HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

*UPDATED* Vanguard Initiative Only Available Until December 6!

Announcement Exclusive Game Website

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#81 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 05 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 05 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Question not exactly about the Vanguard but With the launch of open beta will those of us who partook in the alpha and were told we would get some kind of camo be getting this at the launch of the open beta and will it be account wide. Or will we have to wait on it.

Good question and you're right it isn't exactly on topic. ;) This is likely going to be something we don't award until the camo is account-based if only to avoid confusion.

Seemed like the best place to ask it seeing as we were disussing rewards. And thank you for your answer.  I very much look forward to the game.

#82 Reiker

Reiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:41 PM

Why do I have to pay 15€ tax for my commander vanguard purchase, when I'm already paying 60€ for it in Sweden_ If i switch countries to the USA, there were no tax at all!!

Tax for electronic items in EU___   w00t!!!!

/Reiker

#83 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:19 PM

Great updates. Also another Commander sold.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#84 Kana

Kana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:10 PM

Sankyu! I just bought mine! ヽ(^Д^)ノ

Edited by Kana, December 05 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image【メカ世代には夢到来を告げる!Mecha Generation

#85 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostReiker, on December 05 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Why do I have to pay 15€ tax for my commander vanguard purchase, when I'm already paying 60€ for it in Sweden_ If i switch countries to the USA, there were no tax at all!!

/Reiker
They already explained why earlier; however, to compensate, you'll be getting extra MP compared to us Americans, based on whatever the price you pay compared to the US dollar compared to their MP rate is.

Based upon what others have said from a bug during CB3, people who bought the Commander Pack got 15,000 MP. This means that $1 USD = 200 MP.

So, based on that, you're paying 75 Euros. That means you'd be paying the equivalent of $97.92 USD, but it also means that you'd get over 19,500 MP for it (19,584 to be exact), meaning you'll get nearly 33% more MP than we will for the extra cost.

Please be advised that I'm certainly not official staff and am just conjecturing based on what information I know.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#86 Theref

Theref

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 05 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

/Reiker
They already explained why earlier; however, to compensate, you'll be getting extra MP compared to us Americans, based on whatever the price you pay compared to the US dollar compared to their MP rate is.

Based upon what others have said from a bug during CB3, people who bought the Commander Pack got 15,000 MP. This means that $1 USD = 200 MP.

So, based on that, you're paying 75 Euros. That means you'd be paying the equivalent of $97.92 USD, but it also means that you'd get over 19,500 MP for it (19,584 to be exact), meaning you'll get nearly 33% more MP than we will for the extra cost.

Please be advised that I'm certainly not official staff and am just conjecturing based on what information I know.
Around 2 or 3 days ago I bought the commander with $60, If I remembered it was 19xxx MP something, lol.

#87 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostTheref, on December 06 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Around 2 or 3 days ago I bought the commander with $60, If I remembered it was 19xxx MP something, lol.
You're supposed to have gotten 4800 MP for testing purposes, so that would mean you should've had 19,800 MP if you got in due to the Commander pack.

(Though them giving the 15,000 MP early is actually a goof on their end. And yes, you will get that much when Open Beta starts, assuming they stick to a $1 USD = 200 MP rate.)

#88 LordAzurite

LordAzurite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 04:59 AM

I had 24-25,000 (paid €75).

Edited by LordAzurite, December 06 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#89 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 06 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 05 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

/Reiker

Only €60 will converted in MP, not €75 !

That still does not change the fact that 1 dollar = 1 euro is bad, we are forced to pay more.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 06 2012 - 05:18 AM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#90 abe_oddworld

abe_oddworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 05:21 AM

First of all, to all the dev's of this game, a *HUGE* thanks. I for one was more than happy to stump up for the commanders package. You lot must be under the gun working your guts out to get the open beta as good as its going to be. I think its a funny coincidence that the open beta launches 12.12.12. Maybe the mayan's forgot to carry a "one" when they were calculating their calender_ All I know is it's going to be a ton of fun stomping about and blowing each other up once again ;).  Personally, I am not sure whether or not I would ever choose to pilot a cupcake, however, I always appreciate free stuff, so thanks for that! The name in the credits was a nice touch by the way and the image of the flame-throwing repair-bot makes me grin everytime I think of it. I can't wait to take my giant, mechanized cupcake with tommy-gun-like grenade launcher for a walk on the battlefield. Even if I don't intend on spending much time behind its controls, it's inclusion has brought this old-school FPS player back into the game, especially since this isn't one of your traditional "meatbag" FPS's.

Posted Image

As for the tax issue_ I was fortunate that it was only ten percent, so I shall consider it a tip in recognition of your hard work, blood, sweat and tears that you have undoubtadly been pouring into this game. Thanks to the teams of people who've been putting in so much effort, us mech-pilots get such an awesome game. As for discussion on this issue, Dead_Lord_Pitr's post in this thread (the one you linked earlier) has helped me better understand the issue on where the tax might be comming from. With all the legalese and terminology surrounding this issue, you can understand the confusion. It can all sound about as clear as mud sometimes :)

One more thing before I return to the battlefield to play as much as I can before CB3 closes_ An ability to hold down a keybind and be able to look around inside the cabin of your mech would be truely epic.  Obviously this wouldnt be an open beta-thing, nor neccisarily a launch thing. If it was ready say, around mid march-april 2013 ;) , that would be totally awesome! Thanks once again... and keep up the good work :)

Edited by abe_oddworld, December 06 2012 - 05:39 AM.

