HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Penalization for players excessively quitting

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Penalization for Players Excessively Quitting (250 member(s) have cast votes)

Penalize players for excessively quitting_

1. Yes (127 votes [50.80%])

Percentage of vote: 50.80%

2. No (123 votes [49.20%])

Percentage of vote: 49.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

View Postnokari, on January 14 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

3 days being suspended is way too excessive and doesn't really fit the offense. I think a better idea might be that quitting a match costs HP or XP. It could be a standard amount each time or increases by a constant rate (maybe 1.5x) each time the person quits within a 24hr period.
For example, if you quit once, you have to spend 100 hawken points. Then a couple matches later you decide to quit again, so it costs 150hp. The next time it costs 225hp, etc. It provides incentive to stay in a match, since you only get a couple hundred hp per match as it is, so the more you quit, the more it hurts when you want to buy items and internals.
And to prevent people from accidentally losing hp, it could be required that you have to ready up and enter the Lobby or enter a match for the penalty to take effect. That way people who want to leave right after a match and don't leave in time before the next map begins to load won't get hit with a penalty simply for being slow to leave. And people who join a match and want to leave right after their first death can't run off without consequences.

Good idea, but yours doesn't provide enough of a deterrent for people to not quit. A person can make about 1000 HC in about an hour of play.  There are people out there with literally thousands of HC they are just sitting on, and there are people like me with peanuts.  So what is to stop someone with HC to spare from quitting and trolling every team they're on if the mood takes them_  The only way yours would be effective is if it worked on a % of HC and not a flat amount.

And even that could be seen as more harsh than what I proposed because you are having what you earned (your hawken credits) actively taken never to be seen again.  Whereas with mine, your mechs, exp, and hc are still there, you're just suspended for a little while.

Keeping players that quit excessively out of the community allowing us to game without having to worry about them quitting and making teams uneven would be best for both parties.  Also keep in mind I said the three days was just a suggestion.  I personally think 2 is fair because A) it's not coming out of the blue, you've been warned prior, B ) If you can't respect other peoples game, you need to be gone.

And other peoples games_ Does this game belong to any of us here in this thread_ What a makes a match theirs_ I personally quit a few times a day because I take care of an elderly parent, you got a problem with that_ Again enough QQ, more PEW PEW.

Edited by Ryuronin, January 14 2013 - 04:44 PM.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#22 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationWashington State Interwebz

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny happens wether emergencies or internet problems or someone who gets fed up with being outmatched. Free-will, quit crying over stupid stuff, as we get more players this wont be so much of a problem. JESUS GUYS fuzzy bunny QQ

Until it happens to you game after game after game after game and you can't have a decent match because of it.  It's not QQ.  It's a very real problem that exists in-game and there needs to be a deterrent.  You trying to marginalize the problem, or harass those who experience it and are trying to think of a constructive way to limit it so EVERYONE can enjoy a better game does not make the problem any less real.

#23 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

3 days being suspended is way too excessive and doesn't really fit the offense. I think a better idea might be that quitting a match costs HP or XP. It could be a standard amount each time or increases by a constant rate (maybe 1.5x) each time the person quits within a 24hr period.
For example, if you quit once, you have to spend 100 hawken points. Then a couple matches later you decide to quit again, so it costs 150hp. The next time it costs 225hp, etc. It provides incentive to stay in a match, since you only get a couple hundred hp per match as it is, so the more you quit, the more it hurts when you want to buy items and internals.
And to prevent people from accidentally losing hp, it could be required that you have to ready up and enter the Lobby or enter a match for the penalty to take effect. That way people who want to leave right after a match and don't leave in time before the next map begins to load won't get hit with a penalty simply for being slow to leave. And people who join a match and want to leave right after their first death can't run off without consequences.

Good idea, but yours doesn't provide enough of a deterrent for people to not quit. A person can make about 1000 HC in about an hour of play.  There are people out there with literally thousands of HC they are just sitting on, and there are people like me with peanuts.  So what is to stop someone with HC to spare from quitting and trolling every team they're on if the mood takes them_  The only way yours would be effective is if it worked on a % of HC and not a flat amount.

