HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Raider Update: Patch Notes

News Patch Game

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#121 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 02 2013 - 07:51 AM

Now THAT'S a patch,
and yay, SS from closed test is back!

#122 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:11 AM

Any plans to make feathering adjustments to HE and Detonators as well_

#123 Restowned

Restowned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:21 AM

I am very pleased with these patch notes! Looking forward to seeing how the changes effect the gameplay. That is the major advantage to having smaller time devolopers(no offense obv.), is that they are far more likely to listen to their fanbase and try out new things. As opposed to catering to the casuals just so they can milk the cash cow as much as possible :).

#124 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:24 AM

Probably wont see many Vulcans now. Atleast they should decrease spinup time or increase ROF to make it more viable in peekaboo contests with flak-scouts.
Agreed...

Posted Image

#125 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:43 AM

Oh eoc inf is gonna be lots of fun
Posted Image

#126 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted March 02 2013 - 09:08 AM

I don't feel like the HEAT cannon will be DEAD like you all are supposing. Now you have to hit your target with the shell. Great change.

Most likely I'll still be using it. It has always been by far and wide my favorite primary.
Call me Nos.

#127 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted March 02 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostUmbre, on January 14 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Weapon: Assault Rifle
Minimum Heat Generation: 16 seconds
Maximum Heat Generation: 14 seconds
Damage Per Second: 85
Maximum Damage Output: 1360

Weapon: REV-GL
Minimum Heat Generation: 23 seconds
Maximum Heat Generation: 17 seconds
Damage Per Second: 94
Maximum Damage Output: 2162

Not skill, god-like prescience and prediction. You must hit every grenade, on target, every time. Missing a grenade tanks your damage output and heat pool so severely that you will never recover against the AR/SMC/Vulcan. A single grenade is equivalent to missing an entire second of AR fire.
Actually missing a single nade is not the end of the world since it deals burst damage, bounces off walls and can be used to lay it on the ground one can use cover more effectively and therefore deny that 1 second of sustained ar fire. furthermore the fact that it is a burst fire weapon means it is easier to manage heat since it does not require sustained fire to a substantial amount of damage. For an AR to deal the exact amount 1 missed nade would deal it requires the lack of spread, fall off and perfect accuracy as well as sustained line of sight on the target.

Except that the RevGL is the initial equipment loadout and is thus not a sidegrade, but the initial experience that the mech is attempting to convey. That experience should not be "this mech is worse in every way imaginable to literally any other weapon combination you could have chosen". The HEAT is superior (and continues to be superior) in all dimensions and in all scenarioswhen compared to the RevGL, pre or post-patch. That's not a sidegrade. It's the only viable option.

Your wrongly assuming the Rev-GL will be useless, which i doubt will be the case. Furthermore it seems like most other mech have access to "better" weapons as they level up: SS=> slug Scout=>flak=>heat Bruiser=>smc=>AR Rocketeer=>EOC Infiltrator=>heat=>eoc Berserker=>AR=>vulcan

Hitscan bullet weapons have the inherent advantage of being undodgeable (and have thus continued to be applicable against explosive options). The only explosive weapons that were sidelining bullets were those with splash ranges and minimum damages larger than a player's ability to avoid them (and thus to be unavoidable), both of which are corrected by this patch; those changes I think are good and will change the dynamic of the game. But bullets have never been obsoleted by explosives.

Hitscan weapons have the inherant disadvantage of requiring LoS. Therefore they fell out of fashion and were outshone by weapons that could deal substantial amount of damage by requirering minimal aim and little to no LoS. But we all agree this patch should change things for the better.

