HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Earn hawken points faster.

Game Beta Preview

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 randylin26

randylin26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 04:57 PM

Wow, after a few matches, I wasn't even near the amount to get new items. I think it might take me hours just to get a cool weapon or something. It takes too long just to get hawken points, please hawken team, make obtaining hawken points much faster! (I do like how most parts are permanent thought.)

#2 DrHojo123

DrHojo123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:14 PM

Agreed it feels to grindy and while it isn't really pay 2 win it kinda feels like it

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:14 PM

Just for your information and so you can expand on how long/short you think things should be done it seems 7-10 hours of game time will buy you.

2 items.

or

1 mech.

How long do you feel it should take.

Edited by Necro, December 13 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#4 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:17 PM

Seems fine to me, I put in 4-5 matches and I am at 1500 hc. If it is MC we are talking bout then yes.

because bow ties are cool

#5 DrHojo123

DrHojo123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:21 PM

2 Items or 1 mech is fine but I think it could be at least faster by speeding the process of HC or reduceing the prices but as I say that is only my opion that is all

#6 King91OM

King91OM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:31 PM

I totally agree. It's not that we don't want to spend on MC but it's just too pricey for my country here. And the only option is to get HC which is just taking too long and I can't enjoy the mech I truly want when others are already enjoying it.

#7 Inushokin

Inushokin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGrove City, Ohio

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:53 PM

Suck it up_ The game just went into OB last night... Come on guys, do you really expect to unlock everything 24 hours in_ It's a MMO...

#8 DrHojo123

DrHojo123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 06:33 PM

As we said its our opion we arent here to start any fights or anything just to give our feedback

Edited by DrHojo123, December 13 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#9 Axton

Axton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:10 PM

Inushokin, on December 13 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Suck it up_ The game just went into OB last night... Come on guys, do you really expect to unlock everything 24 hours in_ It's a MMO...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:19 PM

TOO GRINDY!_ obviously no one here has played world of tanks and ground all the way to a tier 10 tank.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#11 Polaritie

Polaritie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:55 PM

OdinTheWise, on December 13 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Seems fine to me, I put in 4-5 matches and I am at 1500 hc. If it is MC we are talking bout then yes.

I'm maybe half that after 5 matches.

#12 Shephard

Shephard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:00 PM

true obtaining the points needed then haven to purchase m points online as well. come on,. lets earn them every time we level up or get to a spot of mech pilot rank. Our mech gets ranked why not the pilot. To me atm the game and systems are new. And i am not going to subject my credit card to the system and then be broke cause the system took to much out. had this happen once and will not do it again. PUT missions in this game break the pvp style a bit. Please.............

#13 Demonocolips

Demonocolips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:16 PM

it just seems like risk/reward/time is not balanced out.
the games only last 15 min but some of the parts i have to buy take 20 of these matches to buy and when im unlocking and leveling up really fast in the first two matches it makes no sense to have it move so slow.
Check my Youtube channel for gaming footage from WOT and other games.

#14 Golgo13

Golgo13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 04:01 AM

Inushokin, on December 13 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

He's right though.. its an mmo. Not a CoD action fps. it will take time to build your mech up. Or spend the cash. Budget 15$ a month for cash and it will seem you are paying for a subscription.

#15 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 14 2012 - 04:14 AM

Remember, folks. The free to play model asks you to give it one of two things to progress (not win, progress): time or money. Don't want to pay for your mechs, exp, and gear_ Earn it by playing the game. It's play for free, pay for efficiency.

Note that "pay to win" isn't in there; nothing game-affecting requires you to spend Meteor Credits. Countermeasures are a slightly different case, but that's a ten-page thread in its own right. Use the search function to find any one of the numerous threads about that if you want to get into that conversation. Let's not derail this one with a hijack into talking about cm. This is about Hawken Credit accumulation rates.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#16 NeverWas

NeverWas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:13 AM

take league of legends as an example, you need an average of 45 games to unlock 1 champion without spending money on boosters.

and an average game spans about 30 minutes, that's 20+ hours of game play for 1 champion. (and i'm being extremely linen with the game count)

there are currently 102 champions in the pool, excluding some stat improvements we called 'runes' which cost additional in game points.

some says the company will fail because the game is such a grind fest, today the highest live stream viewer they have is 25k, 100k if there's a tournament.

hawken being grindy _ think again.

P/s: an average point one game will get you is 120 points, +150 for one game if you have the daily bonus, one champion costs you 6300 points, go figures.

Edited by NeverWas, December 14 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#17 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 14 2012 - 06:31 AM

I'm satisfied with the Hawken Credit gain. Countermeasures need to be slashed in HC price and equipment could stand to have lower prices, in my opinion, but I'm reasonably satisfied with the gain rate.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#18 Overvolt

Overvolt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGoiânia - GO

Posted December 14 2012 - 07:41 AM

I think to be a period of testing the game really should allow more easily buy items and mechs
Intel i7 2600K 4.5@ | ASUS P8Z68-V PRO | GSkill 1866mhz 8G(2x4G) 9-10-9-28 1.5v | MSI 570GTX TF III | 2 x WesterDigital 1T 64mb, Samsung 1T | Corsair AX-850W | TV LCD Sony Bravia KDL32EX405 | Asus Xonar D2X | Logitech Z-5500 | Logitech G35 | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H70 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouses Razor MAMBA | Pad SteelSeries SX ProGaming | M$ Joy X360

#19 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 14 2012 - 07:42 AM

Overvolt, on December 14 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

I think to be a period of testing the game really should allow more easily buy items and mechs
The game is live. If they intentionally set the price too low and raised it later, that would be an unfair advantage to people who started playing before the change.

#20 Sookie

Sookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:27 AM

Coming from an older gamer with a lot going on in my life, 7-10 hours of gaming in a week has now become something of a holy grail.

I used to stay up all night and work days then right back to it.  Now my wife, my dog, a baby on the way, job, college (yes I am retraining) and any downtime eat away at my precious game time until it's a vague memory.  

So for someone like me who is stretched on all fronts including money yes, 7-10 hours feels like a lifetime.  I am neither going to reap the rewards of paying for anything with real cash or unlock anything to keep up with the curve.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Beta, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users