HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Competitive Hawken Tournament 12/29/12

Announcement Clan Contest Event

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#1 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:01 PM

(Poster start time is now correct), UPDATED BRACKET http://betterbracket...!/722329c13ed05
Posted Image
(btw thanks so much subdivision! :D)

Post-Apocalypse Tournament  12/29/12
I have put together a small 8 team playoff of the best clans about 2 week after open beta, DATE, SATURDAY THE 29ST, (enough time for people to level their mechs and see if there are any major balance issues) UPDATE- Offical Tournament start time- 12 pm pst, 3pm est, 8 gmt

It should include
Steel killers,(confirmed)
Black Steel Brotherhood, (confirmed)
Dirtnap, (confirmed)
Dodges All Day, (confirmed)
ROAM, (confirmed)
Voltron of Canada (confirmed, but needs 1-2 extra wgs to participate)
Iron Lungs (confirmed)
NEED 8th TEAM- Filled Bsb second team

Waitlist- Fuzzy bunnies, FragTards, Wolfs reign_ (waitlisted teams not responding)

If your clan wishes to participate in the tournament, please send me a pm and I will put you on the waitlist.

This being the first tournament, seeding will be alphabetical by clan name. If a waitlisted team needs to be inserted in, the bracket won't be rearranged in a new alphabetical order, they will simply take the former teams spot.

Format = 5v5 best of 1's on missile assault titan for round 1. 5v5 best of 3’s on missile assault titan for round 2 and 3. In Round 1, there are no mech restrictions.
IMPORTANT EDIT Instead of the second game of each bo3 being mech restricted, now the entire second round is going to be mech restricted to make things simpler. Specifically, teams can have no more then 2 of each class. (for example, 3 A’s 1 B and 1 C would not be allowed).  The 3rd round (finals) will not be mech restricted.
There may be item restrictions (ex, no emps, no countermeasures grrr!!!!!).

Prize = Bragging rights and a small donation (currently 150 dollars) to the winners charity of choice. Also, Decoy has said he will give 5 dollars worth of meteor credits to each winner (not sure how that transaction will happen though).
Also, there are some dev provided prizes :D
General issues- To prevent random people from joining servers interrupting games, a 6th person will be on each team but only to take up space and sit in the back of the base. (this is optional, if you cannot get a person for this job then we can always just ask randoms to leave). If you wish to volunteer to be a pub blocker, please contact hobo.
-In the event of players not showing up, teams are allowed to use however many subs they like. If they cannot provide subs then the empty spot can be filled with a ringer or wandering gun.
-In the likely event of not having a server browser, we will have to do the tried and true join a friend mechanic.
-All matches will be played on whichever server teams can agree on. If teams can not agree, the server will be US east

Hopefully this will be a good way to kick start the Hawken competitive scene.
(If you wish to be a ringer/wandering gun for this event, please announce it in this thread so teams can recruit you, however I cannot guarantee you will see action).

(If you are one of the clan leaders who are participating in this match I would also appreciate it if you posted in this thread. While the tournament will have a “start time” it will be incredibly helpful if clan leaders can coordinate with each other as far as what exact server they are going to play on. Also, I would appreciate it if you would post when your team is 100% confirmed for the tournament)

Who’s excited_ :D

BANNED ITEMS AND WEAPONS
Emp- BANNED
Countermeasurses- BANNED
Rev gl- BANNED

Update- Due to an over abundance of teams, teams that are left out on tournament day are encouraged to organize scrims agaisnt each other (since everyone will already be ready anyway). Theoretically, this group of scrimmers could even include second teams of large clans who had players who wanted to play but didn't make the 5v5 roster.

Edited by Zeshi, December 28 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image

#2 GoldenboyFTW

GoldenboyFTW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:06 PM

Out of curiosity is there a spectator mode for the game_ I would love to commentate it!

#3 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostGoldenboyFTW, on December 13 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Out of curiosity is there a spectator mode for the game_ I would love to commentate it!

Unfortunately, not currently :(
Posted Image

#4 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:11 PM

For those who wish to lend a hand with the Tournament; we are also looking for placeholders to prevent the event games from being joined by pubs. Contact me in private if you are willing to do the job, and i will explain in finer details when the time comes.

