HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 12/12/12

Announcement Beta Game News Patch

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#41 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:09 PM

Countermeasures should probably be more along the lines of smoke grenades to cover team movement and the like...too many skilled players rely on things such as EMP, for there to be an ability to push a button and remove all effects. Hoping for the best though.

Edited by QuanZen, December 11 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image

#42 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:15 PM

Posted Image
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#43 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on December 11 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Is it just me, or is the "Brommens Chassis the mech seen pretty much EVERYWHERE in Hawken_ I.e. The launch trailer, the website's background, the comic, the background of the launcher etc etc. I have a hunch that this is the one.

Nope. I don't think we've shown off Brommens yet. It's actually my favorite medium chassis!

#44 PitViper401

PitViper401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Cheese

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:17 PM

Lore is always ALWAYS a good thing.

Countermeasures I'm very <_< about.

The turret collision point is interesting.  I understand the reasoning but I think it's a good thing to bump into it.  Otherwise it just seems ... odd.

Overall_

FREAKING PUMPED FOR TOMORROW :wub:

#45 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostCameronKerby, on December 11 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on December 11 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Is it just me, or is the "Brommens Chassis the mech seen pretty much EVERYWHERE in Hawken_ I.e. The launch trailer, the website's background, the comic, the background of the launcher etc etc. I have a hunch that this is the one.

Nope. I don't think we've shown off Brommens yet. It's actually my favorite medium chassis!
So I'm taking it we have to wait 16+hrs. to see it_...or are one of you nice people going to make us happy with a spoiler :D
Posted Image

#46 PitViper401

PitViper401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Cheese

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:23 PM

Quick question, have the advantages/disadvantages of the internals been tweaked_  From the sounds of it, the rookie ones are good enough that you'd never really want to get anything different since everything else will have a downside.

Edited by PitViper401, December 11 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#47 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:23 PM

Since everyone is politely giving Adhesive/Meteor the benefit of the doubt, I will play devils advocate and read aloud for everyone the subtext of these patch notes.

Lets not kid ourselves, the countermeasures are a sly attempt to implement a soft pay-2-win system. They are not about balancing item usage, they are about creating an in-game economy of consumables to encourage people to spend money to be competitive. The fact that they switched from a limited item use to a cooldown mechanic in CB3 is just more evidence of their intentions.

EMPs will see a short drop in usage during the first player surge of OB, when people still have countermeasures, but will then increase and stabilize  encouraging people to get more countermeasures. When you now have to choose whether to spend HC on maintaining your counter measures or saving up for a new mech, MPs suddenly seem a little more necessary.

So well played for toeing the line with P2W. We can't accuse you outright of it yet, but lets not pretend this wasn't a subtle motioning toward a money grab.

So why don't YOU see how much would show our support for skins and the like (and we would for such a well made game), before introducing this rather transparent ploy to ensure continuous revenue, rather than suggesting we trial your duplicitous offering.

Please, I invite anyone from Adh/Met to tell me that I am missing something here. Just don't confirm my fears with silence or try and feed me the usual community damage control garbage, because that would make me very angry.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#48 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostQuanZen, on December 11 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

So I'm taking it we have to wait 16+hrs. to see it_...or are one of you nice people going to make us happy with a spoiler :D

I don't think I have that jurisdiction, haha. You'll just have to wait and see! Let me know how you like it.

#49 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostScapes, on December 11 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on December 11 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Wow.
Countermeasures are extremely lame.

We'll be looking for constructive community feedback on the new elements of this build, please feel free to voice it (after trying it out for a bit).

No disrespect meant, but you people (the developers) need to stop compositely nerfing the Bruiser.

A nerf to Point-D Vulcan + a nerf to Hellfire missiles == Double nerf to bruiser. Of course, I can always take heat-dissipating countermeasures to do nothing but spam mindlessly now, but that doesn't discount the fact you keep nerfing a mech that never needed a nerf. The fact a skill-less buff item exists that favours this mech does nothing to counter its loss of utility on the battlefield. It's like giving me a crutch after breaking my legs. Certainly, I can walk using the crutch, but that doesn't make my legs any less broken.

I hate to say this, but I feel like my bruiser-related feedback contributed to the forums has been ignored. It makes me (as a die-hard bruiser advocate) extremely disheartened.

Edited by Conquistador, December 11 2012 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

#50 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostReachH, on December 11 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Just don't confirm my fears with silence or try and feed me the usual community damage control garbage, because that would make me very angry.
Oh no, companies out to make money and using PR to put on a face that they care_ Who woulda thought.

Also countermeasures would end up just making items useless, causing less people to use them, which ends up with less people buying items in the first place and less people buying countermeasures because they don't need them as much.

I have this feeling that to them the items as they are now are perfect to their eyes. They have to have some sentimental attachment to how the EMP works if they'd rather create a new mechanic against it than just change some parameters it has.

Edited by z121231211, December 12 2012 - 04:35 AM.

Desert Fox

#51 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:31 PM

Might as well turn items to 1 time use again and make us buy those as well /sarcasm
Posted Image

#52 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:33 PM

Countermeasures are bad and you should feel bad!

Edited by Decoy101x, December 11 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

#53 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be buying the bruiser now...
It was already hard to use in CBE3, now it seems like it's going to be impossible...
Chicks dig giant robots.

#54 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:36 PM

There should be a chaff countermeasure to brake locks

because bow ties are cool

#55 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:38 PM

What about an internal similar to what you could get in Armored Core in which enemy lock on's take longer

Posted Image

#56 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hey Everyone

Countermeasures are indeed new but I encourage you to give them a shot tomorrow and see what you think. Players will equip them before spawning (if they so choose) in the staging area and are automatically activated during gameplay when the defined condition arises. Think of them as small safety nets for specific situations that can only be used once per life. Believe me, we'll be paying attention...

Thanks!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#57 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:41 PM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on December 11 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hey Everyone

Countermeasures are indeed new but I encourage you to give them a shot tomorrow and see what you think. Players will equip them before spawning (if they so choose) in the staging area and are automatically activated during gameplay when the defined condition arises. Think of them as small safety nets for specific situations that can only be used once per life. Believe me, we'll be paying attention...

Thanks!

Once per life is WAY TOO MANY.

It should be limited to maybe 3 times per 15 minute match

Posted Image

#58 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey Everyone

Thanks!

You do realise I can chain the overheat countermeasure to the assault mech's ability to fire my weapons for triple the time I could before, yes_

Let me guess. You probably also included the Vulcan as the assault mech's level 25 unlock. So I can fire the vulcan for essentially... let's see. 27 seconds. Non-stop. Per life.

I'm trying not to be snide here, but someone please tell me how this is even remotely balanced.

Edited by Conquistador, December 11 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

#59 OverWolf

OverWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMy mech, kicking back with fine wine.

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey Everyone

Thanks!

Thanks for the extra bit of info and assurance, but we'll be holding you to your word. :P
Posted Image
This is the Prelude to a New Revolution
Main Mech: Brawler; Secondary Mech: SharpShooter

#60 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hey Everyone

Countermeasures... can only be used once per life.
Thanks!

Good enough for me. Something to make EMPs a little less punishing.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Game, News, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users