No, it isn't, and here's why: using the weapon as an area-denial tool burns heat pool. Current ROF is ~1.25 (5 in every 4 seconds), I guesstimated 1.3 (or 4 in every 3 seconds). If you put down 10 grenades, that's half your heat pool for 7.6 seconds of denial. At that point, an opponent can simply step into your line of fire, because he knows that even if you hold down the button, you will overheat before you can do enough damage to kill him. That's not area-denial, it's suicide in a C-class chassis. The RevGL in area-denial is dead.  You do not have any leeway in your heat or damage output to do any kind of denial or corner-punishment or fishing for damage. Not a single round.
This scenario still aplied to the old rev-gl if you were dumb enough to spam a point until you were on the verge of overheating you left yourself open to being swarmed, the same thing still aplies.By gaining RoF it has gained considerably better damage during its time at area denial. By gaining more heat generation it has effectively increased the skill required for the player to make a choice torwards conserving his heat or spaming mindlessly.

Edited by h0B0, March 02 2013 - 09:18 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#128 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 09:53 AM

Umbre, on January 15 2013
Weapon: Assault Rifle
Minimum Heat Generation: 16 seconds
Maximum Heat Generation: 14 seconds
Damage Per Second: 85
Maximum Damage Output: 1360

Weapon: REV-GL
Minimum Heat Generation: 23 seconds
Maximum Heat Generation: 17 seconds
Damage Per Second: 94
Maximum Damage Output: 2162
this was before revgl dmg nerf btw

#129 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted March 02 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostConquistador, on March 01 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on March 01 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on March 01 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Bullets are hitscan, not projectiles. I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean self-inflicted bullet damage.

Also, HEAT is dead. Long live EOC!*

I called it didn't I, EOC Infiltrator bandwagon~

Psh we used EOC before it was popular.

Am I part of that "before it was popular" club_

Also if they are releasing this patch in march and they said before hand that there will be 2 patches a month, does that mean that this month will have 3 patches or 2_

Edited by ShadowWarg, March 02 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#130 IguanaMGT

IguanaMGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted March 02 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on March 01 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Also am I the only one annoyed by the automatically changing end of match screen_ I mean seriously does it have to change screens every few seconds_ I like to take a look at my stats then watch the player roster to figure out who is staying, who is going, and who is joining while also seeing how I did compared to others. Gets annoying having it change every couple of seconds.

I reported it as a bug because it used to behave differently before the latest patch, but none of the ADH/MTR crew addressed it, not even the comm. managers. And NO mention of it in the patch-notes. I think it just slipped not being reported to the proper crew of GUI coders. And yes, it annoys the hell out of me, that's why I reported it immediately, from the game itself. :) You're not the only one. I can't provide the forum URL to the bug-report because I reported it as a ticket, ingame. This is from one of the mails: "Your request (#14916) has been solved. To reopen this request, just reply to this email."

#131 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostIguanaMGT, on March 02 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on March 01 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Also am I the only one annoyed by the automatically changing end of match screen_ I mean seriously does it have to change screens every few seconds_ I like to take a look at my stats then watch the player roster to figure out who is staying, who is going, and who is joining while also seeing how I did compared to others. Gets annoying having it change every couple of seconds.

I reported it as a bug because it used to behave differently before the latest patch, but none of the ADH/MTR crew addressed it, not even the comm. managers. And NO mention of it in the patch-notes. I think it just slipped not being reported to the proper crew of GUI coders. And yes, it annoys the hell out of me, that's why I reported it immediately, from the game itself. :) You're not the only one. I can't provide the forum URL to the bug-report because I reported it as a ticket, ingame. This is from one of the mails: "Your request (#14916) has been solved. To reopen this request, just reply to this email."

I didn't think it was a bug because you can see the little count down icon next to the menu always going and it felt like they just expected the menus to advance on their own. May have to report this myself now and hopefully it gets fixed soon because I hate fighting against the thing after matches or when I'm talking in chat to someone who is no longer there.

I think 90% of the time post game I look like a crazy person because I'm hamming it up with people who aren't there...

Posted Image

#132 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 10:50 AM

I just unlocked eoc on my inf last night.  Got to play a couple matches with it.