And even that could be seen as more harsh than what I proposed because you are having what you earned (your hawken credits) actively taken never to be seen again.  Whereas with mine, your mechs, exp, and hc are still there, you're just suspended for a little while.

Keeping players that quit excessively out of the community allowing us to game without having to worry about them quitting and making teams uneven would be best for both parties.  Also keep in mind I said the three days was just a suggestion.  I personally think 2 is fair because A) it's not coming out of the blue, you've been warned prior, B ) If you can't respect other peoples game, you need to be gone.

And other peoples games_ Does this game belong to any of us here in this thread_ What a makes a match theirs_ I personally quit a few times a day because I take care of an elderly parent, you got a problem with that_ Again enough QQ, more PEW PEW.

Yes, if you are in a match, it is your game because you are participating in it.  How self centered are you to believe that you leaving does not effect the rest of your team negatively_

And there is nothing wrong with that.  Just play when you do not have to do two things at once instead of fuzzy bunny over your team mates.  Ever hear of the proverb "Chase two rabbits, lose both_".  Not only are you effecting your team mates in game, but also you are giving your parent less care than you should because you are dividing your attention between them and well..  A damned video game.  Some care taker you are.

Edited by NoJustice, January 14 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#24 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:50 PM

Now I can see this as a legitimate way to do it, but like I said as we gain more players this wont be a big problem.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image

#25 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Now I can see this as a legitimate way to do it, but like I said as we gain more players this wont be a big problem.

Except it won't be.  What about people with no hawken credits, or who have so much they just don't care_

#26 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

And there is nothing wrong with that.  Just play when you do not have to do two things at once instead of fuzzy bunny over your team mates.  Ever hear of the proverb "Chase two rabbits, lose one_".  Not only are you effecting your team mates in game, but also you are giving your parent less care than you should because you are dividing your attention between them and well..  A damned video game.  Some care taker you are.

You are never going to stop people from leavin a match simple as that.
And really were gonna judge when we dont know fuzzy bunny about people_ Mom wants me to run a bath take out trash ect short notice, whats wrong with playing a game and if my mom needs something I drop what im doing and help_  Ill chew bubble gum, watch TV, talk on my phone, eat and play Hawken at the same time if I damn well please but thats besides the point.
And to be honest im kinda appalled at some peoples attitudes on here. Yall neede to remember this is a Free To Play game, it doesnt just attract the strict LEET gamers it pulls a multi faceted crowd.

Posted Image

#27 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny happens wether emergencies or internet problems or someone who gets fed up with being outmatched. Free-will, quit crying over stupid stuff, as we get more players this wont be so much of a problem. JESUS GUYS fuzzy bunny QQ

Until it happens to you game after game after game after game and you can't have a decent match because of it.  It's not QQ.  It's a very real problem that exists in-game and there needs to be a deterrent.  You trying to marginalize the problem, or harass those who experience it and are trying to think of a constructive way to limit it so EVERYONE can enjoy a better game does not make the problem any less real.

And no ive experienced it many a times. I hate being left alone to face a well organized team all on my lonesome to be pulverized into spare parts but banning someone for that, comon. REMEMBER FREE TO PLAY, think about the type of game your talking about here. What i am doing is trying to provide a down to earth prospective to the arguement. Reason in the face of madness. And once more, once more people come and the matchmaking system and maybe auto-balance is implemented, what use will we have for this extreme measure_ Have patience let the game develop. Your sugestion is an opinion this is mine, dont chew my head off for it.

Posted Image

#28 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:21 PM

Good idea, but yours doesn't provide enough of a deterrent for people to not quit. A person can make about 1000 HC in about an hour of play.  There are people out there with literally thousands of HC they are just sitting on, and there are people like me with peanuts.  So what is to stop someone with HC to spare from quitting and trolling every team they're on if the mood takes them_  The only way yours would be effective is if it worked on a % of HC and not a flat amount.  And what about those with 0 HC_

1. The point is to take away people's HC and obviously the number I threw out was just an example. It could be any number or percentage. I also suggested it could be XP instead if that sounds better. You could have a lot of HC, but if you keep quitting, that number will start going down, exponentially. It's an incentive to stay in games. It won't stop everyone but it will alleviate many cases. I don't expect to find a solution that is both fair to everyone without some sort of compromise on both sides.

