HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How badly under powered sharpshooter is.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostBuDeKai, on December 07 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

this is not a fact. the earth rotates over a 24 hour period, is a fact. and until you have a fan base, i dont think anyone gets to claim their skills as "highly regarded"
I would say that once people begin accusing you of hax, you know you're good. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#62 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:37 AM

naw thats just people being uninformed. ive been called a hacker in league and i am truly awful at it. i think im around 1000 elo.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#63 RabidWolf

RabidWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:43 AM

I feel that yes sharpshooter should have a body guard or someone on the frontlines, but just the accuracy of the weapons alone is terrible to start. A class that depends on accuracy hit that can barely hit anything within 20m. Accuraccy should not be leveled, others stats like damage or reload speed should be upgraded and accuraccy should be a constant.

#64 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 07 2012 - 10:13 AM

The reason SS suffers more than other mechs is that it relies on ACC and precision -- AT ANY RANGE.  The reticule in every mech is flawed and Ill tell you how:
  When inside the cockpit and at full standstill notice how the reticule and weapons are all aligned towards the center of the screen as it's 'posed to be.  Now the glitch comes in when you add another dimension, movement.  Subtly stepping forward, i.e. a 1sec press on "W", causes the reticule to dip down like 4-7 degrees(not exactly sure but somewhere around there).  When this happens ONLY the RETICULE moves downwards and both primary and secondary weapons remain straight forward.  Firing under this circumstance results in inaccurate shots.  While this isn't a major deal for flak, nades, tow, seekers, etc it creates a HUGE acc deficiency w/ballistic weaponary w/the exception of the AR (Assault Rifle) because for some reason the trajectory matches the dipping reticule syndrome.  This can be repeated over and over (CB3 files) with SABOT, HAWKINS(especially this weapon has major trajectory issues associated with it), and the Slug.  Although it isn't nearly as bad as the former.
    "PAX Hawken" as Ill refer to it still holds some combat aspects deserving of resurrection namely the trajectory and "footing".

So it's not that the SS is totally UP, although the Sabot cyclic rate is way slow for it's dmg output and as Talesin noted heat buildup is ridiculously fast.  Being an SS prodigy it's tough having to rely on messy tow missiles to subdue opponents-some of u are aware of my surgical shooting! :-)
-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#65 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 07 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostBuDeKai, on December 07 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

this is not a fact. the earth rotates over a 24 hour period, is a fact. and until you have a fan base, i dont think anyone gets to claim their skills as "highly regarded"
I would say that once people begin accusing you of hax, you know you're good. :P
Hackusations without proof only indicate that the person making the accusations is bad, not that the person being accused is good.

Case in point:
Posted Image
The match in question.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#66 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 07 2012 - 05:09 PM

Basically what Asian said
Oh and for those of you who watch that video and are annoyed by what you perceive to be spawncamping, those dropships allow the spawning team to shoot out safely, though they have to leave every once in a while or the game will consider them AFK and kick them
Dropship camping, while still kinda frowned upon, is still basically putting the attacking team at a major disadvantage

Also, DA stands for Double Agent, and is a mode in which a 4 man team (the same number of players as a PvE team) fights through a fairly easy PvE instance against a decent number of bots as well as two other players. The two man defending team has to stop the attacking team from breaking through to the boss and killing it within the allotted time
It used to be something you could just queue up for at any time, but then people started farming it and they moved it to a timed queue that pops up once every hour or something like that
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#67 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:12 PM

i dont mind the fact that WALKING makes your reticle dip. why_ Its an aspect of realism. get over it.

as for the qq about being inaccurate as soon as you move with the sabot/hawkins and whatnot...jesus h christ please stahp..

Edited by Decoy101x, December 07 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#68 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on December 07 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

i dont mind the fact that WALKING makes your reticle dip. why_ Its an aspect of realism. get over it.

as for the qq about being inaccurate as soon as you move with the sabot/hawkins and whatnot...jesus h christ please stahp..
Don't bring realism into a discussion concerning a game about mechs that have to disable themselves completely to repair, and who send kamikaze ships to destroy enemy bases to stop them from infinitely respawning from a power source that apparently can't generate said ships in the first place

As for the second statement, 2 things
1. RNG is a bad mechanic that should be used minimally to encourage skilled behaviour (a la CS' spread mechanic)
2. You shouldn't encourage a class to stand still in a game that is all about mobility
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#69 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostBeemann, on December 07 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostDecoy101x, on December 07 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Don't bring realism into a discussion concerning a game about mechs that have to disable themselves completely to repair, and who send kamikaze ships to destroy enemy bases to stop them from infinitely respawning from a power source that apparently can't generate said ships in the first place

As for the second statement, 2 things
1. RNG is a bad mechanic that should be used minimally to encourage skilled behaviour (a la CS' spread mechanic)
2. You shouldn't encourage a class to stand still in a game that is all about mobility

Youre not the boss of me.  YOURE NOT MY REAL MOM!!

