HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Serious Frame Rate Issues -- Friendly Reminder

Patch

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:08 PM

@SS396
Those are ideas worth trying and I might give them a go on the weekend since time is limited.

#22 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hey people, one more followup because it's worth posting.

I'm not going to shovel into deep stats here, I'm just posting my feedback after doing the following test:

Stage 1 - My modified .ini was giving me good results. I played on Mid levels with some advanced features, minus motion blur, ambient occlusion and anistropy at x4. Frames were steady at 60FPS until firefights got close and intense, in which they would drop to the average of 35-40. If it got really bad, 25.

Stage 2 - Made a backup of .inis (both system settings and engine) and went back in with LOW settings and everything essentially turned off. Surprisingly, the frame rate was fantastic, as if the .ini hadn't changed at all. 50-60 FPS, and close fire fights were around 40. I pushed it up to settings in Stage 1, and ended up with about the same FPS as Stage 1 as well. Weeirrd..

So I'm not really sure what to make of this. The FPS was horrible up until the .inis were modified. That much is true. But now that newly generated inis have given me the same performance, I don't know what to call out as the culprit. And I don't really care..

The game works now and that's all I wanted. I didn't drop $60 to waste time experimenting with a broken game. So thanks again to those who helped and feel free to expand on this if you like.

edit- everything was done at the resolution of 1600 x 900

Edited by BRASH, May 04 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#23 [HWK]Defter

[HWK]Defter

Senior Systems Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 104 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi Brash, do you also get bad frame rates with borderless off(unchecked)_

#24 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 12:00 PM

Just tried it (off) and if anything my FPS were slightly better.

Edited by BRASH, May 04 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#25 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted May 04 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well, I guess that explains how others posted they had similar specs and had no issues.

Thanks for taking the time to do some testing.

Have fun
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#26 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 08:19 PM

Post Facility followup: I just loaded the Facility patch, and the game is running FANTASTIC. I've bumped my graphics to High levels with all advanced features turned on and 4x anistropy. I get anywhere from 35 - 60+ FPS on my 560m chip.
Compared to before, this is a significant improvement. Nice going Adhesive. Here's hoping we can maintain that level of performance.

Edited by BRASH, May 11 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#27 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted May 11 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostBRASH, on May 11 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Compared to before, this is a significant improvement. Nice going Adhesive. Here's hoping we can maintain that level of performance.
Thats funny, cause there seems to be a plethora of complaints with loss of FPS since the facility patch.

I guess I'm glad you are not one of them.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#28 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSS396, on May 11 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostBRASH, on May 11 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Thats funny, cause there seems to be a plethora of complaints with loss of FPS since the facility patch.

I guess I'm glad you are not one of them.

I noticed that when I was making my post. Really ironic. I'm actually about to start building a new rig to replace my current laptop as my main machine. It'll be a big upgrade. If performance differs enough, I'll make additional followups.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users