2. For players without enough HC, they have to play. That's the point, right_ To not have people run off in a match_ Earn your HC and you can quit as much as you feel you can afford. If you can't afford it, then you can't quit.
For new players starting out, there could be a time limit. You get say 10 days or 20 matches to play until the penalties begin. That's more than enough time for people to play and try things out without being obligated to fight in every match they join.

Where did those credits come from_ From playing right_ You earn them by participating in matches. If you're abandoning matches, then the idea here is there should be some sort of punishment. My idea is to set some sort of reasonable penalty that also provides an incentive to still play that doesn't strip people's ability to actually play, unlike your ban idea. I don't think any number of days or hours being banned is reasonable. It's more counterproductive than a small fee. Lost HC can be made up in a single match. Lost time cannot be made up in people's personal lives.

Keeping people out of the community hurts the community as a whole. We all need or choose to quit at some point or another and it would be unfortunate for Hawken to gradually reduce in size just so cliques of friends could take over. What if you had to quit for an important reason and your friends were fine with it_ What if your game kept crashing/booting you out_ Would you be happy being banned for X number of days despite there not being a problem to other people or because of accidents beyond your control_ I don't think it's that much of a problem to risk killing the game. Frustrating members into quitting the game entirely is certainly not the best option for the community, nor would penalizing them for accidents or emergencies.

Edited by nokari, January 14 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

#29 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostRyuronin, on January 14 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

True. I think it will also help if we get auto-balancing so people don't get stuck in matches where they are suddenly down 2+ team members. Overall I think quitters can be annoying, but it's not that big of an issue to start severely punishing anyone for it. More often than not I play with a man down and we still win as long as we have good teamwork.

Posted Image

#30 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:33 PM

You still didn't mention what would happen if a player with 0 (read ZERO) HC decides to troll people.  Also, you would RATHER have people lose what they earned, rather then just not play for a few days_  "We all need or choose to quit at some point or another and it would be unfortunate for Hawken to gradually reduce in size just so cliques of friends could take over."  How would cliques of friends take over because people who can't understand not to enter games and then quit, making teams uneven, would be out of the game for a few days_  Are these people hacker buddies that are going to conspire to hack into another person's account and make them quit repeatedly, hence banning them_  Also, again, you would have a few times that you could quit a match.  Not just once and you're banned.  I don't think you realize what I'm proposing.

"2. For players without enough HC, they have to play. That's the point, right_ To not have people run off in a match_ Earn your HC and you can quit as much as you feel you can afford."  - Okay, so you're okay with someone appearing on your team then leaving your team on a 4 vs. 5 note to lose.  You're okay with people doing this time after time, never letting you get a decent game in_

Keeping people out of the community hurts the community as a whole."  - Really_  You act like it's permanent.  And yes, if they can't follow the rules they get kicked out for a few days so people can have even teams.  Everyone wins.  Except the person who wasn't smart enough to heed the warnings. Basically what you're telling me is "It's okay for people to infringe against the rules, harming everyone else's enjoyment as long as they have the money to cover it."  And if that's the case, what's the point of a rule that does not apply to everyone equally_  A -125 HC or Exp hit is alot more to a new player than an older one.

And then what do you do against someone who only has the CR-T, no HC and no Experience_  Or maybe they have 0 experience and HC now because they previously left a match, but they keep on doing it_  What do you do then_

"Lost time cannot be made up in people's personal lives."  - Personal life_  It's a game. You make it sound like if being banned from this game for a while will stop any and all personal interactions you have with anyone. XD   If this is all you do, and this is your ONLY means of social interaction, and losing a day or two is THAT MUCH of a problem that it effects you so deeply, you uh... Need something else to do.  Go outside.  Go to a friend's house.  Read a book.  Do something.

Now if on the other hand you meant "Personal time" well that I can sort of understand.  Except that it really isn't personal as when you are in game you are interacting with other people.  Many, many other people from around the world.  Plain for anyone to see.  And when in any social situation there are rules and what not to be followed.  I think free time is the phrase you're looking for.  And I'm sure if you had to stop playing this game for a day or two as a result of your failure to obey clearly stated rules, with warnings given, you would find something else to do and not shrivel up and fade away.