Edited by Decoy101x, December 07 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#70 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 08 2012 - 12:42 PM

Ok. Anyways... I've not played the SS during CB3 (although I played it A LOT during previous phases..) If its primary weapon has been nerfed too much then its versatility on the field will get drastically reduced. Sucking at close/medium combat the SS will be relegated to support and long range sniper. Thing which I could not consider as to be positive in the game.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#71 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 08 2012 - 02:01 PM

Put it this way: Even those of us who were good with it in prior test phases would turn in, at best, ho-hum performances with it as it was in CB3.

It was TRULY awful for the first day or two, then it got better, but its usefulness was effectively zero once you began moving or shooting at really distant things.

Like I said, I'm gonna risk spending 1030 of my MP on buying another... so I'll see how it feels then. If it's like good old times, those Rocketeers are gonna have a bad time since I won't have to get close to them to kill them anymore.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#72 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted December 08 2012 - 02:50 PM

Having played against a SS that managed a 20 - 0 record several games running, I the issues with the mech are a matter of a steeper learning curve than most other mechs. It's an issue that affects the Infiltrator as well, though to a lesser degree. The end result is that a player who has worked out the conditions where his weapons will hit, and mastered the aim and timing necessary, will be absolutely deadly with either mech, but those that haven't will be pretty useless. The difference being that the Infiltrator has other weapons and abilities that allow lesser players to be competitive with the platform, where SS users need to either be very good, or fail miserably. The upside is that a really good player using a SS is utterly terrifying. I've played against people who can hit anything they can see, even moving targets, and the only way I've found to kill them is to gang up or make sure I'm not seen before I can get a few shots in. The accuracy and hitscan nature of the SS guns make them incredibly effective if you take the time to work out why you are missing shots you think you should have made, in the same way that the HEAT become deadly once you stop thinking that the reticule has any relation to where you should aim.

#73 145154151164145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted December 08 2012 - 04:50 PM

quick clip of me playing ss at close range.  It is very possible once you get the hang of scoping at the right times.  Granted they were not the best players, I can pretty much do this against anyone but good class a players, and even then its still a pretty even fight. I might upload the whole vid later but its massive so it will take a while...

#74 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 08 2012 - 08:26 PM

---Quality of the original video file is great; not understanding why the .avi clarity diminished upon upload.  Might be the host compressing it or whatever >.>   It still demonstrates how being on the move and avoiding dmg create tough circumstances for even easy shots to land.  There ws a clearly missed shot & this isn't my best "work", yet it shows some key examples of what I'd stated earlier as well as the Hawkins trajectory varying.

Posted Image

--Working on the quality for a better upload.

Edited by GatNic3, December 08 2012 - 08:29 PM.

-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#75 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 12:33 AM

View Post145154151164145, on December 08 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

quick clip of me playing ss at close range.  It is very possible once you get the hang of scoping at the right times.  Granted they were not the best players, I can pretty much do this against anyone but good class a players, and even then its still a pretty even fight. I might upload the whole vid later but its massive so it will take a while...

I don't see that most of those shots NEEDED to be scoped, honestly, but I can see that the bonus damage is nice.

#76 145154151164145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostKaraipantsu, on December 09 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

View Post145154151164145, on December 08 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I don't see that most of those shots NEEDED to be scoped, honestly, but I can see that the bonus damage is nice.

They need to be scoped unless you like to rely on chance. I scope everything unless its close to point blank.

#77 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 09 2012 - 05:54 AM

How to win with a SS in CBE3: be up here.

Posted Image

#78 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 09 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostRoundlay, on December 09 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

How to win with a SS in CBE3: be up here.

Posted Image
Every match I've seen people do that in, they come in bottom of the charts.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#79 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 09 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on December 09 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Every match I've seen people do that in, they come in bottom of the charts.

Congratulations. You got the joke.

#80 Warwhale

Warwhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted December 10 2012 - 07:55 AM

this game doesnt suit powerful sniping

its good that they are a support role and not an annoying, hand of god that u cant even fight back against

early beta SS was OP and game breaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users