HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

*UPDATED* Vanguard Initiative Only Available Until December 6!

Announcement Exclusive Game Website

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:37 AM

As others have said before, remember they're really doing this basically as an act of kindness and an attempt to ensure the community doesn't feel cheated.

There may or may not be something they can do about the taxes (that's up to the taxmen for the most part) but you can clearly tell that they're trying to "do things right" if the systems are wrong:
  • People who are forced to pay extra money due to the tax get extra MP to compensate. If my calculations are correct, and the USD-to-MP rate doesn't change, some of the folks who end up buying the Commander pack might get nearly 5000 more MP as a result.
  • The boosts went from activation on Open Beta launch to a code for activation at the player's choice. Even if it winds up being one boost that's twice as long as opposed to two boosts of the amount you paid for, you will still get to decide when to activate it.
  • The devs are working to make the exclusive stuff account-bound, so eventually Cupcake's parts will be available for any C-Class, and your camo, decal, thruster, repair droid, etc. will be useable on all your mechs.
  • Don't forget that for those of us who were in Fight Club, they have to do something else unique for us too, and none of us have any idea what that is going to be, but obviously it'd have to be flagged in a similar way as an account-level unlock once that is put in.
Simply put, these guys really are bending over backward, possibly even more than they have to, to try to make as many people as happy as they can.

And you know what_ These are the sorts of guys who ultimately get a diehard following for all their hard work. It reminds me a lot of how Epic Games was in the late 90s and early 2000s - a team of devs who made a game they love dearly, and gave back to their fans over and over. Unreal Tournament had four 100% free bonus packs launched that added and expanded to the game (this was before the DLC era of course). Hawken will, no doubt, be continually supported in the same way throughout its life, all for free, and nobody has to pay for anything if they don't want to.

But you know what_ I did. This game's had my attention since this spring. I've taken literally over 20,000 screenshots and now have to try to cherry-pick them and try to get a preview article up for BeyondUnreal if I can. I still have plenty of beta videos to upload (which is sadly severely hampered by my upload being a single megabit). But I felt the game was easily worth the $60, and all I've seen here, if anything, makes me feel all the more justified that my money did not go to waste.

Their next week will be hell, but after that_ Their Christmas vacations (or whatever vacations they take) will be richly deserved by all.

Fujimura-sensei put it best:

Posted Image

Good thing my final exam is on the 11th. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#122 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:12 AM

The bad fact that I actually paid 72,20€ because of the fuzzy bunny VAT at 22% of my thief country!

#123 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:26 AM

The bad fact that I actually paid 72,20€ thanks to  the f****ng VAT of 22% because of my thief country!

Edited by Lorenzitto, December 07 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#124 Joebeans

Joebeans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:30 AM

so you can start your boost when you want now_
Posted Image

Website:www.gamersplatoon.com                                                                                      Teamspeak:ts3.gamersplatoon.com

#125 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:16 AM

Bah, I was going to buy my son a bronze package and forgot the deadline. Oh well, now he'll want to play my guy all the time haha.

#126 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostJoebeans, on December 07 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

so you can start your boost when you want now_
Apparently so, though the devs are not sure if it will be a single (but double-length) code, or if it will be 2x codes for each of your bonuses.

#127 Capaburro

Capaburro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostIkbosh, on December 05 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Just wanna say, thankyou for making an excellent game and I look forward to playing the Open Beta. I personally do not care that I will never use that Mech, I do not care the boosts will be activated upon day one (Even though I do work full time and won't get to use the first 3 days worth) and I don't care that for now the skins will be locked to the prototype Mech. Reason I am saying this, is so you, the staff, know there are people that appreciate the effort you have put into this. The reason I purchased my Commander package was simply to give you money. I'm getting it back and then some in Meteor Credit form and thus am happy. Don't let these whiny people get you down, because I imagine 95% of the other people that purchased a package do not care about these dilemmas and because they're satisfied, aren't saying anything.

Keep up the good work!

I support this thought too :)

#128 [HWK]Long$hot

[HWK]Long$hot

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:10 PM

As you may all know we are a handful of days away from open beta and are diligently working on polishing. Things have been somewhat hectic in regards to the Vanguard initiative but I assure you that we are working hard to resolve the issue.