Edited by NoJustice, January 14 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#31 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 14 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

You still didn't mention what would happen if a player with 0 (read ZERO) HC decides to troll people.  Also, you would RATHER have people lose what they earned, rather then just not play for a few days_

So what if someone trolls_ What harm can they really do that is any different than the way things are already_ Is it really worse than being left alone to fight by yourself_

I would rather people had to consider their choices and live with them rather than be forced to not be able to play with friends and earn nothing. Being forced to choose whether to play and earn more regardless of win or lose is better than not being able to play at all, don't you think_

"We all need or choose to quit at some point or another and it would be unfortunate for Hawken to gradually reduce in size just so cliques of friends could take over."  How would cliques of friends take over because people who can't understand not to enter games and then quit, making teams uneven, would be out of the game for a few days_  Are these people hacker buddies that are going to conspire to hack into another person's account and make them quit repeatedly, hence banning them_  Also, again, you would have a few times that you could quit a match.  Not just once and you're banned.  I don't think you realize what I'm proposing.

I don't think you're realizing that banning people from a game removes people's desires to play at all. What's left after all the casual players leave because they choose or had to quit a few matches and aren't willing to deal with a game that would ban them over such trivial fuzzy bunny_

"2. For players without enough HC, they have to play. That's the point, right_ To not have people run off in a match_ Earn your HC and you can quit as much as you feel you can afford."  - Okay, so you're okay with someone appearing on your team then leaving your team on a 4 vs. 5 note to lose.  You're okay with people doing this time after time, never letting you get a decent game in_

You didn't let me finish. I said "If you can't afford it, then you can't quit."
I'm fine with the occasional quitter. I don't go QQ over being down a man. I ask someone to switch over to even things out if we're down more than 1 player or just play it through until the next match. Either way I'm still getting my HC and XP and the next match will be filled with players who will actually stay. I don't usually lose when faced 4 against 5 as long as there's teamwork. Even if I do lose, I'm happy so long as it's a good slug out match that lasts a long time. That's still worth it to me. Skill usually has a way of sorting things out.

Keeping people out of the community hurts the community as a whole."  - Really_  You act like it's permanent.  And yes, if they can't follow the rules they get kicked out for a few days so people can have even teams.  Everyone wins.  Except the person who wasn't smart enough to heed the warnings.

And you're acting like banning people has no repercussions, only benefits. You say it evens things out for days, but banning isn't going to magically stop all quitting for a few days. As a company, I doubt they would want any players to be leaving with a sour experience just because some of guys get pissy over a few quitters.

Posted Image

#32 Gask

Gask

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:32 PM

You guys are asking for the wrong things, why seek to harm others over leaving a game_ Its play time and if they aren't having fun with it then they won't continue and it's as simple as that.  You should instead be petitioning for team auto balance and a Ladder system; one to help adjust the frequently imbalanced teams that are created in public matches and the other to give you people what you want: super serious mode, no games here pal.

#33 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:36 PM

So what if someone trolls_ What harm can they really do that is any different than the way things are already_ Is it really worse than being left alone to fight by yourself_

I would rather people had to consider their choices and live with them rather than be forced to not be able to play with friends and earn nothing. Being forced to choose whether to play and earn more regardless of win or lose is better than not being able to play at all, don't you think_"  -  A) You wouldn't be fighting by yourself.  B ) If your friends can't understand to stop leaving games, yes they should be banned.

"I don't think you're realizing that banning people from a game removes people's desires to play at all. What's left after all the casual players leave because they choose or had to quit a few matches and aren't willing to deal with a game that would ban them over such trivial fuzzy bunny_" - If a person chooses to quit playing a game because they blatantly disregarded the rules and were punished accordingly, then you really can't say much about their desire to play in the first place.  Imagine a basketball player getting an intentional foul, getting flagged onto the bench for the game, but deciding to retire from the game forever.  Because of their OWN actions and inability to follow rules.  Poor sportsmanship.