Posted Image

#91 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on December 06 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Only €60 will converted in MP, not €75 !

That still does not change the fact that 1 dollar = 1 euro is bad, we are forced to pay more.
Until a dev confirms it one way or the other, I'll hold my explanation as being the most rational one.

If we assume you are correct, though, and you only get MP based on a 60 Euro cost, that'd be 78.47 USD, which would equal 15,694 MP. Since we, ourselves, are getting $75 worth of MP though, it'd be safe to say you'd be getting 75 Euros worth of MP - ergo, my value, as I'm pretty sure that an extra 694 MP isn't exactly worth the considerably higher cost.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 06 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#92 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:07 AM

15 euros after the tax, he does not go into the pockets of developers only from the state.

We only get the equivalent of 60 euros.

They decided to take advantage of this rate and all of its flaws, currency conversion for me 1 to 1 is not fair and not ethical, even though legal. Decided not to take advantage of the normal currency conversions used in the real world, which is much more equitable.

Developers have received a lot of positive energy from us, we made a gigantic work of alpha 2 to CB3, and they choose such a monster(1$=€1) who works in the gaming industry, it is just a fist in the nose. They should benefit from better solutions.

I know that they are not bad or have bad intentions, but they chose a solution hits the proportion of consumers.

END OT.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 06 2012 - 06:41 AM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#93 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:54 AM

Even though some of the stipulations (fancy word for boundries) limit use and yea some of the art is a lil'wild, helping these guys make our gaemplay experience bettere is the game here-contribute 1st.  Grabbed a CMD'r pack about 5mins ago and did so w.o even reading this thread as a show of good faith to this team because they're making every attempt to address all the fuzzy buzzy'n in the forums before launch and beyond.  Of all the gaming houses around, these folks have been impressive since PAX East; Im sure we can work out some way to adjust the "perks" that accompany our purchases.   All that's needed is an activation system for them.  Let's get it done.  GJ guys and keep it up!

Edited by GatNic3, December 06 2012 - 10:56 AM.

-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#94 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostGatNic3, on December 06 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Even though some of the stipulations (fancy word for boundries) limit use and yea some of the art is a lil'wild, helping these guys make our gaemplay experience bettere is the game here-contribute 1st.  Grabbed a CMD'r pack about 5mins ago and did so w.o even reading this thread as a show of good faith to this team because they're making every attempt to address all the fuzzy buzzy'n in the forums before launch and beyond.  Of all the gaming houses around, these folks have been impressive since PAX East; Im sure we can work out some way to adjust the "perks" that accompany our purchases.   All that's needed is an activation system for them.  Let's get it done.  GJ guys and keep it up!
Eventually you will be able to put those perks (Repair drone, camo, emblem, presumably using the Cupcake parts for any other C-Class) as an account-level unlock, so eventually most of these drawbacks will be things of the past.

PS: You got one hour left to buy, folks! Think fast or be last!

Edited by DarkPulse, December 06 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#95 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:07 AM

Definitely looking forward to checking it out. Game has been fun, but I didn't get to play much this last beta phase. Hopefully some good data was collected so that matchmaking works better come open beta.

#96 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostScapes, on December 05 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

We'll be providing two HAWKEN Credit and XP boosts rather than one as a "thank you" for your patience. The amount of Meteor Credits granted by the packages is unaffected.

Small update: the execution on this may be in the form of simply doubling the duration rather than two separate boosts. Hope that's cool.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#97 Interrobang

Interrobang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostScapes, on December 06 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

We'll be providing two HAWKEN Credit and XP boosts rather than one as a "thank you" for your patience. The amount of Meteor Credits granted by the packages is unaffected.

Small update: the execution on this may be in the form of simply doubling the duration rather than two separate boosts. Hope that's cool.

I'm honestly not that cool with that, can we at least get an option_ I would rather have two separate boosts so I can use them more effectively. I'll be out of town a lot over winter break so I won't even get the chance to use the boost until late Jan/early Feb if it lasts 14 days.

#98 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostInterrobang, on December 06 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I'm honestly not that cool with that, can we at least get an option_ I would rather have two separate boosts so I can use them more effectively. I'll be out of town a lot over winter break so I won't even get the chance to use the boost until late Jan/early Feb if it lasts 14 days.
I second this. I prefer the option to have two separate boosts as opposed to one really long boost. Please don't give us a single long boost.
Posted Image

#99 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:56 AM

Seems to me some option may need to be in place for those people traveling over the holidays.
Posted Image

#100 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well, that does create a strategic conundrum...

Doubling the duration would mean that, since I purchased commander, I would have to block off two weeks (14 days) of every day game play in a row to get the most benefit from the boost. (Something my wife and employer probably would not be happy with.)

If it were two separate boosts, I only have to block off one week (7 days). Repair my marriage. Make sure I am still employed. Give them both some cooling off time. And then block off another week (7days) and hope they forgot! :D

So, for the sake of my marriage and employment, for me two boosts would be better than one long one.

Edited by oSPANNERo, December 06 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive, Game, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users