HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 12/12/12

Announcement Beta Game News Patch

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#21 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:42 PM

Will turret mode on c class mech be altered at all_

Edit: Also has the optomization been changed as well_

Edited by Phaaze, December 11 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostCoot, on December 11 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Countermeasures from the looks of it are no bueno. All it seems is a P2W advantage in gameplay, which is what Adhesive has been against all along.
Nowhere in the patch notes does it say that countermeasures require Meteor Points. If you can buy them with HC, it's not P2W.

Edited by Elix, December 11 2012 - 06:45 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm pretty curious on more details on this -> /*All internals now have positive and negative effects with the exception of rookie internals.*/

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#24 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Reduce weapon heat on overheat countermeasure_
Well, time to pilot something with a vulcan and never stop shooting ever.
Doesn't that kind of remove any reason to not use the hardest hitting, highest heat producing weapon_

View PostElix, on December 11 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Countermeasures from the looks of it are no bueno. All it seems is a P2W advantage in gameplay, which is what Adhesive has been against all along.
Nowhere in the patch notes does it say that countermeasures require Meteor Points. If you can buy them with HC, it's not P2W.

True, but they still seem pretty lame...

Edited by Timber_Wolf, December 11 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Chicks dig giant robots.

#25 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Not necessarily, if they are incredibly expensive in hawken points it can be defacto pay 2 win.
Posted Image

#26 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:48 PM

Also, still not sure how I feel about the assault having the vulcan...
Chicks dig giant robots.

#27 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:48 PM

Is it just me, or is the "Brommens Chassis the mech seen pretty much EVERYWHERE in Hawken_ I.e. The launch trailer, the website's background, the comic, the background of the launcher etc etc. I have a hunch that this is the one.
< TEXT-FIELD >

#28 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostTimber_Wolf, on December 11 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Reduce weapon heat on overheat countermeasure_
Well, time to pilot something with a vulcan and never stop shooting ever.
Doesn't that kind of remove any reason to not use the hardest hitting, highest heat producing weapon_

True, but they still seem pretty lame...
You assume that countermeasures will have no cooldown and you can just pound them off one after another until your inventory is empty or everything is dead. And, they may very well be lame; that's been raised as a concern already. Let's give it a try and see and then let Adhesive know if we think that it's lame_

View PostZeshi, on December 11 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Not necessarily, if they are incredibly expensive in hawken points it can be defacto pay 2 win.
If.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#29 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:52 PM

Don't know why there was a need to adjust the Hellfires at all...I just hope the much needed tweeking of the Point-D will be able to compensate for the damage done to the Hellfires. Guess we will find out tomorrow...
Posted Image

#30 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:52 PM

ADHESIVE/METEOR  

I can haz a few questions.

Diminishing returns with the extinguisher_ it seems like the assault can now fire forever without over heating.

Whose idea was it for countermeasures_ The community will have more of a problem with it than be happy with it.
UNLESS You limit how many countermeasures can be used per match. for example only a max of 3 countermeasures may be used during a match. even if its one of each type. If you stack 500 anti-emp counter measures on yourself, you shouldnt be able to use all 500 during one match. (of course you wont get emp'd 500 times in a match but you get the point)

on the whole it may or may not work out.  I would also have liked it if they werent -automatic- as they require no skill or timing. it would be better if you had to push a button to use these counter measures. as you may want to pick and choose when you actually use them.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#31 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostElix, on December 11 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on December 11 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

If.

Exactly, i said that because you said definitely its not pay to win if you can use hawken points. That simply is not true.
Posted Image

#32 Twinmill33

Twinmill33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:55 PM

It still sounds like fun. I can't wait to play again, makes me want to use a sick day for work to play.

#33 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:55 PM

Countermeasures

We've added a new gameplay item called countermeasures. These automatic consumables activate when there is a status or condition present. Each activation consumes one countermeasure use. All countermeasures are drawn from an account-wide inventory of countermeasure uses, the pilot decides which (if any) countermeasure type to equip to a mech in their garage.
  • Extinguisher: Reduces weapon heat upon overheat.
  • Battery Charge: Reactivates systems disabled when affected by EMP effect.
  • Descrambler: Renders mech immune to the Radar Scrambler effect.
This is simply buying power, weak.
Shame that Hawken turns into a product of present times.

View Postmarshalade, on December 11 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Yeah I'd gladly trade 1.5x heat gen for that damage back, Infil is nearly physically impossible to overheat.
This !

View PostSkylead, on December 11 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I think the countermeasures could create a good HP sink for those with all the mechs unlocked. That being said I don't want to see it go the way of World of Tanks where in order to be competitive you have to spend real money on the better ammo. It is an interesting answer to the EMP OP problem.

This, but EMP imho is not  op.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 11 2012 - 06:58 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:56 PM

Additionally.. gotta see how those revised Rev-GLs behave tomorrow.. :P

Edited by The_Silencer, December 11 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#35 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostScapes, on December 11 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on December 11 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Wow.
Countermeasures are extremely lame.

We'll be looking for constructive community feedback on the new elements of this build, please feel free to voice it (after trying it out for a bit).
It is just my first impression. But the wording and vagueness did not inspire any confidence.
A major problem I have though, which I don't even have to play to dislike, is that they are automatic, which of course reduces skill involved, which of course I'm against.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#36 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted December 11 2012 - 06:59 PM

I think we should chill on the hate for the countermeasures until we at least see how they have been implemented/restricted tomorrow.

#37 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:00 PM

Things that bug me so far

>countermeasures
I dislike the idea of a no-skill involved counter to various aspects of the game. The heat one trivializes heat management, the scrambler one is an unnecessary nerf, and if we really need the EMP countermeasures than something needs to be done about EMP in the first place

>weapon changes
I think the Mini Flak's issue was damage per shot, not ROF. Similarly I think that the problem with both flak guns is less range and more consistency. I felt the Flak cannon itself was pretty close to where it needed to be, but that it just didn't belong on extremely mobile mechs due to their speed negating the range issue
The vulcan spread change seems a bit unnecessary
The seeker does not appear to be any less spammy and still cuts out a large portion of player skill. It's not a transferable FOOS
The HEAT cannon's damage was actually pretty good where it was at. The issue was lack of heat generation. As well, I wouldn't have minded a change to projectile speed or the splash damage
I'm hoping "overhaul" means less spam, because the RevGL with a damage bonus and higher travel time = find chokepoint, hold down both mouse buttons

I also severely dislike the idea of locking weapons behind a 20/25 level barrier, but it doesn't look like that's going away any time soon
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#38 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:01 PM

Countermeasures are purchasable using either HAWKEN Credits or Meteor Credits.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#39 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:02 PM

What I thought of when I read about countermeasures:

(Guy who actually reads the forums) "Hey, people have been complaining that the EMP is OP since CBE1."
(That guy who thought up of the Seeker) "I know let's just make another item and mechanic that renders it ineffective."
(Project Lead that walked in on them) "Genius! This needs to be implemented immediately!"

Spoiler

Desert Fox

#40 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostScapes, on December 11 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Countermeasures are purchasable using either HAWKEN Credits or Meteor Credits.

Would you be able to give us the price of HC required to purchase these countermeasures_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Game, News, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users