A side note: After getting caught up on this thread, I felt the need to express my appreciation for having such awesome fans! Thank you for your understanding and patience as we get things resolved. We want this to be a game that we are proud of and more importantly that you, the fans, enjoy. Believe that your kind words and gestures are a great motivating factor for us.

#129 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks Long$hot! It's great to have a company so responsive to the needs and preferences of its community.
Posted Image

#130 BluePine

BluePine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:58 PM

Have i already missed the chance to purchase the vanguard__ I tried clicking all the links and it just kept taking me to the home page

#131 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:04 PM

We've clarified the Vanguard Initiative improvements in a new thread.

http://community.pla...ents-clarified/
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#132 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:09 PM

View Post[ADH]Long$hot, on December 07 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

snip

I've only been here since the start of CB2 and I've loved every minute of this game. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and develop over the next year. The way that you have all listened to our praise, criticisms and suggestions give me confidence that this will be a great game.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#133 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostBluePine, on December 07 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Have i already missed the chance to purchase the vanguard__ I tried clicking all the links and it just kept taking me to the home page
By 13 hours, sorry man.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#134 El_Principal

El_Principal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:12 AM

The game is so damn nice,  a shame they won't take my money anymore. So you can blame me for not being in time, I blame them for a way to short Initiative.....

Have fun with the game...

Edited by El_Principal, December 13 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#135 Krighton

Krighton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:07 PM

Srsly, I would have considered it, but fuzzy bunny I work 7 days a week in sales...I guess they're rolling in the dough. Cool I am too. I'll spend it elsewhere.

EDIT: Ahhahahahaha.. fuzzy bunny.. no I meant fark actually.  Censor that.

Edited by Krighton, December 14 2012 - 09:08 PM.

Hoping for true Nvidia Surround support at release. Infractions and warnings are for children, therefore I'm not afraid.

#136 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 12:24 PM

Last time i checked you can still buy credits, and you can still buy stuff, just not the Vanguard Initiative, there are stuff from the alpha that i would have liked to have like the camos, but i wasnt there, tough luck for me, or the commander package repair drone, but i decided i didnt need so much perks so i bought the lieutenant pack, mainly for the prototype mech and credits for the xp boosts and items.

Some things you can have with money, some things by just being there in the right moment, the Initiative was at the moment for the people who noticed/followed/tested the game during the last closed beta.

If you guys are a bit sour by not getting the Vanguard Initiative maybe you can post a buy request in the forums for a used account with all the perks i think there are pilots that bought more than 1 pack and may have more than 1 account.

Still without the Vanguard Initiative the game is great, i wouldnt stop playing just for that, in fact even though i think the open beta started with too many bumps for my liking, that wouldnt have stopped me either (it surprised me of course, because the developers are always on top of the problems), but now, its a lot more fun even if some wrinkles are still being ironed.

#137 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostManoloco, on December 15 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

If you guys are a bit sour by not getting the Vanguard Initiative maybe you can post a buy request in the forums for a used account with all the perks i think there are pilots that bought more than 1 pack and may have more than 1 account.
Be veeeeeeeeeeery careful with this, man... you don't want to talk about selling accounts in the devs' home turf, if you must talk about it at all.

There will be other bundles in the future.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#138 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:27 PM

Didnt know it was not permitted, i wouldnt look for them i just tought it could be a viable way for someone that wants to have a vanguard initiative pack, specially since they seemed very sour about missing the opportunity

Sorry if it was out of place.

Edited by Manoloco, December 15 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#139 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostManoloco, on December 15 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Didnt know it was not permitted, i wouldnt look for them i just tought it could be a viable way for someone that wants to have a vanguard initiative pack, specially since they seemed very sour about missing the opportunity
I'm not a mod, so don't think that I'm coming down on you or that I have any capacity to get you in trouble (well, I could hit the Report button, but so could anyone else). Instead, I'm going to show you where it isn't permitted. The Rules of Conduct are linked on the bottom of site, and Section 9 pretty much says "You can't buy or sell accounts/mechs/services in Hawken without written permission from Meteor." Encouraging other people to do it is also covered.

And now you know. :)

#140 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 02:01 PM

Elix said:

And now you know. :)
And knowing is half the battle!

The other half..._

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive, Game, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users