"And you're acting like banning people has no repercussions, only benefits. You say it evens things out for days, but banning isn't going to magically stop all quitting for a few days. As a company, I doubt they would want any players to be leaving with a sour experience just because some of guys get pissy over a few quitters."  - No, it will stop those who have committed the offense a number of times from ruining other people's games for a time and give those who haven't something to think about, deterring them from doing the same.  Also, no player should leave with a sour experience because THEY THEMSELVES chose to disregard the rules and were punished.  That's just juvenile.  Also, they would not be voted out by anyone.  The system would just kick them for the amount of days.

Edited by NoJustice, January 14 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostGask, on January 14 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

You guys are asking for the wrong things, why seek to harm others over leaving a game_ Its play time and if they aren't having fun with it then they won't continue and it's as simple as that.  You should instead be petitioning for team auto balance and a Ladder system; one to help adjust the frequently imbalanced teams that are created in public matches and the other to give you people what you want: super serious mode, no games here pal.

+1

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#35 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostGask, on January 14 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

There are already posts about those.  Also, if a person isn't having fun doesn't mean you just leave.  It's 15-30 minutes.  Stick it out. Imagine if people did that in sports.  Just walked off the field because "I'm not having fun anymore.".  I guess maybe I'm out of touch and people are taught to just give up when things don't go their way nowadays.

#36 IDReaper

IDReaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:48 PM

Completely agreed with what Gask said. I don't think fighting fire with fire here is the right idea and because it is a game I don't think forcing people not to play is right. I think people can choose what to do with their time and if it's Hawken, leaving matches or not they should be able to. I don't think it is right to try to impose on other people what they do with their time because of revenge or being on a moral high horse or whatever.

Didn't really post to mix things up though so take it as you will that's how I feel. What I wanted to say is with a system like this in place doesn't that just mean that quitters become afk'ers_ People don't want a penalty so they just stay in the game filling a slot. I think that would be much worse since now you would have no possibility for another player at all o.o.

EDIT:

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

There are already posts about those.  Also, if a person isn't having fun doesn't mean you just leave.  It's 15-30 minutes.  Stick it out. Imagine if people did that in sports.  Just walked off the field because "I'm not having fun anymore.".  I guess maybe I'm out of touch and people are taught to just give up when things don't go their way nowadays.

Also here, this is how I would explain it. If you go to a soccer pick up and decided you aren't having fun anymore, why yes, yes you can walk off and grab some lunch. Of course in professional sports no you can't do this, there would be severe penalties. I think what you are trying to do is forces pubbies to go pro_ That's why it's a pub, so people can play on their own time. I think clans are still a perfect solution to avoiding this issue.

Edited by IDReaper, January 14 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#37 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostIDReaper, on January 14 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Completely agreed with what Gask said. I don't think fighting fire with fire here is the right idea and because it is a game I don't think forcing people not to play is right. I think people can choose what to do with their time and if it's Hawken, leaving matches or not they should be able to. I don't think it is right to try to impose on other people what they do with their time because of revenge or being on a moral high horse or whatever.

Didn't really post to mix things up though so take it as you will that's how I feel. What I wanted to say is with a system like this in place doesn't that just mean that quitters become afk'ers_ People don't want a penalty so they just stay in the game filling a slot. I think that would be much worse since now you would have no possibility for another player at all o.o.

Yes, they can choose what to do with their time.  Play or not play.  Don't if you don't have the time to do so.  No one is forcing you to play hawken.  Also, no one would be forcing you not to play unless you routinely hamper your team's ability by quitting in multiple fights.  I'm done speaking my piece.  You guys want a game where it's routinely 1 v 5 because no one will join because you're the only one left, be my guest.  I'll check back in a few months when everything thing becomes hopefully un-fuzzy bunny.

#38 NoJustice

NoJustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostIDReaper, on January 14 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Also here, this is how I would explain it. If you go to a soccer pick up and decided you aren't having fun anymore, why yes, yes you can walk off and grab some lunch. Of course in professional sports no you can't do this, there would be severe penalties. I think what you are trying to do is forces pubbies to go pro_ That's why it's a pub, so people can play on their own time. I think clans are still a perfect solution to avoiding this issue.