Its just a cool feeling gun.  Its got a sweet model and animations. And the sound engineers really brought the thing to life.  Like the *clok* of each puck reloading.  And the high pressure air release sound it makes when you boost without firing off a charged shot.

As for gameplay its fuzzin tough.  Gonna need a ton of practice before I can hit any moving targets lol.  In the meantime I'll be an easy(ier) kill.  Take it easy on me ;)

#133 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:32 AM

I can't wait for this patch. I've been saving up for a new Mech and I'm hating those Rocketeers and Bruisers at the minute so I'm hoping the Raider will be an *ss kicker!
Good work on the matchmaking and server browser. I'm looking forward to the week ahead.
Posted Image

#134 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:34 AM

No performance fix_ :(
Posted Image
pm me for hire :)

#135 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostScapes, on March 01 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looks good.  Obviously lots of work has gone into that.  Thanks.

#136 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:44 AM

First off, thanks for all the thanks! We're beyond excited about this patch.

View PostStealth_303, on March 01 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

no clan tags .... please let them be available March 5th -- MUCH LOVE HAWKEN TEAM

While this won't be in the Raider Update, it is on our radar.

View PostKaszaWspraju, on March 01 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Great, more meaningless text on the screen during the fight

View PostLongForeignMan, on March 02 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Am I the only one who LIKES the text on the screen for kills_!_! I find they never get in the way, and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when the kill/assist points show up. On that note - that little "beep" and the circular ping that shows up when you get a killing blow is my favorite thing ever. I hear it in my dreams.

More positive reinforcement of good play.

View PostDragonzhunter, on March 01 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I still don't see nothing about the fact if we can change the primary weapons or use points in optimize, between matches. And this one I think is one of the priority problem, like we can change the mechs also we should can change the primary weapons, or items. If I can ghange the mech after I died once, why I could not change the weapon of the mech_ and for this atm I must leave the match etc_

View PostFutal, on March 01 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Still not able to switch load outs in the staging area :-(

As Jason mentioned, we're looking into ways to implement this.

View PostSS396, on March 01 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Wheres the alpha and beta camos___

View PostGuiotine, on March 01 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Since there wasn't any mention of alpha/beta camos, I just assumed they are still not ready to release account bound inventories.

While the camos are ready, we're still preparing the method to distribute them to the appropriate players which is why they were omitted from the patch notes. We'll have a reveal of how they look soon, promise.

View Post_Caffeine_, on March 01 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

No fix for explosive munitions for explosive primaries. Maybe it will be a ninja change. Also looks like traded most "slightlies" and "greatlies" for percentages, still be nice to see the before and after numbers on the changes.

View Post_Caffeine_, on March 02 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Any plans to make feathering adjustments to HE and Detonators as well_

Will check on these.

View PostReachH, on March 01 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

EVERYONE SHOULD BE VERY EXCITED

We certainly are!

View Postmantisftw, on March 01 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well with all this. I might actually start playing again.

That's what we like to hear!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#137 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:47 AM

And what about Rev-GL_ Why did you nerfed it so much_ :(

Posted Image

#138 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 01 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

• Projectiles fired at point blank range will now cause damage.

Finally, I never knew this was a bug, but I thought it was weird.  Good.

OMG, High PhysX!  Recently I found that my FPS stays at 30 during firefights with PhysX ON, so I'm right at the cutoff point.  So I guess I'll have to invest in a better card in the future :D  Till then I get 45 FPS during firefights with PhysX OFF.  I guess that'll do for now.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#139 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:55 AM

I like the nerfs of most weapons, what I don't like is the hellfire buff, it was ok with the last patch ...
I can already see people flaming that it's too OP.
and byebye EMP, this turned from the most OP item to the most useless item
Posted Image
pm me for hire :)

#140 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 02 2013 - 12:01 PM

I like the nerfs of most weapons, what I don't like is the hellfire buff, it was ok with the last patch ...
But they nerfed HF's damage again.

Decreased missile damage by about 15%.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Patch, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users