HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 12/13/12

Beta Game Patch

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:40 AM

OPEN BETA PATCH NOTES: 12/13/12

Overview

Good morning, mech pilots! We've rolled out a quick update to improve Matchmaking, clean up in-game messaging, and fix a number of crashes.

GAMEPLAY

Matchmaking
  • We've made some improvements to the Matchmaking system and are continuing to work on it.
Tutorial
  • Fixed crash at the end of the Training Mission.
  • Fixed crash after 15 minutes into the Training Mission.
  • The time limit will no longer expire in the Training Mission.
  • The "Press C to Heal" text no longer appears twice in the Training Mission.
  • Fixed a UI bug that occurs when the Training Mission highlights your armor.
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Added a legal screen on advice from our lawyers.
BUGS FIXED
  • Corrected the error message when trying to purchase something with insufficient funds.
  • Updated assorted Garage error messages for better feedback when trying to purchase something.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Buy with HAWKEN Credits" and "Buy with Meteor Credits" buttons.
  • Fixed an obscure log crash.
Please run your launcher to update to the latest build, then get back into the fight!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Tzukasa

Tzukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:43 AM

Posting this Before the patch was implemented and I was able to login and play a match would have been MUCH appriciated rather than leaving us all wondering why cant we connect to the servers. Also no fixes for this xp not appying issues ect ect_! Just saying the training mission is pretty dang low on everyones "Fix This ASAP" list...

*Edit* Stuck on Finding Match is back rather than just having a hard time connecting >.<

Edited by Tzukasa, December 13 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#3 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:47 AM

thank you.

EXP bug is still hapenin. just want to let you know, and everyone else reading this.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#4 Sir_GunALot

Sir_GunALot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:51 AM

yeah thx. now turn the servers back on :P

#5 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm sure you folks have a lot of work on your hands, so I'm glad to see any bug fixes. I'm just glad to see that the fixes are coming so quickly. :)

Hope you guys are getting some sleep...

Edited by -Tj-, December 13 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#6 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:02 AM

Still cant find servers Doh.

#7 Neverr

Neverr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:04 AM

It's so strange.. The forum community compared to the player-base I meet inside of Hawken itself is so vastly different. Everyone here is constructive, polite, and helpful. Inside the game it feels like I'm playing COD sometimes, I hope I get to see you folks inside the game!

Also, To mention something that was happening to a mate (Sorry if this is in the wrong thread), a mate of mine could not access his social tab, it was grayed out like the rankings and such. The matchmaking issue was also a fairly noticeable issue the first day, I hope this patch remedies some of that!

Edit - (Hmm, it appears I am still having issues with finding a match without the hassle of having to hit the Find Servers button multiple times still)

Edited by Neverr, December 13 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#8 XenoMorph

XenoMorph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNY USA

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:14 AM

Bring back the friends list <3
Posted Image

I usually assume my team-mates are retarded :)

#9 Trvth

Trvth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:16 AM

@ Neverr

It's funny that you mention that... I too have noticed a huge disparity between the forum community and the one in game.

Of course it's still really early to tell, and there is the fact that it's a high intensity game and most players still have their training wheels on...

I suppose that makes some pilots a bit edgy. ;)

#10 ZHRGG

ZHRGG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostNeverr, on December 13 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

It's so strange.. The forum community compared to the player-base I meet inside of Hawken itself is so vastly different. Everyone here is constructive, polite, and helpful. Inside the game it feels like I'm playing COD sometimes, I hope I get to see you folks inside the game!

I like to think of it as the kids realizing they can be held responsible and get banned for mouthing off to people on the forums, where their idiocy can be seen by thousands of people instead of just 10. Unless you screenshot them, anyway.

Also, server browser plx.

#11 Neverr

Neverr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostZHRGG, on December 13 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostNeverr, on December 13 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

I like to think of it as the kids realizing they can be held responsible and get banned for mouthing off to people on the forums, where their idiocy can be seen by thousands of people instead of just 10. Unless you screenshot them, anyway.

Also, server browser plx.

Specifically the last part. A server browser, even if filled with the frustrations of not being able to connect, would make our lives hundreds of times easier to deal with, because at least we feel like we are doing something instead of just sitting there waiting while it finds a server for us.

#12 Unblessed

Unblessed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:26 AM

Am I the only one who still can't get back in to the game___ Tryed all servers updated the launcher. No effect. EU region Italy.

#13 Wayder

Wayder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:29 AM

I would rather play in match with other players than in training mission...

#14 __Phoenix__

__Phoenix__

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:39 AM

As of right now, matchmaking still fails for me. Looking forward to play a game or two later on today, if possible by then.

Some strange behaviour while I was waiting for matches. Several times the game droped me to my desktop without me doing anything. The game client was still runing in the background and looking for a match when I switched back. So no crash state that droped me to the desktop, just a strange kind of behaviour that wasn't happening to me while the matchmaking was working still. Might be just a weird coincidence, but I thought i would mention it anyway. Anyone else who was experiencing something like this when trying to find a match_

Edited by __Phoenix__, December 13 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#15 Ufiik

Ufiik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:39 AM

Really glad to see that you released a patch so soon. At least I can add a friend. But that's kinda useless when I can't play. I understand there might me some issues with the servers & the Matchmaking, but I really want to play with others. It's kinda boring in the Training Mission. And I get stuck at "Connecting" or "Trying to find a match" and always ending on "Connection to the host has been lost". Oh, and as many others say, you should definitely put a server browser. Also there is a lot of fps drop in the menu screen, while in normal game play everything is cool & fine.

P.S, Awesome game! :D

#16 MeteorStorm

MeteorStorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:43 AM

The patch isn't working, specifically the matchmaking...can't get into any game.

Also the menu has a very low framerate which makes mouse movement bad

#17 GOB

GOB

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostUfiik, on December 13 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Really glad to see that you released a patch so soon. At least I can add a friend. But that's kinda useless when I can't play. I understand there might me some issues with the servers & the Matchmaking, but I really want to play with others. It's kinda boring in the Training Mission. And I get stuck at "Connecting" or "Trying to find a match" and always ending on "Connection to the host has been lost". Oh, and as many others say, you should definitely put a server browser. Also there is a lot of fps drop in the menu screen, while in normal game play everything is cool & fine.

P.S, Awesome game! :D

They already mentioned that they will eventually have a server browser, but they're waiting to release it. They said they know how important it is for games to have it and want to make sure Hawken is one of those games.

#18 Manicus

Manicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:47 AM

I just got 'matched' into an empty server! Joy

#19 REDKAIN

REDKAIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:48 AM

Same problem here always stuck in the "Finding Match Screen", but I understand you just launched the game.

Will check again in a few weeks..

#20 ShadowthePast

ShadowthePast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:49 AM

nvm read a post above

Edited by ShadowthePast, December 13 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game, Patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users