shield button and it appeared too late. In this state it is useless.
2. Prevent enemy mech to come inside the shield - the same reason as above - this should prevent from killing

Thank you.
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no. Shield was op Pre-Ascension and it is quite balanced at the moment.
InfiniteWin, winning all day, every day

#257 Rabid_Peanut_Butter

Rabid_Peanut_Butter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 04:51 PM

I love playing Siege, and was thinking about how I missed those extra EU canisters that you could equip (I think the current setup is great though).

What about an item that would start to eat up EU if your fuel is exhausted_  Would be an interesting trade off I think.  Plus, makes those green orbs that are scattered after a battle really compelling.

#258 BigHawngry

BigHawngry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:46 PM

Two items that are a MUST ADD, and should take up the same amount of space as an Air Compressor.

Momentum Increase
  • You maintain you speed at which you just boosted or dodged if you jump during or immediately afterward!
Ge-force Drift Units
  • You lose your ability to quick dodge left or right but gain the ability to boost those directions instead!
Imagine the kind of fights you could get into with just one of these equipped and the Air Compressor

Edited by BigHawngry, October 23 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

#259 BigHawngry

BigHawngry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostRabid_Peanut_Butter, on October 17 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I love playing Siege, and was thinking about how I missed those extra EU canisters that you could equip (I think the current setup is great though).

What about an item that would start to eat up EU if your fuel is exhausted_  Would be an interesting trade off I think.  Plus, makes those green orbs that are scattered after a battle really compelling.

There could be an item like that for sure!

The Recycle Unit
  • IF the DE is inactive & your mech runs out of fuel it will burn whatever current EU you are carrying until you regenerate fuel.

Posted Image

#260 BigHawngry

BigHawngry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostHiszpanski, on September 18 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Thank you.

I can agree with #2, only friendly units should be able to enter your shield, and shields should have a red or green (FOF) friend or foe ring to show if it is accessible or not.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users