Never said I wanted it to be Pro. I just want people to not leave your team in a 2 v 5 or 3 v 5 situation because "I want a sandwich."  This isn't a soccer pick up.  These are people trying to earn points, exp, and practical experience which is severely hampered when you run off because you "Want a sandwich.".  Do you understand that the slot on your team may not be filled_  Do you understand that that 4 v 5 situation you leave your team with might become a 2 v 5_  Also, keep in mind probably at least 50% of people who quit do not have legitimate reasons.  They are just rage quitting. This wouldn't be so bad if this didn't happen in 3/5 games I take part in. "Enemy team has all three missile silos_  fuzzy bunny.  *checks scoreboard*  Well, I'm the only one left on my team.  Great." So now my options are to A) Try and find another game and hope it doesn't happen again or B ) stick it out, get destroyed due to numerically superior forces and get much less of a reward had everyone else just stayed and played the game.  Thank you for wasting my time.

And anyone who DOES join my team in that situation, they don't stick around.  Why should they have to fight their way out of a situation they didn't create or that might be difficult_  So Hawken's player base leaves when they do poorly, justify it, then believe they should have no penalty for leaving their teammate's ass in the breeze.  Nice.

Edited by NoJustice, January 14 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#39 Kamile

Kamile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGreen Noa I

Posted January 14 2013 - 08:04 PM

It'd be nicer for everyone if the offender was simply charged the amount of HC they earned the match they left. Turn the + to a - This way the more amount of time they've spent in the match the more they are penalized which sounds like the only logical step as to not harshly punish someone leaving at the least crucial of the match or someone who just wasn't doing too good for the team anyways. This is the only option I feel isn't over the top and balances out a suitable punishment for the individual rather than give everyone the same punishment.

Edited by Kamile, January 14 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#40 IDReaper

IDReaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted January 14 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostNoJustice, on January 14 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Never said I wanted it to be Pro. I just want people to not leave your team in a 2 v 5 or 3 v 5 situation because "I want a sandwich."  This isn't a soccer pick up.  These are people trying to earn points, exp, and practical experience which is severely hampered when you run off because you "Want a sandwich.".  Do you understand that the slot on your team may not be filled_  Do you understand that that 4 v 5 situation you leave your team with might become a 2 v 5_  Also, keep in mind probably at least 50% of people who quit do not have legitimate reasons.  They are just rage quitting. This wouldn't be so bad if this didn't happen in 3/5 games I take part in. "Enemy team has all three missile silos_  fuzzy bunny.  *checks scoreboard*  Well, I'm the only one left on my team.  Great." So now my options are to A) Try and find another game and hope it doesn't happen again or B ) stick it out, get destroyed due to numerically superior forces and get much less of a reward had everyone else just stayed and played the game.  Thank you for wasting my time.

And anyone who DOES join my team in that situation, they don't stick around.  Why should they have to fight their way out of a situation they didn't create or that might be difficult_  So Hawken's player base leaves when they do poorly, justify it, then believe they should have no penalty for leaving their teammate's ass in the breeze.  Nice.

Well you see I used the soccer example because you compared it to sports. I understand you completely, it's frustrating to get left on a team of 2 v 5. But this is still a game not matter what you may be earning towards it. Nobody needs to be subject to an obligation to play. As I said if you want a strong team based environment with stable and fair matches I suggest joining a clan and avoiding pubs. As I said before invoking a timed ban penalty on pub games where presumably people are playing casually or for fun is wrong. It is not as serious as you are making it out to be.

BUT continuing to argue you point now does not make too much sense because it isn't the solution, fixing matchmaking, adding in the missing server browser and community coordination is the solution. I stopped playing in clans a long time ago because I can't afford the luxury of scheduling playtime. There needs to be a place for me and everyone else who plays casually, and a place for people like you who take things more serious. We don't need to alienate a fairly large demographic of the player base here.

Just trying to put things in perspective, there is a reasonable way to solve your issue, I don't think your way is how it should be done. Honestly though I mean this with the best intentions, give a clan here a try. Hit one up in the sub-forums. I really do think this will make for a better experience for you.

Edited by IDReaper, January 14 2013 - 08:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users