HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

April patch preview -Technician, "Valkyrie", New PhysX

News Patch Press Preview

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 26 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postlabmice00, on March 26 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

View PostGuiotine, on March 26 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostReachH, on March 26 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

The old internal names were indeed much better, with the possible exception of Prosk.

I am still waiting for a map named Sentium. Possibly Crion as well.
There is a map named Sentium in the game files. It is also called "Highways".

I actually read the Hawken graphic novel again and saw "Titan" is the name of a Sentium controlled city. I seem to remember that being the name for a map... Origin, I think.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#102 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:34 PM

I think the most important thing not yet realized is the Nanobot Rifle isn't the Repair Torch. This means a second support class will eventually join the Technician. My guess is it will be the Medium class 'Forger'. The Forger will support the team by healing friendlies and fortifying deployed items. Its special ability will be a unique deployable, probably an attack drone. The Forger will use the Civ chassis.

#103 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostHugeGuts, on March 26 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I think the most important thing not yet realized is the Nanobot Rifle isn't the Repair Torch. This means a second support class will eventually join the Technician. My guess is it will be the Medium class 'Forger'. The Forger will support the team by healing friendlies and fortifying deployed items. Its special ability will be a unique deployable, probably an attack drone. The Forger will use the Civ chassis.

We shall see. If my eyes dont deceive me its the same weapon. The difference is them working on the concept more and it evolving into more than just a torch.

We still need to get them to change the Techs chassis to the Kerby Chassis.

Edited by Cpt_Kill_Jack, March 26 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#104 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on March 26 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

View PostHugeGuts, on March 26 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

We shall see. If my eyes dont deceive me its the same weapon. The difference is them working on the concept more and it evolving into more than just a torch.

We still need to get them to change the Techs chassis to the Kerby Chassis.

If you look at the model of the repair torch extracted from the game, it looks pretty different from the nanobot rifle.
Posted Image

#105 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 08:08 PM

Really excited for destructible environments! Also wondering if it will only be on the new map or if we'll see it on all maps now_

The Technician looks like it will be a cool mech and one I welcome into the fold. Some seem to have issues with Hawken being more like Team Fortress 2 but personally I have no issues with that. Definitely will add more depth to team play and will open up some serious tactical options.

For those worried about a Brawler in turret mode with a Technician behind it healing I just have to say this; move away from it. Force the Brawler out of turret mode to combat you and if you're playing an objective based mode then make sure you are working with your team to slam the Brawler or better yet nail the squishy Technician. That's what I do in Team Fortress 2 all the time.

Posted Image

#106 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on March 26 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Really excited for destructible environments! Also wondering if it will only be on the new map or if we'll see it on all maps now_

The Technician looks like it will be a cool mech and one I welcome into the fold. Some seem to have issues with Hawken being more like Team Fortress 2 but personally I have no issues with that. Definitely will add more depth to team play and will open up some serious tactical options.

For those worried about a Brawler in turret mode with a Technician behind it healing I just have to say this; move away from it. Force the Brawler out of turret mode to combat you and if you're playing an objective based mode then make sure you are working with your team to slam the Brawler or better yet nail the squishy Technician. That's what I do in Team Fortress 2 all the time.

Destructible items won't even work on the valkyrie map. They only used it in the demo for pax east so far.

#107 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:53 PM

Keji the destructible environment is something that they are working on that will not be in this upcoming patch. There is still a lot to work out. The demo map that they used at pax is the only map this works on at the moment.

#108 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:14 PM

The disappointment I feel... I want to blow more stuff up when I play Hawken... Like I want to blow EVERYTHING up when I play Hawken...

Posted Image

#109 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 27 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'm worried that they haven't announced a single thing balance wise. Maybe they're just keeping it in the shadows for now. Anyways, loving all the new features, but I'm slightly sceptical towards The Technician, I have a feeling it'll be either useless or too usefull.

Get your hard on.

#110 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 27 2013 - 03:47 AM

I await the moment people realize having a Tech on a team is a requirement.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#111 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 27 2013 - 03:53 AM

Uneasy about Technician addition.  Either it heals fast enough to make-up for loss of one mech’s firepower.  (Makes 1v2s survivable_)  Or it doesn’t.  If former that’s crazy amounts of healing.  (And turns game into Hunt The Tech.)  If latter that’s a team weakening pick.  Middle ground looks perilously narrow.

#112 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 04:08 AM

AND WHAT ABOUT SHARPSHOOTERS WITH TECHNICIANS HEALING THEM ... !

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#113 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 27 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostOmega22, on March 27 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

If a Tech is healing a backline SS, it's not much a problem, as they're wasting their potential because it's easy for a SS to retreat and repair quickly.

Think about what happens when they get put right behind the front line. You'll have Raiders and Scouts that never go down. Turret Brawlers that can't possible die even when multiple people shoot them.

Several weapon combos overheat or come close to overheating against the standard repair rate. What will happen since the Tech has a faster than normal repair rate_

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#114 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 27 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

If a Tech is healing a backline SS, it's not much a problem, as they're wasting their potential because it's easy for a SS to retreat and repair quickly.

Think about what happens when they get put right behind the front line. You'll have Raiders and Scouts that never go down. Turret Brawlers that can't possible die even when multiple people shoot them.

Several weapon combos overheat or come close to overheating against the standard repair rate. What will happen since the Tech has a faster than normal repair rate_

I agree with you on this. The Tech should be up with its team helping his team an not the backline Support SS.

#115 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 11:11 AM

Unless, of course, the Technician can manage to effectively apply its debuff. Brawler/Technician God Mode combo, here we come_ Ha ha! No, gentlemen. Sharpshooter/Technician Instagib combo, here we come!

Edited by HugeGuts, March 27 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#116 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted March 27 2013 - 11:13 AM

I wanna say that the devs wouldn't do something like this without thinking it through first, I really do, but considering all the other times they've done exactly that, I just can't do it with a straight face.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#117 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on March 27 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I wanna say that the devs wouldn't do something like this without thinking it through first, I really do, but considering all the other times they've done exactly that, I just can't do it with a straight face.

I'll do it for you then. They think things through before they do it.

#118 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm also worried how everyone forgot you can put a Repair Charge on any mech, so it can be placed on the Technician as well.

Opposing team: "Dude we're just about to down that Brawler that's being healed by the Tech! C'mon guys!"
The Tech: "Lol nope. *deploys repair charge*"

Opposing player A has left the server.
Opposing player B has left the server.
Opposing player C has left the server.
Opposing player D has left the server.

Get your hard on.

#119 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 27 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on March 27 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm also worried how everyone forgot you can put a Repair Charge on any mech, so it can be placed on the Technician as well.

Opposing team: "Dude we're just about to down that Brawler that's being healed by the Tech! C'mon guys!"

Don't forget, the Brawler can have one too. ^_^

AJK is right

#120 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 27 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on March 27 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Don't forget, the Brawler can have one too. ^_^

Oh and let's not forget the optimizations and internals. It's funny how soon a single mech will become stronger than an entire fuzzy bunny wall.

Get your hard on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Patch, Press, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users