View PostGoldenboyFTW, on December 13 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

No spectator mode as of yet.
But we can communicate with participants who wil be recording their game play and send you a copy so you can comment those if you wish.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#5 ApoC_101

ApoC_101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:14 PM

Very cool. I'd like to get my clan in there as well but I'm not sure what everyones status is for that day... and we haven't really started rolling yet. Excited to hear more about it though, since there is no entry fees I'd like to put us on the waiting list (VOC, Voltron of Canada).
Posted Image

#6 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostApoC_101, on December 13 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Very cool. I'd like to get my clan in there as well but I'm not sure what everyones status is for that day... and we haven't really started rolling yet. Excited to hear more about it though, since there is no entry fees I'd like to put us on the waiting list (VOC, Voltron of Canada).

Added
Posted Image

#7 ApoC_101

ApoC_101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:40 PM

Also, if it turns out my clan does not come together for this, I'm going to be involved anyways, either to help out or to sub in for one of the clans :D (unless of course my schedule gets messed but I should have that night off no problem).

Edited by ApoC_101, December 13 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm curious, to those who are participating in the tournament, would you prefer 4v4 or 5v5_
Posted Image

#9 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostZeshi, on December 13 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I'm curious, to those who are participating in the tournament, would you prefer 4v4 or 5v5_
4v4 has always felt the best to me. They make for the funnest matches in my opinion. It is, of course, also easier to field a team of 4 than 5.

In other news, I've hit 25 with the Vanguard and played around with the Vulcan. My personal opinion is that this mech is viable for the tourny. If anyone wants to talk to me about it in depth, you know where to find me.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#10 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:20 PM

4v4 might be a bit more boring, dunno.

depends on the consensus

#11 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:01 PM

5vs5 because it makes reading the battlefield a bit more challenging.

#12 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:03 PM

4v4 is much more fun. 5v5 is much more competitive.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#13 Sythorian

Sythorian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postmarshalade, on December 13 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

This.

Though through personal preference I would like 5v5.

What I would like to discuss is the launch time of the tourney, and the possible duration.

Edited by Sythorian, December 13 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#14 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostZeshi, on December 13 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Countermeasurses- BANNED
Something's going to have to be adjusted before the tournaments, because as far as I know, right now, if you equip a countermeasure, you can't take it off (unless you run out of stock, then it's irrelevant). It's necessary functionality anyway, but this puts a bit more of a deadline on it. I could be wrong, of course, but I couldn't figure it out.

Edited by Elix, December 13 2012 - 11:57 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#15 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostElix, on December 13 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on December 13 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Countermeasurses- BANNED
Something's going to have to be adjusted before the tournaments, because as far as I know, right now, if you equip a countermeasure, you can't take it off (unless you run out of stock, then it's irrelevant). It's necessary functionality anyway, but this puts a bit more of a deadline on it. I could be wrong, of course, but I couldn't figure it out.
incorrect.

You have to tick a small box to activate them even if they are equipped.

Edited by Necro, December 14 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:14 AM

Ah, okay. I haven't even used countermeasures yet, just been running around normally. At least that isn't going to be a problem.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#17 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hopefully I can party up with you other Steel Killer pilots for the tourney. I want to get my hands dirty with some fraggin!!!  Call a spot on the team if there's one open--of course if you guys don't mind =^~^=

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#18 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostSythorian, on December 13 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

This.

What I would like to discuss is the launch time of the tourney, and the possible duration.

Start time i was thinking around 5pm est (not too early for the west coasters and not too late for the Europeans). Duration, its going to depend on how long the matches take and how many go to the 3rd game, Im thinking prolly 2.5 hours for those that get to the final round.
Posted Image

#19 Sythorian

Sythorian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostZeshi, on December 14 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

This.

Start time i was thinking around 5pm est (not too early for the west coasters and not too late for the Europeans). Duration, its going to depend on how long the matches take and how many go to the 3rd game, Im thinking prolly 2.5 hours for those that get to the final round.

I would like to know what time that is in GMT, since my free time to play will most likely end at 10 PM (+1 GMT)

#20 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostSythorian, on December 14 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostZeshi, on December 14 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

This.

I would like to know what time that is in GMT, since my free time to play will most likely end at 10 PM (+1 GMT)
Hopefully i converted this right. I think 5pm est, is 10 pm gmt (i apologize for being an ignorant american)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Clan, Contest, Event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users